|Kelly Clarkson Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3½ in|
|Date of Birth||April 24, 1982|
Kelly Clarkson is an American singer, songwriter, actress, author, voiceover artist, producer, and television personality who initially gained fame as the winner of the first season of American Idol in 2002. Since then, she has won at least 3 Grammy Awards, 3 MTV Video Music Awards, 4 American Music Awards, 2 Academy of Country Music Awards, and a Daytime Emmy Award and has been credited as “one of pop music’s greatest singers” by Billboard. Some of her popular tracks and albums are Breakaway, Stronger, All I Ever Wanted, Wrapped in Red, The Trouble with Love Is, Because of You, Don’t You Wanna Stay (with Jason Aldean), Heartbeat Song, Already Gone, and Miss Independent. Moreover, she has also gained acclaim as a coach on the competition series The Voice and for hosting the talk show The Kelly Clarkson Show.
Kelly Brianne Clarkson
Kellbelle, The Original American Idol, The Princess of Pop, The Queen of Covers
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
Texas, United States
Kelly attended Pauline Hughes Middle School and graduated from Burleson High School in Burleson, Texas.
Singer, Songwriter, Actress, Author, Voiceover Artist, Producer, Television Personality
- Father – Stephen Michael Clarkson (Former engineer)
- Mother – Jeanne Ann (née Rose) (First-grade English teacher)
- Siblings – Jason Clarkson (Older Brother), Alyssa Clarkson (Older Sister)
- Others – Jimmy Taylor (Stepfather), Reba McEntire (Step-Mother-In-Law), (Singer, Actress), Harold Lloyd Clarkson (Paternal Grandfather), Marama Jane Powell (Paternal Grandmother), Nial Ewing Rose (Maternal Grandfather), Mary Gladys George (Maternal Grandmother)
Kelly was married to Brandon Blackstock from 2013 to 2020 and Brandon is the stepson of Narvel Blackstock, who acted as Clarkson’s manager. Narvel runs Starstruck (management company).
Country, pop-rock, pop
RCA Records, 19 Records, Atlantic Records
5 ft 3½ in or 161 cm
79 kg or 174 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kelly Clarkson has dated –
- Graham Colton (2005-2006) – The two American singers started dating in May 2005 when they met during Kelly’s Breakaway World Tour in 2005. The duo broke up in 2006.
- Ryan Key (2006-2007) – From 2006 to 2007, she was romantically linked to another singer and musician Ryan Key.
- Brandon Blackstock (2012-2020) – In February 2012, Kelly started dating a talent manager Brandon Blackstock (Brandon is the stepson of Kelly’s manager Narvel Blackstock). In 2012, Kelly revealed that she knew him for 6 years but at that time, he was married. But, when she met him at Super Bowl, he was single. Hence, she married him in December 2012. The couple married on October 20, 2013, at Blackberry Farm in Walland, Tennessee. She has two stepchildren – daughter Savannah and son Seth from Brandon’s last marriage. With Brandon, Kelly gave birth to her first child, a girl named, River Rose Blackstock on June 12th, 2014, and son Remington Alexander Blackstock on April 12, 2016. She filed for divorce from him in June 2020 and got primary custody of the kids. In July 2021, it was revealed that Kelly had been ordered by the court to pay $200,000 a month in spousal and child support fees to Brandon. In August 2021, her prenup was validated by a judge in the case. The prenup segregates all her assets and income obtained during her marriage to Brandon.
Race / Ethnicity
Clarkson is of English, Greek (from a maternal great-grandfather), German, Irish and Scottish descent.
She dyes her hair blonde.
Kelly is naturally a brunette.
37-31-37 in or 94-78-94 cm
12 (US) or 44 (EU) or 16 (UK)
7 (US) or 4.5 (UK) or 37.5 (EU)
Citizen watches (2013)
Best Known For
Winning the first season of American Idol in 2002. She is described as “The Original American Idol”
Kelly released her debut album Thankful on April 15, 2003, via RCA. The pop-rock album featured 12 tracks and charted at #1 on US Billboard 200. She was able to sell 2,776,000 copies in U.S. and 148,461 copies in the U.K. It was certified as 2× Platinum in the USA and received 4 stars (out of 5) from AllMusic.
