|Bruce Willis Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||March 19, 1955|
Bruce Willis is an American actor, film producer, and singer. To produce films, he started a company called “Cheyenne Enterprises” in 2000 with business partner Arnold Rifkin. But, left it in 2007. He also has space in Trump Towers which he gives on rent to various people. He gives credit to actors Gary Cooper, Robert De Niro, Steve McQueen and John Wayne for improving his acting skills.
Walter Bruce Willis
Bruno, Buck-Buck (Got this name during school time)
Idar-Oberstein, Rhineland-Palatinate, West Germany
- Los Angeles, California, U.S
- Hailey, Idaho, U.S.
Bruce went to Penns Grove High School in New Jersey, where he struggled with a stutter. Later, he took interest in high school drama activities and became student a council president. He graduated from there in 1973.
He then got enrolled in the drama program at Montclair State College, where he participated in the class production of Cat on a Hot Tin Roof. In 1977, in junior year, Bruce left school and relocated to New York.
Actor, Singer, Producer
- Father – David Andrew Willis (American Soldier)
- Mother – Marlene
- Siblings – Florence Willis (Younger Sister), David Willis (Younger Brother), Robert Willis (Younger Brother)
- Others – Edgar George Willis (Paternal Grandfather), Martha Florence Tingle (Paternal Grandmother)
He is represented by –
- Michael Kives, Avi Wasserman, Joel Lubin, and Peter Hess, Talent Agents, Creative Artists Agency (CAA), Los Angeles, California, U.S.
- Peter Hess, Talent Agent Commercial, Creative Artists Agency (CAA), Los Angeles, California, U.S.
- Joe Mann, Talent Agent Literary, Creative Artists Agency (CAA), Los Angeles, California, U.S.
- Paul Bloch and Samantha Mast, Publicists, Rogers & Cowan, Los Angeles, California, U.S.
- Ben Rubinfeld, Legal Representative, Ziffren Brittenham, Los Angeles, California, U.S.
6 ft or 183 cm
84 kg or 185 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Bruce Willis has dated –
- Demi Moore (1987-1998) – Willis met actress, producer, and director Demi Moore at Emilio Estevez‘s film Stakeout (1987) screening in mid-1987 and soon started dating (Although she was dating Estevez at that time). After dating for 4 months, the couple got married at the Golden Nugget Hotel in Las Vegas on November 21, 1987. The couple has 3 children together, daughters Rumer Willis (b. August 16, 1988), Scout Willis (b. July 20, 1991), and Tallulah Willis (b. February 3, 1994). They split in June 1998 but filed for divorce in 2000.
- Estella Warren (2002) – Willis was rumored to be dating Canadian actress and model, Estella Warren. It was reported that the couple spent time together in the Caribbean islands over the New Year.
- Janice Dickinson – Bruce was rumored to be dating model, photographer, author, and talent agent, Janice Dickinson in the past.
- Maria Bravo (1999-2001) – Willis started dating actress-producer Maria Bravo in 1999. They separated in 2001 after dating for about 2 years.
- Alisha Klass (2000-2001) – According to reports, Bruce and p*rnstar Alisha dated for a couple of months.
- Rachel Hunter (2001-2002) – New Zealand model, actress, Rachel Hunter and Bruce were rumored to be dating from December 2001 to May 2002.
- Nadia Bjorlin (2002) – Willis had a fling with the actress-singer, Nadia Bjorlin in 2002.
- Brooke Burns (2003-2004) – Bruce had a long-distance relationship with actress-singer Brooke Burns. They got engaged after dating for 10 months and due to the difficulties in maintaining a long-distance relationship, the couple got separated in 2004.
- Emily Sandberg (2002) – Actress Emily Sandberg and Bruce were romantically linked in 2002.
- Kim Cattrall (2003) – Bruce and actress Kim Cattrall were rumored to be dating in 2003.
- Lindsay Lohan (2005) – In 2005, actress Lindsay Lohan and Willis were in an intimate relationship.
- Aida Yespica (2005) – Willis also had a fling with Venezuelan showgirl, Aida Yespica in 2015. The couple was seen and photographed together a few times.
- Karen McDougal (2007) – In 2007, former Playboy Playmate Karen McDougal and Bruce were dating and were seen together at the exclusive “Cala Di Volpe” hotel having lunch with friends. It was reported that the tough actor actually enjoyed the company of McDougal.
- Emma Heming (2009-Present) – Bruce married actress-model Emma Heming in March 2009 in Turks and Caicos. The couple has 2 children together, daughters Mabel Ray Willis (b. April 1, 2012) and Evelyn Penn Willis (b. May 5, 2014).
Race / Ethnicity
Willis has German ancestry on his mother’s side while he is of English, Dutch, French, Welsh, and Irish descent on his father’s side.
Dark Brown (Natural)
He is bald.
