|Jonathan Owens Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||July 22, 1995|
Jonathan Owens is an American professional football player who has represented, as a safety, the Houston Texans (2019–Present) in the National Football League (NFL). He was undrafted after his college graduation in 2018 and had signed up with the Arizona Cardinals as a free agent. He was, however, not a member of their first team and was only a part of their offseason and practice squads.
St. Louis, Missouri, United States
Spring, Harris County, Texas, United States
Jonathan had attended the Mid Rivers Elementary School in Saint Peters, Missouri. He had then joined the Christian Brothers College High School, a Lasallian Catholic college preparatory school in Creve Coeur, Missouri, a suburb of St. Louis. He had played high school football for the institution.
After his high school graduation in 2013, he had enrolled in the Missouri Western State University (MWSU), a public university in Saint Joseph, Missouri. He had played college football for their Missouri Western Griffons football team and had graduated from there in 2018, majoring in pre-physical therapy with the aim of becoming a doctor.
Professional American Football Player
- Mother – Arthurine Cannon
- Siblings – He has a sister.
36 – Houston Texans
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
95 kg or 209.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jonathan has dated –
- Simone Biles (2020–Present) – Jonathan had started dating champion American artistic gymnast Simone Biles in June 2020. Simone had announced it publicly on social media in August 2020. In February 2022, Jonathan got engaged to Simone. In April 2023, Simone announced that they had tied the knot. On May 6, 2023, they tied the knot for a second time at a destination wedding in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-American descent.
- Toned physique
- Short-cropped afro hair
- Sports a trimmed goatee
- Has his left hand covered in tattoos
Jonathan Owens Facts
- While playing for the Christian Brothers College High School (CBC), Jonathan had won the ‘CBC Linebacker of the Year’ award. He was an All-Conference football player during his high school career.
- In his first year at the Missouri Western State University (MWSU), he had redshirted (a practice in US college athletics, where an athlete’s participation is delayed to lengthen their period of eligibility) the football season. During his final season in 2017, he had started all 11 games and was 2nd on the team in tackles (95).
- He was named the ‘MWSU Male Student-Athlete of the Year’ and was included in the ‘All-MIAA (Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletics Association) Second Team’. He was on the MIAA ‘Academic Honor Roll’ throughout his college career.
- After signing with the Arizona Cardinals, as a free agent, following the 2018 NFL Draft, he was waived due to an injury and had to spend the entire season on the injured reserve list. In August 2019, he was waived completely.
- In September 2019, he was signed to the Houston Texans practice squad, promoted to the active roster in November 2019, waived 2 days later, and then re-signed to the practice squad. He was signed on a reserve/future contract in January 2020. In September 2020, he was waived again and then signed to the practice squad the very next day. Eventually, in December 2020, he was signed to the team’s active roster.
- He is an ardent supporter of the basketball team Miami Heat.
Featured Image by Jonathan Owens / Instagram