|Lachlan Murdoch Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||September 8, 1971|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Lachlan Murdoch is a British businessperson and mass media heir who has served as the executive chairperson of Nova Entertainment, executive chairperson and CEO of Fox Corporation, and co-chairperson of News Corp. In addition to that, he is the founder of the Australian investment company Illyria Pty Ltd.
Lachlan Keith Murdoch
Wimbledon Hospital in Wimbledon, London, England, United Kingdom
Bellevue Hill, Sydney, Australia
Lachlan Murdoch studied at Aspen Country Day School in Aspen, Colorado; Trinity School in New York City; and Phillips Academy in Andover, Massachusetts. After that, he enrolled at Princeton University and graduated with a bachelor’s degree in philosophy in 1994. At the university, he studied with Béatrice Longuenesse and Alan Hajek.
Businessperson, Mass Media Heir
- Father – Rupert Murdoch (Business Magnate, Investor, Media Proprietor) (Has owned several local, national, and international publishing outlets around the world, including in the UK (The Sun and The Times), in Australia (The Daily Telegraph, Herald Sun, and The Australian), in the US (The Wall Street Journal and the New York Post), book publisher HarperCollins, and the television broadcasting channels Sky News Australia and Fox News (through the Fox Corporation))
- Mother – Anna Murdoch Mann (Journalist, Novelist)
- Siblings – Elisabeth Murdoch (Older Sister) (Media Executive, Served as a non-executive chairperson of Shine Group), James Rupert Jacob Murdoch (Younger Brother) (Businessperson, Served as the chief executive officer (CEO) of 21st Century Fox from 2015 to 2019), Prudence “Prue” Murdoch MacLeod (Older Paternal Half-Sister), Grace (Younger Paternal Half-Sister), Chloe (Younger Paternal Half-Sister)
- Others – Sir Keith Murdoch (Paternal Grandfather) (Journalist and newspaper proprietor who was the founder of the Murdoch media empire), Dame Elisabeth (née Greene) (Paternal Grandmother) (Philanthropist, Matriarch of the Murdoch family), Jakob Tõrv (anglicized Jacob Torv) (Maternal Grandfather) (Merchant Seaman), Sylvia Braida (Maternal Grandmother) (Drycleaner), Helen (Paternal Aunt) (later Mrs. Geoff Handbury), Anne (Paternal Aunt) (later Mrs. Milan Kantor), Janet (Paternal Aunt) (later Mrs. John Calvert-Jones)
According to Wikipedia, he has a net worth of $3.35 billion as of 2023.
6 ft or 183 cm
76 kg or 167.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Lachlan Murdoch has dated –
- Sarah Murdoch (née O’Hare) (1998-Present) – He started going out with British model, actor, and television presenter Sarah O’Hare in the year 1998 and they got married in 1999. The couple has been blessed with 3 children – two sons named Kalan Alexander (b. 2004) and Aidan Patrick (b. 2006) and a daughter named Aerin Elisabeth Murdoch (b. 2010).
Race / Ethnicity
Lachlan Murdoch is of Scottish, English, and Irish descent on his father’s side.
Salt and Pepper
Lachlan Murdoch Facts
- He grew up in New York City.
- His parents divorced in June 1999.
- Lachlan Murdoch was 22 years old when he was appointed general manager of Queensland Newspapers, the publisher of Brisbane’s Courier-Mail.
- He was honored with the Press & Outdoor Advertising “Media Person of the Year” award at Cannes in June 2005.
- He acquired 50% of Nova Entertainment via Illyria in November 2009 and became the chairperson.
- Lachlan Murdoch was appointed as non-executive co-chairperson of News Corp. and 21st Century Fox Inc. in March 2014.
- He was appointed as Executive Chairperson of 21st Century Fox in June 2015.
- In March 2019, Disney acquired 21st Century Fox and Lachlan Murdoch was named as the chairperson and CEO of the Fox Corporation.
- Along with his father, Lachlan Murdoch was involved in a US$2.7 billion lawsuit filed by voting machine maker Smartmatic on February 4, 2021, as the company claimed, “Fox News engaged in a conspiracy to spread disinformation about Smartmatic. They lied, and did so knowingly and intentionally.”
- On March 26, 2021, Lachlan and his father were defendants in a $1.6 billion lawsuit filed by voting machine maker Dominion Voting Systems.
Featured Image by Eva Rinaldi / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0 DEED