|Laura Gómez Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||November 15, 1979|
Laura Gómez is a Dominican actress, writer, producer, voiceover artist, and director who is best known for her role as Blanca Flores in the American comedy-drama web television series titled Orange Is the New Black. In addition to that, she has also been cast in many other on-screen projects including Anne Plus, Show Me a Hero, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, Maggie Black, and America Adrift.
Laura Anne Gomez
New York, United States
She studied at the University of New York as well as the Jacob Krueger Studio.
Actress, Writer, Producer, Director, Voiceover Artist
Laura Gómez is represented by Authentic Talent and Literary Management, Talent Management Company, Brooklyn, New York, United States.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Laura Gómez has dated –
- Kyle Eastwood (1991-2005)
- Salman Rushdie (2016)
Race / Ethnicity
Laura Gómez has Dominican roots.
- Dimpled smile
- A beauty spot below her lips
Laura Gómez Facts
- She grew up in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic.
- At the age of 21, she shifted to New York to study acting.
- Laura Gómez made her first film appearance by playing the role of Caroline in the 1982 French comedy film, Ma femme s’appelle reviens, starring Michel Blanc, Anémone, Xavier Saint-Macary, and Pascale Rocard.
- Alongside the likes of Taylor Schilling, Laura Prepon, Michael Harney, Michelle Hurst, Kate Mulgrew, Jason Biggs, Uzo Aduba, Danielle Brooks, Nick Sandow, Yael Stone, Samira Wiley, Jackie Cruz, Lea DeLaria, and Elizabeth Rodriguez, Laura Gómez was cast in the Netflix drama series Orange Is the New Black from 2013 to 2019.
- For her role in Orange Is the New Black, she won, alongside her fellow cast members, the Screen Actors Guild Award for “Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series” in 2016.
- She also appeared as Selena Cruz in a few episodes of the police procedural crime drama television series, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, between 2014 and 2015.
- Laura is a literature fan and enjoys reading books and novels.
- She has been a member of the Spanish Repertory Theater.
- As a director and producer, Laura Gómez has been associated with projects such as The Iron Warehouse, To Kill a Roach, and Hallelujah.
- She has done voiceover work for audiobooks like How the García Girls Lost Their Accent by Julia Álvarez and The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Díaz.
Featured Image by Laura Gómez / Instagram