|Anthony Hopkins Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||December 31, 1937|
Anthony Hopkins is a prominent Welsh actor, director, producer, and composer who has given acclaimed performances in the films The Silence of the Lambs (1991), Legends of the Fall (1994), The Remains of the Day (1993), Thor (2011), etc. He has more than 800k followers on Twitter, more than 3 million followers on Instagram, and more than 7 million followers on Facebook.
Philip Anthony Hopkins
Margam, West Glamorgan, Wales, United Kingdom
Actor, Director, Producer, Composer
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm (Current Height)
His peak height was 5 ft 9 in or 175 cm.
74 kg or 163 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Anthony has dated –
- Debbie Allen
- Carole Mallory
- Petronella Barker (1966-1972) – The veteran actor wed Petronella Barker on September 2, 1967. The couple was blessed with daughter Abigail Hopkins (b. August 20, 1968) before getting divorced in 1972.
- Jennifer Lynton (1972-2002) – His marriage to Jennifer Lynton lasted from 1973 until 2002.
- Geraldine Edwards (1985)
- Martha Stewart (1990-1991)
- Joyce Ingalls (1995-1996)
- Francine Kay (1998-2001)
- Stella Arroyave (2002-Present) – The Meet Joe Black star is married to Stella Arroyave since March 1, 2003.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Welsh and English descent.
However, his hair has turned ‘Gray’ due to his advanced age.
Anthony Hopkins Favorite Things
- Shakespeare Play – King Lear
- Movie Role – Burt Munro in The World’s Fastest Indian (2005)
- Horror Film – Rosemary’s Baby (1968)
Anthony Hopkins Facts
- His spine-chilling portrayal of Hannibal Lecter in The Silence of the Lambs (1991) was named as the greatest villain in AFI‘s list of ‘100 Years… 100 Heroes & Villains’ in 2003.
- Hopkins is distantly related to the legendary poet, W. B. Yeats.
- He has played 2 different U.S. Presidents – Richard Nixon in Nixon (1995) and John Quincy Adams in Amistad (1997).
- Sir Anthony is dyslexic.
- He was the inspiration behind The Anthony Hopkins School of Dramatic Arts which was opened in Invercargill, New Zealand.
- In January 2021, he received the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.
- In April 2021, he won the Academy Award for “Best Actor” for his role in the 2020 drama film, The Father.
Featured Image by Elena Torre / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 2.0