Jesse Eden Metcalfe
Carmel Valley Village, California, United States
Jesse lives in a ranch-style house in the West Hollywood neighborhood of Los Angeles.
Jesse Metcalfe went to The Williams School in New London, Connecticut. After graduating from the university, he got enrolled at the Tisch School of the Arts at New York University.
However, he didn’t complete his studies at the Tisch School as he dropped out after he won the role of Miguel Lopez-Fitzgerald in the TV show, Passions.
- Father – Scott Metcalfe
- Mother – Nancy Metcalfe
- Others – Robert Joseph “Bobby” Metcalfe (Paternal Grandfather), Gennaro “Gene” DeMaio (Maternal Grandfather), Elinor Marlene Souza (Maternal Grandmother)
Jesse Metcalfe is represented by
- Independent Talent Group Ltd.
- Untitled Management
- The Gersh Agency
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
84 kg or 185 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jesse Metcalfe has dated
- Taylor Anne Mountz (2000-2002) – According to the reports, Metcalfe started going out with Taylor Anne Mountz in the second half of 2000. They had grown close while shooting for the American soap opera, Passions. They dated for about one and a half years and decided to go separate ways in 2002. In his later interview, he hinted that he might have started going out while still in a relationship with Taylor.
- Colleen Shannon (2002-2004) – Jesse started going out with lingerie and Playboy model Colleen Shannon. It has been reported that he started making moves on Shannon while still together with Taylor Anne Mountz. Jesse and Colleen were together for little under 2 years.
- Stefani Morgan (2004-2005) – According to US tabloids, Jesse hooked up with p*rnographic actress Stefani Morgan in mid-2004. They dated for around a year and a half and split bin 2005.
- Courtney Robertson (2005-2007) – Jesse first met model Courtney Robertson in 2004. He saw her in Los Angeles while cruising around in his black Escalade. Upon spotting her, he slammed brakes of his car and jumped out to get her number. In her autobiography, she claimed that he nearly begged for her number. They made many public appearances as a couple with their 2005 Emmy Awards appearance being high profile one just at the start of their relationship. However, while dating, she felt that she couldn’t completely trust him. And, her suspicions turned out to be true, after she found another woman’s pink lace panties in his bed while staying over.
- Nadine Coyle (2006-2007) – Metcalfe met Irish singer and songwriter Nadine Coyle in Australia, where her music group Girls Aloud were on a promotional tour. They officially started going out in February 2006. About a year after the start of their relationship, Jesse had to check into rehab to take care of his alcoholism. She stood by him but dumped him a month later amidst rumors that he had been sleeping around behind her back. He eventually managed to win her back and she shifted base to Los Angeles to spend more time with him. However, things got rocky once again after he had to check into rehab again in May 2007.
- Olga Kononova (2007) – Jesse was rumored to be going out with model Olga Kononova in August 2007. The cause of these rumors was them being spotted strolling along the beach in the Bahamas by the paparazzi.
- Shriya Saran (2008) – Jesse was rumored to be dating Bollywood actress Shriya Saran in 2008. They had reportedly grown close while working in the romantic comedy, The Other End of the Line. The movie had both of them in the leading roles.
- Cara Santana (2009-Present) – Jesse started going out with fashion blogger Cara Santana in 2009. However, after dating for about two years, they decided to go on a break in 2011. However, they managed to patch things up and get back together. In 2014, he was forced to deny rumors that they had got engaged. He eventually proposed to her in August 2016 on a 50 feet sailboat while sailing across the Hudson River in New York City.
Race / Ethnicity
On his father’s side, he has Irish, English, Italian, and French ancestry. Whereas, on his mother’s side, he is of Portuguese and Italian descent.
- Green eyes
- Dashing good looks
His body specifications may be –
- Chest – 45 in or 114 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 16 in or 41 cm
- Waist – 35 in or 89 cm
Jesse Metcalfe has appeared in a TV commercial for the Rooster Potatoes from Albert Bartlett brand.
In February 2016, he made a video in partnership with McDonald’s to promote their breakfast range.
He discovered God and the higher power during his time in Alcoholics Anonymous program. And, his new found connection with God helped him overcome difficulties in his life and become sober. His bond with God has only strengthened over the years.
Best Known For
- Being cast in the supporting role of John Rowland in the comedy-drama TV series, Desperate Housewives.
- Having played the lead role of basketball star John Tucker in the teen romantic comedy movie, John Tucker Must Die.
In 2006, Jesse made his film debut in the lead role in the romantic comedy movie, John Tucker Must Die.
First TV Show
From 1999 to 2004, he appeared on the NBC soap opera, Passions as Miguel Lopez-Fitzgerald.
To prepare for his role of US Marshall in the NBC show, Chase, Jesse started working religiously in the gym. He was working out for 5 to 6 days a week with three workout sessions focused solely on lifting heavy. These heavy liftings are split workouts with chest paired with triceps, back with biceps, and shoulder with legs.
However, his preparation didn’t end merely with gym workouts. He also took MMA training from Freddie Poole at his academy in Dallas. Freddie especially focused on training him in jiu-jitsu and together, they did a lot of striking training. He was going for MMA training in the morning and it helped him pack some serious muscle mass.
Later, he made changes to his workout and focused on improving his functional strength and conditioning. He is a big fan of multiple joint complex exercises that work multiple body parts at the same time. Squats, deadlifts, and various presses are a good example of such exercises.
Jesse Metcalfe Facts
- He has worked with North Texas Food Bank, which is a Dallas based non-profit hunger relief organization that distributes purchased, donated, and prepared food to hungry and needy.
- In March 2007, he decided to check himself into alcohol rehab after going on a three-day party blender. He later revealed that the look in his mother’s eyes that he saw upon returning home made him realize that he had gone too far.
- While studying in college, he used to work as a print model.
- He often participates in basketball games as a member of Hollywood Knights, which is a group of music, TV, and movie professionals that play to raise funds for the high schools.
- He is a big art enthusiast and loves collecting artworks.
- In his free time, he likes to play the piano, strum on his guitar, and sing.
- In November 2008, he had an accident as he fell off the second story’s balcony at the World Music Awards after-party. As a result of fall, he fractured his fibula.
- While growing up, he was an avid basketball player and in his teen years, he played in several basketball leagues in Waterford, Connecticut.
Featured Image by Walterlan Papetti / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0