|Alexander Vlahos Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||July 30, 1988|
Alexander Vlahos is a Welsh actor, voice actor, and director who is most prominently known for his character as Philippe I, Duke of Orléans in Versailles (2015-2018) and Mordred in Merlin (2012). However, as of September 2019, he had appeared in more than a dozen various shows and films including Crash (2009-2010), Pen Talar (2010), The Indian Doctor (2010), Truth or Dare (2011), and The Head Hunter (2016). On the other hand, he is also a constant participant in stage shows and has appeared in a number of them including Fortune’s Fool (2013), Macbeth (2013), Romeo and Juliet (2018), Peter Pan (play) (2018). Besides acting, he is also a vocalist who has lent his voice to various characters like Zero in Prisoner Zero (2016), The Stranger in Doctor Who – The Lives of Captain Jack (2017), and as the self-titled character in Hamlet (2017) in audiobooks and audio series. With time, he has also amassed a huge fan base with more than 100k followers on Twitter and more than 150k followers on Instagram.
Tumble, Carmarthenshire, Wales, United Kingdom
Alexander attained a Bachelor Of Arts in Acting from the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama in 2009.
Actor, Voice Actor
- Father – Robert Vlahos
- Mother – Nicci Vlahos
- Others – He has an older step-sister.
Alexander is represented by Management 360.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
64 kg or 141 lbs
Girlfriend / Boyfriend / Spouse
Vlahos has dated –
- Kajsa Mohammar (2011-2016) – Alexander started dating Swedish actress Kajsa Mohammar sometime in 2011. They went around for 5 years making several public appearances together. They even called out to one another over Twitter mentioning one another as “girlfriend” and “boyfriend”. Despite that, in 2016 the fan-favorite couple decided to put an end to their relationship after nearly half a decade. The 2 never came forth to talk about their love for one another as well.
- Lauren Samuels (2016-2018) – Right after Vlahos broke ties with Kajsa Mohammar in 2016, he was seen with actress Lauren Samuel. Rumors began to spread about the two dating one another. Though the couple did not speak about their relationship with one another openly. They did seem to spend a lot of quality time with one another. Hence, making things more certain for their fans. Despite their closeness, the last known post they uploaded to their social media was in 2018 and was captioned “Out with my sassy minx a belated birthday meal.” Hence, leaving us with not enough concrete evidence to say whether they are still dating or not.
- Evan Williams (2015-2018) – Alexander was rumored to have been in a relationship with his on-screen matchup, actor Evan Williams. However, besides their gay role on the show Versailles, there is nothing more.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Greek ancestry on his father’s side and Welsh ancestry on his mother’s side.
- Mesmerizing eyes
- Thick eyebrows
- Curly hair
- Stubble beard
Best Known For
- Being cast as Philippe I, Duke of Orléans in Versailles (2015-2018) and Mordred in Merlin (2012)
- Starring in various other roles such as Dylan in Crash (2009-2010), Iolo in Pen Talar (2010), Tom Evans in The Indian Doctor (2010), Luke in Truth or Dare (2011), and Herbert Mullin in The Head Hunter (2016)
- Being the voice behind the eponymous character in The Confessions of Dorian Gray (2012-2016)
- Lending his vocals to various audiobooks and audio series such as The Diary of River Song (2015), Doctor Who – The Lives of Captain Jack (2017), and Hamlet (2017)
Alexander made his debut theatrical film appearance as Luke in director Robert Heath’s Truth or Dare in 2012. He was cast alongside the likes of Florence Hall, Jack Gordon, Liam Boyle, and Tom Kane.
First TV Show
He made his first TV show appearance as Dylan in Tony Jordan’s drama series Crash in 2009 alongside various actors including actress Kezia Burrows.
As a voice actor, he made his TV show debut as the character of the same name of the show Prisoner Zero in 2016.
Given the fact that Alexander played the sport of ice hockey for almost a decade, during which he had built a lean muscular physique as well as stamina, during that time, Vlahos also developed upper body strength.
Besides that, Vlahos is also a healthy eater and prefers to not consume oily or carbohydrate-rich food. Not only does this help him stay lean and healthy but it also keeps his skin constantly looking fresh.
Alexander Vlahos Favorite Things
- Cuisine – Korean
- Shakespear Play – Hamlet, Richard III, Henry V
- Actor – Joaquin Phoenix, Ryan Gosling, Ryan Reynolds, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Daniel Day-Lewis, David Tennant, Andrew Scott
- Marvel Film – The Avengers (2012)
- Show As Of 2017 – Elementary
- Wrestler – Finn Bálor, The Hardy Boyz
Source – YouTube
Alexander Vlahos Facts
- He was raised in Llantrisant, Mid Glamorgan.
- In a generic Q&A with his fans, Vlahos revealed that his parents Robert and Nicci legally parted ways when he was quite young. Thereafter, his father remarried a woman who had a child who was older than Vlahos. Aside from that, he is the only child of his parents.
- Vlahos studied in the same conservatoire as well-distinguished actor Anthony Hopkins, Aneurin Barnard, and Rob Brydon.
- He is fluent in speaking Welsh as well as English.
- Alexander got his breakthrough with the role of Private Keenan in BBC drama Privates in 2013. He had grown so into character that he even shaved his hair to add authenticity to it.
- Besides his TV and silver screen appearance, Vlahos is also noted for his stage appearance, especially for his role as Malcolm in Macbeth, which, he performed at the “Manchester International Festival” (2013) and as well as on “Broadway” (2014). He also appeared in the lead role in Romeo & Juliet (2018).
- His mother Nicci has a pet dog named Caden.
- Prior to picking acting as his career, he had been playing ice hockey for 10 years. He started at the age of 8 and put an end to his career at the age of 18. In 2019, he played his first game of ice hockey after he left it when he was 18 years old.
- He lent his voice to the titular character on The Confessions of Dorian Gray from 2012 to 2016.
- In the past, Vlahos was featured on the prospectus guide of Royal Welsh College of Music & Drama.
- He once played the bass guitar.
- Vlahos always prefers Marvel characters over DC Comics characters.
- He made his debut as a director with his short film titled Lola in 2019.
- Alexander and actor Tom Cullen are the best of friends. They even studied in the same batch in the conservatoire.
- He is the voice behind the voice of Robert Catesby in the video game Doctor Who: The Adventure Games – The Gunpowder Plot, which was released in 2011.
- Follow Vlahos on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image By Alexander Vlahos / Instagram