|Antoni Porowski Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||March 14, 1984|
Antoni Porowski is a Canadian-Polish actor, chef, model, and TV personality who is mainly known for appearing as the food and wine expert in the Netflix series Queer Eye and also for playing the role of The Lead Officer in the TV show The Blacklist. Before becoming an actor, he used to work as a waiter, sommelier, general manager, and food consultant in New York City. He has a huge social media fan base with more than 3 million followers on Instagram and over 500k followers on Twitter.
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States
Antoni attended Concordia University and graduated from there with a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology. Then, he went to Neighborhood Playhouse School of the Theatre in New York City, from where he graduated in 2011.
Actor, Chef, TV Personality, Model
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – He has 2 sisters.
He is represented by –
- Alex Kovacs, UNTITLED Entertainment, Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Ben Levine, Creative Artists Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States
6 ft or 183 cm
75 kg or 165 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Antoni Porowski has dated –
- Joey Krietemeyer (2011-Present) – Antoni started dating director Joey Krietemeyer in 2011. It was reported that he’s close to Joey’s mother and even cooks food for her occasionally. The couple has been spotted together at various events and they can also be seen together in many of the Instagram posts.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Canadian and Polish descent.
Dark Brown (Natural)
He prefers to dye his hair ‘blonde’.
He once said that his sexuality is fluid and prefers not to label himself. He also told that gender is not a factor in who he is attracted to.
He has endorsed Vita Coco, David Yurman, and Strongbow through his Instagram account.
Best Known For
- Appearing as the food and wine expert in the Netflix series Queer Eye
- Playing the role of the lead officer in the TV show The Blacklist
He made his theatrical film debut as Elliot’s father in the romantic comedy film Elliot Loves in 2012.
First TV Show
Antoni made his first TV show appearance as Lacrosse Player on the sports comedy series Blue Mountain State in 2010.
The actor has revealed the secret behind his perfect body which also includes his active lifestyle. He has also shared that he cannot get a sound sleep if he hasn’t worked out. Usually, he likes doing Pilates, Yoga, Bootcamps, weightlifting, and cardio. He doesn’t stick to only one type of workout.
When it comes to diet, he focuses on eating a healthy and clean diet. He did an intermittent fasting for over 6 months before he started doing a morning cardio session but he had to change his diet plan because he used to feel very hungry after the morning cardio session and couldn’t wait until midday to eat his first meal. He also believes that everyone’s body is different and responds differently to the diet they consume. In his own words,
“A diet for one person doesn’t necessarily work for another.”
He said that he’s not one of those people who can go till midday without eating anything. He requires a steady source of energy to energize his body which would help him work out better.
So, he always has salmon jerky, beef jerky, or turkey jerky or some sort of good snack to munch on. He starts his day with a smoothie because it keeps him full for longer and is usually made up of a banana, peanut butter, almond milk, flax seeds, and a vanilla protein powder.
His diet mainly consists of plant-based foods and fish for protein and on the weekends, he goes for full-fat milk and a lot of butter and cheese and meat.
Antoni Porowski Favorite Things
- TV Cook – Gabrielle Hamilton
- Restaurants In London – Blakes Hotel
Source – Foodism
Antoni Porowski Facts
- He and his family relocated to Glade Springs, West Virginia, U.S. when he was 12 years old.
- Antoni is fluent in Polish, English, and French.
- He had to live between the U.S. and Canada during his high school years.
- He used to work as a busboy at a family-run Polish restaurant and then in food service to pay his rent.
- Later, he rose up in the restaurant industry and started working as a waiter and sommelier, soon, becoming the manager of BondSt sushi restaurant.
- He lives in the same neighborhood as Ted Allen, the original Queer Eye‘s food and wine expert. They became friends and he has also worked as a personal chef for Ted Allen.
- Antoni and his partner, Joey Krietemeyer, do vintage furniture business.
- He signed an agreement with Houghton Mifflin Harcourt for his first cookbook in April 2018, which was released in 2019.
- He has a pet dog named Harvey.
- Visit his official website @ antoniporowski.com.
- Follow him on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Antoni Porowski / Instagram