|Simone Biles Quick Info|
|Height||4 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||March 14, 1997|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Simone Biles is an American artistic gymnast who has been regarded as the greatest gymnast of all time by some and is the most decorated American gymnast and the world’s third most decorated gymnast, behind Belarus’ Vitaly Scherbo (33 medals) and Russia’s Larisa Latynina (32 medals), as she has won a total of 30 Olympic and World Championship medals. Her achievements include being at least a five-time World all-around champion (2013–2015, 2018–19), five-time World floor exercise champion (2013–2015, 2018–19), three-time World balance beam champion (2014–15, 2019), two-time World vault champion (2018–19), a seven-time United States national all-around champion (2013–2016, 2018–19, 2021), and a member of the gold-medal-winning American teams at 2014, 2015, 2018, and 2019 World Artistic Gymnastics Championships.
Simone Arianne Biles
Columbus, Ohio, United States
Spring, Texas, United States
Due to her busy gymnastic practice schedule, she couldn’t go for regular education. Therefore, she completed her secondary education through homeschooling. In August 2014, she gave a verbal commitment to join the University of California, Los Angeles. But, she didn’t join it.
- Father – Kelvin Clemons
- Mother – Shanon Biles
- Siblings – Ashley Biles (Biological Older Sibling), Tevin Biles (Biological Older Sibling), Adria Biles (Younger Sister), Ronald Jr. Biles (Older Brother), Adam Biles (Older Brother)
- Others – Ronald George Biles (Grandfather), Nellie Louise (Step-Grandmother)
Note – As her real father Kelvin Clemons had abandoned her family at birth and her mother Shanon couldn’t care for Simone and her siblings due to her alcohol and drug addiction, Simone and her sister Adria were adopted by her mother Shanon’s father Ron Biles and his second wife Nellie Cayetano Biles. Ron and Nellie’s biological sons Ronald and Adam legally became Simone’s brothers. Simone’s biological older siblings Ashley and Tevin were adopted by Ron’s sister.
Simone Biles has been represented by –
- Janey Miller of Octagon Olympics and Action Sports
- World Champions Centre, Gymnastics Center, Spring, Texas, United States
4 ft 8 in or 142 cm
46 kg or 101.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Simone Biles has dated –
- Arthur Mariano – In August 2016, Simone Biles was dating Brazilian athlete Arthur Mariano. During the 2016 Olympics, Biles declared Arthur as her international boyfriend. When Simone shared a picture of actor Zac Efron kissing on her cheek, Arthur responded with a picture of him kissing Simone on the cheek accompanied by the caption, ‘I saw her first, she is my girl.’ However, Simone has stated that they are just good friends. They first met each other at the World Championships in 2013.
- Stacey Ervin (2017-2020) – In 2017, Simone started dating fellow gymnast Stacey Ervin. She revealed her boyfriend on her Instagram in August 2017. However, the duo broke up after being romantically involved for 3 years.
- Jonathan Owens (2020-Present) – She started going out with football safety Jonathan Owens in June 2020. The couple got engaged in February 2022.
Race / Ethnicity
She has African American ancestry on both of her biological parents’ side.
- Short height
- Broad smile
35-24-34 in or 89-61-86 cm
8 (US) or 40 (EU)
5 (US) or 35.5 (US)
Simone has been seen in these adverts –
- Tide Pods
- Procter & Gamble
- Uber Eats (with Jonathan Van Ness) – This campaign about Uber Eats had received criticism from people in 2020.
Best Known For
- Having won a gold medal at the 2016 Rio Olympics in an artistic gymnastics individual all-around competition
- Being the 3-time world balance beam champion (won in 2014, 2015, and 2019)
First Gymnastic Event
Simone Biles made her senior international gymnastic debut in March 2013 at the American Cup.
First TV Show
In 2016, Simone was seen in the family series Mack & Moxy in the role of Admirable Simone in just 1 episode.
