|Meghan Trainor Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4½ in|
|Date of Birth||December 22, 1993|
Meghan Trainor is an American singer, songwriter, talent show judge, music producer, and voiceover artist who rose to prominence with the release of her debut single, All About That Bass, which reached number #1 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 chart and sold more than 11 million copies worldwide and was intended to promote positive body image and self-acceptance. She has since released albums, EPs, and tracks like Treat Myself, Thank You, Title, A Very Trainor Christmas, I’ll Sing with You, The Love Train, Dear Future Husband, Like I’m Gonna Lose You (ft. John Legend), Me Too, Just Got Paid (with Sigala and Ella Eyre ft. French Montana), Nice to Meet Ya (ft. Nicki Minaj), White Christmas (ft. Seth MacFarlane), Last Christmas, and I Believe in Santa. Moreover, in 2016, Meghan Trainor won the Grammy Award for “Best New Artist” and her album named Title received the 2016 People’s Choice Award for “Favorite Album”. Either through her music or otherwise, she has used her voice to support issues like womanhood, body image, and personal empowerment.
Meghan Elizabeth Trainor
Nantucket, Massachusetts, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Meghan went to Nauset Regional High School in nearby North Eastham. During her time in high school, Meghan also went to Boston’s Berklee College of Music to attend their summer programs.
Singer, Songwriter, Music Producer, Voiceover Artist, Talent Show Judge
- Father – Gary Trainor (Jeweler)
- Mother – Kelly Anne “Kelli” (Jekanowski) (Jeweler)
- Siblings – Ryan (Older Brother), Justin (Younger Brother)
- Others – Tori (Cousin), Bob LaPalm (Great-Uncle) (Was in a band), Lisa Toney (Aunt) (Soca Music Performer and Songwriter), Burton Toney (Uncle) (Soca Music Performer and Songwriter), Jeanne Marie LaPalm (Maternal Grandmother), Thomas Ramon Jekanowski, Jr. (Maternal Grandfather)
Meghan Trainor has been managed by –
- Atom Factory in Los Angeles, California, United States
- Full Stop Management, LLC, Music Artist Management Company, Los Angeles, California, United States
Pop, music, rock, pop/rock, dance, teen pop, blue-eyed soul, reggae, soca, R&B
Vocals, Bass, Piano, Ukulele, Guitar, Keyboard, Trumpet, Percussion
Epic Records (Division of Sony Music Entertainment), Honest OG
5 ft 4½ in or 164 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Meghan Trainor has dated –
- Charlie Puth – The two singers Charlie and Meghan were romantically linked to each other in the past.
- Daryl Sabara (2016-Present) – Actor Daryl Sabara and Meghan started dating in October 2016. They got engaged in December 2017 after Daryl proposed to Meghan on her 24th birthday. On Meghan’s 25th birthday (on December 22, 2018), Daryl and Meghan got married. In October 2020, it was revealed that Meghan was pregnant with the couple’s first child. The couple welcomed their first child, a baby boy named Riley on February 8, 2021. In May 2021, during an interview with Today, she revealed that Riley had a breathing problem when he was born and had to be kept in the neonatal intensive care unit and had to have a feeding tube.
Note – She had a boyfriend in the past, who dumped her. She was on a trip and then returned back to see that he was dating someone else.
Race / Ethnicity
She has French-Canadian, Polish, and Irish ancestry with distant English and Guernsey roots.
39-29-39 in or 99-74-99 cm
8 (US) or 40 (EU) or 12 (UK)
9 (US) or 6.5 (UK) or 39.5 (EU)
Best Known For
Her debut single “All About That Bass” released in 2014. It reached #1 on US Billboard Hot 100 and remained on top for eight consecutive weeks.
She released her debut album titled “I’ll Sing with You” on February 4, 2011, independently.
She then released her next album “Only 17” on September 14, 2011, independently.
Both of these albums didn’t chart anywhere.
As a voiceover artist, she made her theatrical film debut by providing vocals to the character of Smurfmelody, a musical girl Smurf, in the 2017 computer-animated fantasy comedy film, Smurfs: The Lost Village.
Right now, Meghan doesn’t work out or take care of her diet. She eats whatever she wants. When she was interviewed, she said, she had pizza last night and would be having Chinese food later on that particular day.
She doesn’t want to be a stick-like silicone Barbie doll. In her song “All About That Bass,” she gives the same message to young ladies.
Meghan Trainor Favorite Things
- Music / Sound – Soca
Source – DigitalSpy.co.uk
Meghan Trainor Facts
- She is writing songs since the age of 11.
- She started singing at the age of 6.
- All Soca Music from Trinidad, Beverly Ross, Billy Joel, Christina Aguilera, Frank Sinatra, Paul Simon, Stevie Wonder, Michael Buble, and All 50’s music had influenced her music career.
- She first started a band with her cousin Tori. But, it failed. Then, she formed another band with her musician family members (mom, dad, uncle, aunt, and her younger brother). The band used to perform at local bars playing Soca-inspired music.
- She received her own computer at the age of 13, which helped her to compose her own songs.
- She grew up in Hyannis and Nantucket in Massachusetts.
- She wants to be the first American girl to bring Soca (a type of music) to the mainstream.
- She had never danced before the “All About That Bass” music video, except in her bedroom to Beyonce.
- Her fans are called “Megatrons.”
- Meghan Trainor collaborated with Clinique in early 2015 to make a limited-edition makeup bag, which consisted of nine of her favorite lipsticks.
- She is an animal lover.
- She voiced the character of The Fairy Godmother in the 2019 English-language French computer-animated musical adventure comedy film, Playmobil: The Movie.
- In December 2020, Meghan released a Christmas song ‘I Believe In Santa’ which featured JoJo Siwa.
- Meghan was diagnosed with panic disorder in the past. She had her first panic attack in December 2016 while announcing the 2017 Grammy nominees. However, with time, she has treated her panic disorder with medication and therapy.
- In November 2021, Meghan released a new song My Kind of Present which is the first song from her album A Very Trainor Christmas Deluxe Edition. The song features her husband Daryl Sabara and their son Riley.
- In December 2021, Meghan had donated JoJo Siwa’s charity called JoJo Siwa Childhood Cancer Foundation with $100,000.