|Elva Hsiao Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3¾ in|
|Date of Birth||August 24, 1979|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Elva Hsiao is a Taiwanese singer, songwriter, dancer, actress, and businesswoman who has established herself as a prominent figure within the Chinese pop music industry. She has released many albums which include Red Rose, Tomorrow, In Love With Love, Shut Up and Kiss Me, Miss Elva, and Theme Song of Love, Kissing. Moreover, she won the 2001 World Music Award for “Best Selling Chinese Artist”.
Zhongli, Taoyuan, Taiwan
Elva Hsiao attended John Casablancas Institute located in Vancouver, Canada and studied design.
Singer, Songwriter, Dancer, Actress, Businesswoman
- Father – Hsiao Yao
- Mother – Yeh Hsiu-ling
Mandopop, Pop, R&B, Dance
EMI, Virgin, Warner, Gold Typhoon, Sony
5 ft 3¾ in or 162 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- R&B influenced ballads
- Petite stature
She has served as a brand ambassador for numerous brands which include the likes of Motorola, Sprite, De Beers, Avon, Pantene, and Ford.
Elva Hsiao Facts
- She was discovered via the singing competition New Talent Singing Awards affiliated with Hong Kong TV channel TVB and was then signed by EMI Virgin Records as their first artist in the year 1998.
- Before embarking on a career as a solo artist, Elva Hsiao was a member of a girl group called Phenomenon.
- She released her eponymous debut album on November 17, 1999, through Virgin Records Taiwan and it became a success selling more than 800,000 copies in Asia.
- Her 5th studio album, Theme Song of Love, Kissing, was released on November 1, 2002, and its song titled Theme Song of Love was ranked at number #9 on Hit FM Annual Top 100 Singles chart in 2002.
- Elva Hsiao’s 10th studio album, Diamond Candy, became the 7th best-selling album of the year in Taiwan after it was released on October 9, 2009.
- In 2014, she became one of Taiwan’s top-earning singers with an earning of more than US$18 million.
Featured Image by 何等幸福平面攝影工作室 / Flickr / CC BY-SA 3.0