|Sasha Farber Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||May 9, 1983|
Sasha Farber is a Russian professional dancer, choreographer, and actor who has gained acclaim by appearing as a pro and troupe member on the ABC dance competition series Dancing with the Stars. On the show, he has partnered with celebrities like Kim Fields, Terra Jolé, Snooki, Simone Biles, Ally Brooke, Tonya Harding, Justina Machado, and Mary Lou Retton.
Moscow, Russian Soviet Federative Socialist Republic, USSR
Los Angeles, California, United States
Sasha attended Moriah College in Sydney. (via Facebook)
Farber learned ballroom dancing at the Sydney studio run by a fellow Russian immigrant, Marta Kan.
Professional Dancer, Choreographer, Actor
- Father – Michael Farber
- Siblings – Svetlana Shapshal (Sister)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
69 kg or 152 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Sasha Farber has dated –
- Sharna Burgess (2009-2011) – For over 2 years, Sasha and choreographer and his Dancing with the Stars co-star Sharna Burgess dated each other, which was confirmed in an interview.
- Nikki Webster (2005-2009) – He started dating Australian singer Nikki Webster in 2005 and the duo went out for a few years before parting ways in 2009.
- Emma Slater (2012–2014; 2015-2022) – Sasha Farber first met English professional dancer Emma Slater in 2008 while working in the Broadway show, Burn the Floor. They started dating 4 years later and soon started to live together. However, in 2014, Emma revealed in an Instagram post that they had decided to separate. Despite the breakup, they continued to live together and attributed it to their close friendship. While living together, it didn’t take them long to discover that they still had a romantic spark and got back together in 2015, which she confirmed in December in a social media post. Farber proposed to Emma during the broadcast of Dancing with the Stars on October 4, 2016, and they got engaged. In March 2018, the couple got married. In August 2022, it was revealed that Emma and Sasha had separated after being married for almost 4 years. In February 2023, it was revealed that they had filed for divorce.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Belarusian descent (Belarus was a part of Russia until 1991).
Well built lean body
Best Known For
Working as a troupe member and pro on the dance reality show, Dancing with the Stars
First TV Show
His first TV appearance came in the second season of Dancing with the Stars in 2005.
Sasha Farber keeps his body toned and in perfect shape by honing his art in his free time. When it comes to diet, he doesn’t follow a specific diet plan and prefers to go for a balanced diet.
Sasha Farber Facts
- After the Chernobyl nuclear disaster, his family shifted to Australia.
- At 13, Sasha Farber started dancing and by the age of 17, he had won the Australian Youth Latin Championship two times and had participated as an Australian participant in World Latin Championship.
- Farber took part in the closing ceremony of the 2000 Sydney Olympic Games.
- He made his first appearance in Dancing with the Stars as a dancing troupe in 2005.
- He was made a pro dancer in the 2013 season after his fellow dancer Tristan MacManus started an online petition to help him get promoted.
- In December 2020, Sasha became a U.S. citizen along with Emma Slater.
- In July 2021, Sasha and gymnast Simone Biles teamed up for a new floor routine for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics (held in 2021 due to COVID-19).
- For season 30 of Dancing with the Stars in September 2021, Sasha was partnered with Sunisa Lee.