|Dolly Parton Quick Info|
|Height||4 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||January 19, 1946|
|Spouse||Carl Thomas Dean|
Dolly Parton is an American singer, actress, and businesswoman known for releasing popular singles like Baby I’m Burning, I Know You By Heart, and Eagle When She Flies. She has won various awards for her superior singing skills like Grammy Awards, Country Music Association Awards, and American Music Awards. She has a huge social media fan base with more than 1 million followers on Instagram, more than 5 million followers on Twitter, and more than 4 million followers on Facebook.
Dolly Rebecca Parton
The Smoky Mountain Songbird, The Iron Butterfly, The Queen of Country, The Backwoods Barbie, The Queen of Nashville, The Book Lady, The Leading Lady of Country, Aunt Granny
Sevier County, Tennessee, United States
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Dolly Parton completed her high school in 1964.
Singer, Songwriter, Multi-Instrumentalist, Record Producer, Actress, Author, Businesswoman, Philanthropist
- Father – Robert Lee Parton Sr. (Subsistence Farmer and Construction Worker)
- Mother – Avie Lee Caroline
- Siblings – She has 11 siblings.
- Others – Miley Cyrus (Godchild) (Actress and Musician), William Walter Parton (Paternal Grandfather), Bessie Elizabeth Rayfield (Paternal Grandmother), The Rev. Jacob Robert Owens (Maternal Grandfather), Rene Kansas Valentine (Maternal Grandmother)
Dolly Parton is managed by –
- Danny Nozell, Manager, CTK Management, Nashville, Tennessee, United States.
- William Morris Endeavor (WME) Entertainment, Talent Agent, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
- Edelstein, Laird & Sobel, Legal Representatives, Los Angeles, California, USA.
- Guesty PR, Press contact, London, United Kingdom.
Country, Country pop, Bluegrass, Gospel
Vocals, Guitar, Banjo, Saxophone, Piano, Flute
- Goldband Records
- RCA Victor
- Warner Bros.
- Rising Tide
- Sugar Hill
- Dolly Records
4 ft 11 in or 150 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Dolly Parton has dated –
- Carl Thomas Dean – Dolly and businessman Carl Thomas Dean married on May 30, 1966, in Ringgold, Georgia. The couple keeps a low profile and hardly appears together publicly. Expressing her pride in her married life, Dolly stated that it was the first and the last for both of them. On their 50th wedding anniversary on May 30, 2011, Dolly and Carl renewed their vows. The couple does not have children of their own.
Race / Ethnicity
She has English, German, Irish, Scottish, and Welsh ancestry.
- Curved Lips
- A mole below her lips (left side)
- Arched eyebrows
- Bright long nails
- Green eyes
Dolly Parton has done endorsement work for the following brands –
- Visit Sevierville
- Breeze Detergent
- Golden Nugget
- Dixie Stampede
- Tennessee Tourism
Her song, 5 to 9 was used in Squarespace‘s 2021 Super Bowl Commercial.
In February 2022, Dolly was featured in T-Mobile’s “Super Bowl” commercial alongside Miley Cyrus.
Best Known For
- Her phenomenal contribution in country music with around 40 top ten albums, 3,000 original compositions, including the popular hits like I Will Always Love You, Jolene, and Coat of Many Colors. She has more than 25 songs certified as ‘Gold’, ‘Platinum’, and ‘Multi-Platinum’.
- Winning several prestigious awards like Grammy Awards, Country Music Association Awards, Academy of Country Music Awards, and American Music Awards. She has also won the Hall of Fame Award for “I Will Always Love You” (2007) and “Jolene” (2014), and Lifetime Achievement Award (2011).
- Being inducted into many Halls Of Fame including the Country Music Hall of Fame (1999), and the National Academy of Popular Music/Songwriters Hall of Fame (2001).
On February 13, 1967, Dolly released her full-length debut album Hello, I’m Dolly with Monument label. The album has 12 original tracks.
In 1980, Dolly made her theatrical film debut in the comedy film 9 to 5 as Doralee Rhodes.
First TV Show
In 1964, Dolly made her TV show debut on The Early Morning Show.
There is no information on Dolly’s workout routine but, she has been known for sporadic dieting. She has been linked with the famous cabbage soup diet which is also known as the Dolly Parton’s Cabbage Soup diet.
Dolly Parton Favorite Things
- Color – White and yellow
- Drink – Red Wine
- Appetizer – Chopped clams Casino
- Meal – Roast pork, Green beans, Turnip greens and fried okra
- Perfume – Gendarme
Source – Interview Magazine, NY Times, Pens And Patron
Dolly Parton Facts
- She grew up in an extremely poor household.
- Dolly is the 4th child of the 12 children in her family.
- She moved to Nashville the next day after graduating from high school in 1964.
- Her first job was singing on the Cas Walker radio show in Knoxville, Tennessee at the age of 10.
- As a versatile artist, she has received at least one nomination from the Academy Awards, Grammy Awards, Tony Awards, and Emmy Awards.
- In 2007, Dolly started the Dolly Records with the intention to gain larger marketing deals.
- She prefers really tight and really sparkly dresses.
- She was bullied in school.
- Dolly has a huge obsession with colorful butterflies.
- In 2005, she was honored by the US government for her contribution in the field of arts with the National Medal of Arts.
- The Dolly Foundation was formed to provide scholarships to local students in high school in April 1988.
- In 1995, Dolly Parton Imagination Library was launched as a part of The Dolly Foundation, which mails free books to children who are enrolled in the programme till the age of 5 years.
- In 1986, the Rebel Railroad Park re-opened as Dollywood Amusement Park with a joint partnership between Dolly Parton and Herschend Family Entertainment in Knoxville-Smoky Mountains, Tennessee.
- She is the also the Executive of her Dollywood Company, based in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, United States.
- Dolly has also authored numerous books including Coat of Many Colors (2016), Dream More: Celebrate the Dreamer in You (2012), and I Am a Rainbow (2009).
- The first cloned sheep ‘Dolly’ was named after her in reference to her rare breast implant.
- In 2018, she was added in the Guinness World Records for ‘Most Decades with a Top 20 hit on Billboard’s Hot Country Songs Chart’, and ‘Most Hits on Billboard’s Hot Country Songs Chart by a Female Artist.’
- In 2020, Dolly Parton COVID-19 Research Fund had partly funded Moderna’s Coronavirus vaccine research by donating $1 million.
- Dolly Parton had won the 2020 Hitmaker Award at the 2020 Billboard’s Women in Music event.
- She lost her younger brother Randy to cancer in January 2021. She had announced his death on Facebook on January 21, 2021, 2 days after her birthday.
- In March 2021, she received the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Her celebrity crush is Jimmy Fallon.
- Dolly was chosen as the People’s 2021 People of the Year apart from Simone Biles and Sandra Oh.
- In February 2022, Dolly was announced as the host of the 2022 Academy of Country Music Awards.
- In September 2022, Dolly and Kelly Clarkson released a special duet version of 9 to 5, which was later featured in Still Working 9 to 5 documentary.
- In November 2022, Dolly was inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.
- In November 2022, Dolly received the “$100 Million Courage And Civility Award” from Jeff Bezos.
- In November 2023, Dolly released her first rock album titled Rockstar.
Featured Image by Curtis Hilbun / My New Desk / CC BY-3.0