|Rupert Murdoch Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||March 11, 1931|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
Rupert Murdoch is an Australian business magnate who has owned many local, national, and international publishing outlets around the world – including in the United Kingdom (The Sun and The Times), in Australia (The Daily Telegraph, Herald Sun, and The Australian), in the United States (The Wall Street Journal and the New York Post), book publisher HarperCollins – through his company News Corp.
Keith Rupert Murdoch
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
He bought “Rosehearty”, an 11-bedroom home on a 5-acre waterfront estate in Centre Island, New York, in 2003. He bought the Moraga Estate, an estate, vineyard, and winery in Bel Air, Los Angeles in May 2013.
In 2019, Murdoch and his new wife Jerry Hall purchased Holmwood, an 18th-century house and estate in the English village of Binfield Heath.
Rupert Murdoch studied at Geelong Grammar School and served as the co-editor of the school’s official journal The Corian and as the editor of the student journal If Revived.
He later attended Worcester College, Oxford, and studied Philosophy, Politics, and Economics. During his time in college, he was a member of the Oxford University Labour Party and managed Oxford Student Publications Limited. After graduating with a Bachelor’s degree, he also received a Mater’s degree.
- Father – Sir Keith Murdoch (1885-1952) (Journalist and newspaper proprietor who was the founder of the Murdoch media empire) (Died of cancer)
- Mother – Dame Elisabeth (née Greene) (1909-2012) (Philanthropist, Matriarch of the Murdoch family)
- Siblings – Helen (1929-2004) (Older Sister) (later Mrs, Geoff Handbury), Anne (b. 1935) (Younger Sister) (later Mrs. Milan Kantor), Janet (b. 1939) (Younger Sister) (later Mrs. John Calvert-Jones)
- Others – Rev. Patrick John Murdoch (Paternal Grandfather) (Presbyterian Minister), Anne/Annie Brown (Paternal Grandmother), Rupert Greene (Maternal Grandfather), Marie Grace de Lancey Forth (Maternal Grandmother)
Rupert Murdoch has been represented by Fox News Channel, TV Channel, Washington, D.C., United States.
According to Forbes, he had a net worth of US$21.7 billion as of March 2, 2022.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Rupert Murdoch has dated –
- Patricia Booker (1956-1967) – He got married to Patricia Booker in 1956. Their only child together, a daughter named Prudence “Prue” Murdoch MacLeod (formerly Odey), was born in 1958. The duo divorced in 1967.
- Anna Maria Torv (1967-1999) – In 1967, he married journalist and novelist Anna Maria Torv and they had 3 children – daughter Elisabeth Murdoch (b. August 22, 1968) and sons Lachlan Keith Murdoch (b. September 8, 1971) and James Rupert Jacob Murdoch (b. December 13, 1972). In June 1999, Anna and Rupert got divorced and she received a settlement of US$1.2 billion in assets.
- Wendi Deng (1999-2013) – He married Wendi Deng on June 25, 1999, just 17 days after divorcing his 2nd wife. Wendi and Rupert have an age gap of 37 years, Rupert being the older one. They parent 2 daughters – Grace (b. 2001) and Chloe (b. 2003). Rupert Murdoch filed for divorce in June 2013 citing irreconcilable differences.
- Jerry Hall (2015-2022) – He started dating Jerry Hall in 2015 and they married on March 4, 2016, in a ceremony at the Church of England church of St Bride’s, Fleet Street. On July 1, 2022, Jerry Hall filed for divorce citing irreconcilable differences.
- Ann Lesley Smith (2022-2023) – In September 2022, he first met journalist Ann Lesley Smith and proposed to her during Saint Patrick’s Day celebrations in 2023. In April 2023, it was revealed that the couple had broken up, just two weeks after they announced their engagement.
Race / Ethnicity
Rupert is of Scottish, English, and Irish descent.
- Receding hairline
- Wears glasses
Rupert Murdoch Facts
- He became a naturalized US citizen in 1985.
- He endorsed Donald Trump for the 2016 Presidential election.
- He has been a strong supporter of Israel and its domestic policies.
Featured Image by Hudson Institute / Flickr / CC BY 2.0