Kelly debuted with the 2002 gay-themed independent romantic drama film Issues 101 for her role as Crystal.
First TV Show
In 2002 only, Clarkson appeared as an extra in Fox’s sitcom That ’80s Show in an episode titled “Valentine’s Day”. Her role is uncredited.
Kelly’s personal trainer is Nora James. She is working with Nora since early 2012. Nora says she first studies the mind and body of her client so that she can make a tailor-made workout routine as per the body condition and client requirements.
Kelly only wanted to remain healthy and full of energy. Nora made Kelly do different exercises each day as she (Nora) gets bored easily. Nora’s favorite exercise is boxing and so she also makes her client do that. Nora did strength training, hiking, cardio, and others with her for an hour a day initially and increased the workout to two hours a day gradually.
She does not believe in diets. She, though, always keep fruits, vegetables, and nuts in her hand.
She suggests her readers to treat food as a medicine and don’t eat it to feed your emotion. Do exercises regularly by treating it as your job. You need a job to survive and health to do the job.
Kelly Clarkson Favorite Things
- Song – Des’ree Kissing You
- Artists – Céline Dion, Mariah Carey, No Doubt, Reba McEntire
- Holiday Destination – Australia, Boston
Source – IMDb, Oprah
Kelly Clarkson Facts
- Kelly’s parents divorced when she was six. So, she decided to stay with her mom, her brother went with dad, and her older sister Alyssa stayed with an aunt.
- Kelly has termed Aerosmith, Aretha Franklin, Garbage, Etta James, Jimi Hendrix, Mariah Carey, Radiohead, and Whitney Houston as her musical influences.
- She has previously worked at a zoo as well as in a bookstore.
- In December 2011, she did voiceover work in an episode titled A Phineas and Ferb Family Christmas of the animated musical comedy television series, Phineas and Ferb.
- She supported and voted for Ron Paul as the 2012 presidential candidate.
- She supports gay rights.
- She has also undergone eye surgery in order to correct her vision.
- If she weren’t a singer, she would have been a marine biologist.
- When Kelly was a kid, she and her family suffered from financial disturbance. Hence, at that time, music was her shelter.
- If she could have dinner with anyone (living or dead), she would choose her grandparents.
- She is the first artist in history to top each of Billboard‘s pop, adult contemporary, adult pop, country, and dance charts.
- In 2002, Clarkson appeared as an extra in the Sabrina the Teenage Witch (based on Archie’s comic book series) in an episode “The Whole Ball of Wax”.
- Once she was confused by a fan with American Idol winner Carrie Underwood. Kelly also gave Carrie’s autograph to that fan on being requested.
- She hosted the Billboard Music Awards 2020 which was held on October 14 at Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles, California.
- In November 2020, she countersued her management company, Starstruck for violating California Labor Code and Talent Agencies Act several times. Hence, she demanded to make the 15 percent commission on her gross earnings void.
- In 2020, after her divorce from Brandon Blackstock, Garth Brooks‘ song, The Dance really helped Kelly remain positive during that moment.
- In December 2020, Kelly’s talk show, The Kelly Clarkson Show was renewed by NBC for 2 more seasons.
- In April 2021, during an episode of The Voice, she revealed that the one song that she is afraid to cover is Despacito.
- In 2017, she had listed her Tennessee-based 20,121 square feet mansion for $8.75 million. She had initially purchased the property for $2.86 million in 2012 and it was finally sold for $6.3 million in 2021.
- During the 2021 Daytime Emmy Awards, she won the award for “Outstanding Entertainment Talk Show Host” and “Outstanding Entertainment Talk Show” for The Kelly Clarkson Show.
- In 2021, Kelly purchased a 5,000 square feet mansion in the Toluca Lake neighborhood of California for $5.4 million. It has 5 bedrooms and 7 bathrooms.