|Karen McDougal Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||March 23, 1971|
Karen McDougal is an American model and actress known for her successful modeling career. She appeared as the “Playmate of the Month” in December 1997 and “Playmate of the Year” in 1998, for the famous magazine, Playboy. She is also a fitness and swimwear model. Karen is the first woman to get featured on the cover of Men’s Fitness magazine in 1999. She has a huge social media fan base with more than 30k followers on Instagram and more than 200k followers on Facebook.
Merrillville, Indiana, United States
She divides her time between her two residences in Los Angeles and Arizona in the United States.
Karen went to River Valley High School where she was a cheerleader, band member, color guard, volleyball and softball player. She graduated from high school in 1989.
Then she graduated with a major in Elementary Education from Ferris State University in Big Rapids, Michigan.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Carol
- Siblings – Bob (Brother), Dave (Brother), Jeff (Brother), Tina (Sister)
Karen McDougal is represented by DanMan Entertainment Management.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
57 kg or 125.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Karen McDougal has dated –
- R.J. Williams – R.J. Williams is an American actor who has dated Karen McDougal in the past. They hooked up for a while before parting ways.
- Donald Trump (2006-2007) – Karen reportedly dated businessman and politician Donald Trump from 2006 to 2007. The news of her alleged affair with him sparked various controversies during the 2016 United States presidential election.
- Bruce Willis (2007) – Karen dated actor Bruce Willis for a short period in 2007. Their relationship dissolved within a few months.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Cherokee Indian, Scottish, and Irish ancestry.
- Blue eyes
- Straddle split
Karen has appeared in the print ads for the following brands –
- Patrón Tequila (1999-2000)
- Corona Beer (2003)
She has also appeared in a television commercial for XFL football league.
Best Known For
- Appearing in Playboy magazine as “Playmate of the Month” in December 1997 and “Playmate of the Year” in 1998
- Being voted as the runner-up of “The Sexiest Playmate of the 1990s” by the readers of Playboy in 2001
- Being the first woman to appear on the cover of Men’s Fitness magazine in March 1999
In 2000, she made her theatrical film debut in Charlie’s Angels. However, her role in the movie was uncredited.
She made her credited theatrical film debut in Grind in 2003.
First TV Show
Karen made her TV show debut in 1998, in an episode of the TV series The Magic Hour.
Karen is a fitness enthusiast and follows a particular workout plan and focuses on having a clean diet. She hits the gym 5 to 6 days a week and her major focus is on strength training which she combines with some sessions of cardio exercises.
Karen McDougal Favorite Things
- Donut – Dunkin’ Donuts chocolate-glazed donut
Source – Muscle & Fitness
Karen McDougal Facts
- She was a pre-kindergarten teacher before she began her career as a model.
- Karen was a ballet dancer, tap dancer, and sports fanatic in school.
- Because of her loving personality in school, she gained the nickname ‘Barbie’.
- Karen was a Michigan state champion clarinet player for 4 years in a row in high school.
- Her mother remarried when Karen was only 9 years old.
- She started her modeling career as a promotional model at a Harley-Davidson bike show in Detroit.
- She won a local Venus Swimwear swimsuit competition in 1997, in Michigan, where she caught the eye of Playboy photographer David Mecey and was eventually approached by Playboy.
- After becoming “Playmate of the Year” in 1998, she was awarded $100,000 and a special edition silver Shelby Series 1 convertible with a customized Michigan license plate ‘PMOY 98’.
- It has been said that a friend of McDougal passed some handwritten memoirs to The New Yorker‘s Ronan Farrow, who wrote about her affair with Donald Trump and how American Media, Inc. (AMI) bought the story. The memoirs revealed that Karen even met Trump’s family members during their affair and she eventually ended it in April 2007 due to guilt and being offended by some of Trump’s comments.
- Karen went through a breast augmentation procedure in order to enhance her beauty but she later had her implants removed after experiencing health issues like vision loss, black-outs, and severe migraines for around a year.
- Her professional goal is to open a learning center for children.
- Initially, her family didn’t support her career as a model but later on, her mother appeared in an interview segment of her ‘Playmate of the Year Video Centerfold’ to show her support.
- Although Karen is a swimwear model, she has aquaphobia which limits her ability as a swimmer.
- She thinks that her “funny” smile, “crooked” pinkies, and “ugly” feet are her physical imperfections.
- Karen loves to collect motorcycles and cars.
- She has two cats named Brittany and Brandy, and a dog named Shihtzu.
- Karen’s family has a history of breast cancer and she is an advocate of breast cancer awareness.
- Follow her on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
Featured Image by Toglenn / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0