|Jonathan Van Ness Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||March 28, 1987|
Jonathan Van Ness is an American hairdresser, podcaster, and television personality known for the popularity of his podcast, Getting Curious with Jonathan Van Ness. He has also appeared on the popular web series Gay of Thrones. Jonathan has a huge social media fan base with more than 1 million followers on Instagram and more than 300k followers on Twitter, and more than 50k followers on Facebook.
Jonathan Van Ness
Quincy, Illinois, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Jonathan Van Ness went to Quincy Senior High School. After graduating from high school, he got enrolled in a college but dropped out after 3 years to pursue hairstyling. He later got enrolled at the Aveda Institute in Minneapolis.
Hairdresser, Podcaster, Television Personality
- Mother – Mary Oakley Winters
6 ft or 183 cm
75 kg or 165 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jonathan Van Ness has dated –
- Wilco Froneman (2018) – Jonathan was in a short-lived relationship with the rugby player Wilco Froneman in 2018. Van Ness made his first public appearance with Froneman at the Creative Arts Emmys in Los Angeles on September 9, 2018. He took to Instagram to announce his relationship with him and later in December, to announce his break up as well. Looking at his post, it appeared that Wilco was cheating on him which was the reason for their separation. He requested his fans not to blame Wilco and that he was broken at the moment but he was good.
- Antoni Porowski (2019) – Jonathan was then linked with his co-star from Netflix’s Queer Eye Antoni Porowski. Fans started speculating that Jonathan might be seeing Antoni, a restaurateur when both started a joint Instagram account in July and would post pics which showed them displaying affection for each other. However, towards the end of July (to be precise July 31, 2019), Van Ness finally took to Twitter to clear the speculations of him and Antoni Porowski dating. He added that Antoni is a lovely friend with whom he might fall in love someday but not now.
- Mark Peacock (2020-Present) – In December 2020, he announced that he had tied the knot with Mark Peacock earlier in 2020.
Race / Ethnicity
- Long hair
- Heavy mustache
Jonathan has appeared in an Uber Eats commercial with Simone Biles in 2020. But, the campaign had received criticism.
Best Known For
- The popularity of the bi-weekly podcast, Getting Curious with Jonathan Van Ness.
- Having done the web series, Gay of Thrones, which was a parody of the popular TV show, Game of Thrones.
- Having served as the grooming expert on the Netflix web series, Queer Eye.
First TV Show
In 2014, Jonathan Van Ness made his first TV show appearance on the comedy mini-series, I Love the 2000s.
He relies on yoga to keep himself fit. Even if he is busy with work, he makes sure that he squeezes in a short session at his home.
In August 2022, Jonathan revealed that he had lost almost 35 lbs by working out.
Jonathan Van Ness Favorite Things
- Beauty Products – Herbivore Pink Cloud Moisture Creme, Eve Lom Cleanser, Marc Jacobs Beauty Brow Wow Defining Longwear Eyebrow Pencil, Marc Jacobs Beauty Cover(t) Stick Color Corrector, Byredo Fragrance, and Ouai Texturizing Hair Spray
Source – Well And Good
Jonathan Van Ness Facts
- While studying in high school, he was regularly bullied because of his sexuality. He even used to receive death threats.
- At Quincy Senior High School, he created history by becoming the first male cheerleader.
- After completing the hairstyling course, he started working as a hairstylist in Arizona, where he worked for 5 years.
- In 2009, he decided to move to Los Angeles for better and bigger opportunities. After moving to Los Angeles, he started working as a personal assistant at Sally Hershberger Salon.
- He has collaborated with Monique Northrop to start MoJoHair and at Stile Salon in Los Angeles.
- He suffered from a binge eating disorder in the past.
- In November 2022, Jonathan and Antoni Porowski launched a pet food company called Yummers.
- Visit his official website @ jonathanvanness.com.
Featured Image by Jonathan Van Ness / Instagram