|James Hinchcliffe Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||December 5, 1986|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
James Hinchcliffe is a Canadian race car driver and commentator who is best known for his career as a competitor in the IndyCar Series. He has won several tournaments for teams like Andretti Autosport and Schmidt Peterson Motorsports. During the course of his career, James has been a part of several tournaments such as IZOD IndyCar World Championship, Indianapolis 500, São Paulo Indy 300, Grand Prix of Indianapolis, A1 Grand Prix, Genesys 600, Firestone 600, and many more. He participated in the 23rd season of Dancing with the Stars in 2016 and secured the second place.
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
After graduating from high school, he went on to attend McMaster University in Hamilton, Ontario. However, it is not clear that whether he completed his university studies as two years after admission, he was offered a full-time job with Forsythe Racing.
James started his open-wheel racing education at the Bridgestone Racing Academy in 2003.
Professional racing car driver
- Father – Jeremy Hinchcliffe (Business Manager and Former Amateur Racer)
- Mother – Arlene Hinchcliffe
- Siblings – Rebecca Hinchcliffe
James Hinchcliffe is represented by his father Jeremy Hinchcliffe.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm (Approx)
71 kg or 156.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
James Hinchcliffe has dated –
- Kirsten Dee (2012-2014) – James Hinchcliffe started going out with Australian beauty queen and swimsuit model, Kirsten Dee in 2012. Kristen was a regular presence alongside James’ family at a number of professional races to cheer her beau. They ended their relationship in 2014 due to busy schedules that made it difficult to spend time together.
- Rebecca Dalton (2014-Present) – James met Canadian actress Rebecca Dalton in 2014. They are in a live-in relationship and have a cute cockapoo (a female dog named Lou), for whom they have even created a dedicated Instagram account.
Race / Ethnicity
James Hinchcliffe has been signed up by domain registrar giant GoDaddy since his early days as a professional racer.
He has also appeared in a number of TV commercials for the automobile giant, Honda.
Best Known For
- Being an accomplished IndyCar series racing driver.
- Finishing runner-up in season 23 of the Dancing with the Stars.
First TV Show
Apart from the broadcast of racing competitions, he made his first TV show appearance in the talk show The Hour in 2013 as himself in episode #9.134.
James Hinchcliffe has been working with Jim Leo since he was a 17-year-old driver. After his near fatal accident in 2015, Leo designed a workout to slowly rebuild his muscle mass and cardio endurance along with sharpening his reflexes. They started off with Airdyne bike before moving on to the treadmill.
After hitting the target of 10,000 steps per day, Leo got him doing core exercises. The next phase in his recovery was full body workout with increasing intensity as his fitness and endurance started improving. He placed special emphasis on kettlebell exercises to make workouts fun as well.
James Hinchcliffe Favorite Things
- Racing Track in US – Road America at Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin
- Favorite Microbrewery – Flat 12
Source – USA Today, Toronto Life
James Hinchcliffe Facts
- Collecting lighters is his childhood hobby. He has collected more than 80 lighters and his favorite one is that was manufactured during World War 2.
- As part of his family tradition, he was given a gold coin with British King George V engraved on, as a birthday present on his 18th birthday. He has put it on a necklace.
- James owns a cool ’64 Fender Strat Sunburst (guitar), which he was given as a prize for winning a title in 2011.
- He has a steering wheel from Greg Moore’s first race car, which he used before becoming a legend on CART circuit. Moore was his role model while growing up.
- James has a beer in his own name, which is a lager with Canadian Hops named Hinchtown Hammer Down. It is made by Flat 12 brewery in Indianapolis.
- On March 19, 2015, he was involved in a near-fatal accident during a practice session before Indianapolis 500 race. Due to the concussion, he forgot much of the crash.
- In December 2015, he started a fundraiser in association with Methodist Health Foundation to raise money for the treatment of the trauma patients who can’t afford it.
- Hinchcliffe was one of the celebrity contestants during the 23rd season of Dancing with the Stars. He managed to finish second in the competition.
- In October 2014, he signed up with Schmidt Peterson Motorsports to drive car number 5 from the 2015 season.