Sharna May Burgess
Wagga Wagga, New South Wales, Australia
When Sharna was 5, she started getting trained in gymnastics, ballet and, jazz.
At the age of 8, she began her study of the ballroom, winning many titles on the local and national level.
Professional dancer / choreographer
- Father – Ray Burgess
- Mother – Lucy Burgess
- Siblings – Unknown
She is managed by Mona Loring (MLC PR).
5 ft 4¼ in or 163 cm
52 kg or 115 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sharna Burgess dated –
- Paul Kirkland (2010-2015) – Sharna was in a relationship with English choreographer and dancer Paul Kirkland from 2010 to 2015.
Race / Ethnicity
- Her willpower
- Tattoo on her left foot
- Blue eyes
33-24-34 in or 84-61-86 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
7.5 (US) or 38 (EU)
Sharna has not endorsed any of the major brands.
Best Known For
Sharna is known for being a professional dancer and troupe member at ABC series Dancing With The Stars.
First TV Show
She made her television debut with the Australian version of Dancing with the Stars in 2011.
Talking about her fitness routine in an interview, she said that she often does not get time for gymming during the dance season and so, she takes hot yoga classes for calming and stretching.
The dancer never skips breakfast and it keeps her going. Talking to Girl Power, Sharna said she has given up completely on pasteurized dairy, whole grains, wheat, soy, processed foods and refined sugar. She believes in staying hydrated and drinks 3 liters of water daily. Sleep and water are her ideal mantras for healthy living.
Sharna Burgess Favorite Things
- Role Models – Gene Kelly, Cyd Charisse, Jessica Alba
- Snack – Cheese, Salami
- Music Genre – Soul and R&B
- TV Show – How to Get Away with Murder
- Lingerie – Agent Provocateur
- Actors – Hugh Jackman, Josh Hartnett, Channing Tatum, Chris Hemsworth
Source – SharnaBurgess.com, Maxim
Sharna Burgess Facts
- She is into different sports and dance styles since childhood.
- She represented Australia at the standard and Latin styles at the World Championships when she was only 15 years old.
- Sharna was a performer at the closing ceremony of the Sydney Olympic Games in 2000.
- The professional dancer shifted base to London when she was 18.
- Choreographer Jason Gilkison gave Sharna a break with his hit dance touring show Burn The Floor in 2006. The show sold over four million tickets in more than 30 countries and 160 cities globally and became a huge hit.
- Burgess knows disco, club / freestyle, hip hop, jazz, and swing styles of dance.
- She shares a close friendship with her Dancing With The Stars co-star Peta Murgatroyd for more than a decade.
- You can also know more about her on her official website @ sharnaburgess.com.
- You can follow her on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.