- Green eyes
- Groggy Voice
Bruce has appeared in these TV commercials –
- First series of Levi’s 501 Blues commercials (1986)
- Seagram’s 7 Golden Wine Cooler (with Sharon Stone) (1996)
- “Subaru Legacy” (Japan) (1992-1994)
- VISA credit cards (2001)
- Eneos Service Stations (Japan)
- NTT DoCoMo Mova (Japan) (1991)
- Subaru Legacy Outback (Japan) (2005)
- Sky Broadband with Jessica Ransom (2013)
- Sobieski Vodka (Poland) (2010)
- Honda – Super Bowl 2014 (February 2013)
He also appeared in a print ad for Police sunglasses from 1999 to 2000.
In 2020, Bruce appeared in the Advance Auto Parts commercial as his iconic character from the Die Hard series John McClane.
Willis was Lutheran (precisely Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod).
Later, he stated in an interview given to the George magazine in July 1998 that
“There are people who interpret the Bible literally. Literally! I choose not to believe that’s the way.”
Best Known For
- Portraying his role in the Die Hard film series (1988–2013) as John McClane
- Playing the role of Butch Coolidge with Samuel L. Jackson in 1994 crime film Pulp Fiction
- His role in crime thriller film Sin City (2005) and action comedy film Red (2010)
Bruce released his first studio solo album The Return of Bruno in 1987 by Motown Records. The album contained 10 songs.
Willis made his theatrical film debut in a thriller film The First Deadly Sin in 1980. His role was uncredited.
Bruce made his first credited theatrical film appearance in a romantic comedy film Blind Date in 1987.
First TV Show
Bruce made his first TV show appearance as Tony Amato in crime drama series Miami Vice in 1984.
To prepare for his role as John Mcclane in the Die Hard series, he took his training from celebrity trainer Gunnar Peterson. Peterson is an expert on peripheral heart training. The die-hard actor did the following exercises –
- Split Squat – 2-4 sets of 8-15 reps
- Uneven-Grip Pull-Up – 2-4 sets of 8-15 reps
- Medicine Ball Rotation – Perform for 1 min
- Dumbbell Lunges – 2-4 sets of 10-15 reps
- T Press-Up – 2-4 sets of 8-15 reps
- One-Leg Deadlift With Med Ball Slam – 2-4 sets of 10-15 reps
- Cardio Interval – Perform for 1 min
Bruce Willis generally does his workout in Beverly Hills luxury gym owned by his personal trainer Gunnar Peterson along with various famous celebrities like Kim Kardashian, Jennifer Lopez, Angelina Jolie, and many others.
In general, he doesn’t really like working out. In fact, he hates it. He only does workout for films.
Bruce Willis Facts
- Willis owns a band known as “Bruce Willis & The Accelerators” (formerly “The Blue Devils”).
- While growing up, Bruce worked as a security guard at the Salem Nuclear Power Plant.
- He is a spokesperson for Children in Foster Care.
- In 2010, Bruce made an appearance on Gorillaz’s music video ‘Stylo’.
- He had to work in a chemical factory before going to school.
- When he was 17, he had surgery for his broken arm and his scar can still be seen on his right shoulder.
- In May 1987, Bruce was arrested after reportedly assaulting a police officer who was called by his neighbors to quiet a loud party that was going on at his home. Later, he apologized and his charges were dropped.
- In 2005, Robert Willis, his younger brother died of pancreatic cancer at age 42.
- He was invited to his ex-wife’s wedding (Demi Moore) to Ashton Kutcher.
- In July 2002, Willis was given the post of national spokesman for Children in Foster Care by President George W. Bush.
- In 1991, Bruce co-founded a restaurant company Planet Hollywood with Demi Moore, Sylvester Stallone, and Arnold Schwarzenegger.
- He is left-handed.
- Willis is a good friend of Don Johnson, Julia Roberts, and Sylvester Stallone.
- Nicki Minaj‘s song “Your Love” mentions his name.
- In 1987, his debut album The Return of Bruno sold more than a million copies in the UK.
- In February 2013, the Commander of the Order of Arts and Letters award was given to him, which is the highest French culture award, in Paris, France.
- Willis was arrested at the age of 19 for possessing 2 joints which he revealed in 1996 to Playboy magazine.
- Willis publicly supported the Iraq war. He also visited the troops in 2003 and offered $1 million of his own money for the man who would capture Saddam Hussein.
- He is a big follower of the NFL team, the New York Jets.
- Bruce and his ex-wife Demi Moore were condemned for buying businesses in the town and not maintaining properly in the past.
- In the early 1980s, Willis and actress Linda Fiorentino worked as bartenders at the Kamikaze Club in New York City.
- Bruce wears his watch upside down with the face on the inside of his hand. This can be seen in many movies he has done such as Die Hard with a Vengeance (1995), Mercury Rising (1998), etc.
- In February 2002, Harvard University’s Hasty Pudding Theatricals named him Man of the Year.
- Willis doesn’t have any social media presence.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0