In the run-up to the 2016 Olympics, Simone Biles was having two to three-hour-long practice sessions in the gym. These sessions focussed mainly on gymnastic drills and practicing various sequences.
Simone also goes out for over a mile-long run. She also relies on swimming for conditioning purposes. The swimming sessions are held twice a week and include going for 1 mile per session.
Also, she goes cycling for 10 miles once a week.
When it comes to the gym workout, she likes to do leg conditioning. She also focuses on core work but, she doesn’t like it much.
For the breakfast, she likes to have egg whites or Kellogg’s Red Berries. Then, for lunch, she goes for protein-rich fish or chicken.
Simone Biles Favorite Things
- Travel Destination – Belize
- Color – Purple
- TV Shows – Pretty Little Liars, Beverly Hills, 90210
- Movie – Any Zac Efron movie.
- Gymnastics Routine – Floor
- Inspiration – Dominique Moceanu
Source – USMagazine.com
Simone Biles Facts
- She holds the record of being the first athlete to have won 14 medals including 10 gold medals at the World Artistic Gymnastics Championships.
- At the 2012 London Olympics, she became the first US female gymnast to be designated as the flag-bearer at the closing ceremony of the Olympics event.
- Along with her teammate Gabby Douglas, she holds the distinction of being the first American female gymnast to win team gold as well as an individual all-around goal.
- In 2016, she took to Twitter to reveal that she suffers from Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and had been issued Therapeutic Use Exemption to take medication for it.
- At the 2016 Olympic Games, she became the first American female gymnast to have won 4 gold medals at a single games event.
- In 2013, she had consulted a sports psychologist to deal with her anxiety and confidence issues.
- In 2014, the Women’s Sports Foundation named her the Sportswoman of the Year.
- She has a celebrity crush on Zac Efron.
- She is the first American female gymnast to win a World medal on every event and the first female gymnast since Daniela Silivaș in 1988 to win a medal on every event at a single Olympic Games or World Championships, having accomplished this feat at the 2018 World Championships in Doha.
- She has shared a friendly bond with Laurie Hernandez.
- Her dad served in the Air Force for 21 Years.
- In May 2021, Simone Biles performed the Yurchenko double pike move during U.S. Classic. Until that time, no female gymnast had ever completed that move during the competition. Hence, she became the first female gymnast to do so in a competition.
- In 2021, she became the first American woman to win the U.S. Gymnastics National All-Around Championship title a record 7 times.
- At the age of 24, Simone had graced the cover of Health magazine’s July/August 2021 issue.
- In July 2021, for Tokyo Olympics 2020 (which was held in 2021 due to COVID-19), Simone teamed up with her Dancing With the Stars partner, Sasha Farber for the new Olympic floor routine.
- During the Tokyo Olympics 2020, she had withdrawn herself from the team final competition due to a medical problem. She later withdrew from the uneven bars and vault competitions at the Olympics 2020.
- During the Tokyo Olympics 2020, she had participated in the women’s balance beam event and won a bronze medal for her country. She had also won the bronze medal in the Rio de Janeiro Olympics 2016 in the same event.
- In August 2021, she had become the most decorated US Olympic gymnast with 7 medals in the Olympics. However, at that time, she was tied with former gymnast Shannon Miller.
- In August 2021, Simone revealed that she had suffered a dog bite on her hand from a German Shepherd.
- In 2021, Simone joined the advisory board of the NFT based company of Tom Brady named Autograph.
- Simone wore 88 pounds gown at the Met Gala 2021 event. She had to take the help of 6 people to carry the dress. The dress was made by AREA x Athleta.
- In 2021, Simone Biles was included in Time magazine’s Time100 list which was a list of the top 100 most influential people.
- Apart from Dolly Parton and Sandra Oh, Simone was chosen as People’s 2021 People of the Year.
- In December 2021, Simone was named Time Magazine‘s “Athlete of the Year”.