|Ella Eyre Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5½ in|
|Date of Birth||April 1, 1994|
Ella Eyre is a British singer and songwriter who has released albums, extended plays, and tracks like Feline, Deeper, Quarter Life Crisis, Ella Eyre, Came Here for Love (with Sigala), Ego (ft. Ty Dolla Sign), Tell Me About It, L.O.V.(e), Don’t You Want Me, New Me, Just Got Paid (with Sigala and Meghan Trainor ft. French Montana), Together, Answerphone (with Banx & Ranx ft. Yxng Bane), If I Go, Good Times, Wired (with Sonny Fodera), and Swing Low, Sweet Chariot. Moreover, Ella Eyre is known for her collaborations with Rudimental on their UK number-one single Waiting All Night (2013) (which won the 2014 Brit Award for “British Single of the Year”) and with DJ Fresh on his single Gravity (2015).
EE, Ella’s Hair
London, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Eyre attended Millfield School in Somerset. To study musical theater, she went to the BRIT School for Performing Arts and Technology in Selhurst, Croydon.
She got a scholarship to Millfield school due to her swimming ability.
- Father – Chef
- Mother – Cake Designer
Her career has been managed by –
- James Merritt of Authority Management
- Charlie Arme of Tileyard Music
- Independent Talent Group Ltd., Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom
R&B, pop, neo-soul, EDM, Drum and Bass
Virgin EMI Records (Former), Island Records, Universal, UMG (UK)
5 ft 5½ in or 166 cm
53 kg or 117 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Ella Eyre has dated –
- Lewi Morgan (2015-2017) – In the year 2015, she started dating Rixton’s drummer, Lewi Morgan. They were clicked together at London Spring / Summer Fashion Week 2016 on September 18, 2015. However, the duo broke up after a two-year relationship in February 2017.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Afro-Jamaican, British, and Maltese ancestry.
As her hair is big and curly, she does not wash them quite often. It’s like once a week.
- Curly hair
34-24-34 in or 86-61-86 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
9 (US) or 6.5 (UK) 39.5 (EU)
Ella was announced as the face of Emporio Armani Diamonds in April 2015, replacing Beyonce.
She has appeared in the TV commercial on Downy Fabric Softener’s Rip Your Clothes On campaign.
Other partnerships (not endorsements) include brands like Sure, Bose, and ASOS.
Best Known For
Her contribution in the super hit 2013 single “Waiting All Night” by electronic music band Rudimental.
In 2015, she again contributed to the track “Gravity” by drum and bass producer, DJ Fresh.
On August 28, 2015, Ella released her debut studio album Feline via Virgin EMI records. It peaked at #4 in the UK, #35 in Belgium, and #6 in Scotland’s music charts.
The standard version of the album contains 14 tracks.
In 2015, Ella appeared in an hour-long TV movie Hacker’s Birthday Bash: 30 Years of Children’s BBC where she appeared as herself.
First TV Show
In 2014, she appeared in Sunday Brunch as herself – guest in the 117th episode of season 1.
Later, in 2015, she appeared in around half a dozen episodes of TV mini-series Radio 1’s Big Weekend Norwich 2015 where she performed and gave interviews.
She definitely works out to maintain her figure. As her hair is big, she uses scrunchies to tie them and then a hairband to keep her hair off the face. Via Twitter, in February 2014, she told her fans about the intense workout, she had.
Ella also takes good care of her diet and restricts herself hard, not to eat unhealthy stuff. But, sometimes, it becomes too difficult to resist. She posted about this on Twitter, multiple times.
Ella Eyre Favorite Things
- Song from her own Album – Home
- Album – S&M album
- Lip Color – Bobbi Brown ‘Jenna’
- Foundation (Makeup Item) Brand – MAC
Source – TimeOut, Vice, Cosmopolitan
Ella Eyre Facts
- During MOBO Awards 2014, Ella won the Best Newcomer award.
- Ella was born in London but grew up in Ealing, West London. She was raised mainly by her mom as her father lived in his home country of Jamaica. His health was too poor to travel to the United Kingdom and Ella announced his death in April 2017.
- For the track, “Think About It,” she joined hands with Wiz Khalifa and Naughty Boy.
- From a young age, Ella was encouraged to become a competitive swimmer by her mother.
- She was discovered in 2011 via vocal coach by Tileyard Music and Authority Management.
- In July 2012, she signed a deal with music publisher Warner / Chappell Music.
- She started songwriting at the age of 17.
- During her teenage years, she has worked as a waitress part-time to pay her ballet and dance fees.
- Ella cites Basement Jaxx, Etta James, Hans Zimmer, and Lauryn Hill as her musical influences.
- Her curly hair also has a dedicated Twitter account. It’s a fan-based account and even Ella was surprised to see the pictures of her curls on the account.
- When she started songwriting, she used to utter the word “motherf*cker” a lot of times, and even her song “Come Back” has this word in it. She has reduced the usage of this word now.
- Rudimental boys call her by the name “Ella’s Hair.”
- She was conceived in Jamaica. Her father’s family lives there.
- Ella doesn’t put heavy makeup on her eyes as it gives her a masculine look.
- She once ran away from her boarding school on a working Saturday with her friends to get drunk. They were caught by the local police and all were escorted back to the school.