|Stefania Ferrario Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||June 14, 1993|
Stefania Ferrario is an Australian model and activist who is known for raising awareness for a number of causes including body positivity, animal cruelty, and veganism. She won the ‘PWI Most Beautiful Woman In The World’ award in 2020.
Stephanie Denise Kightley
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
She divides her time between London, Canberra, New York City, and Melbourne.
Stefania Ferrario went to the Telopea Park School.
However, as she started modeling at a young age, it is not known whether she completed her school education.
- Father – Russell Kightley
- Mother – Lilia Ferrario
- Siblings – Zoe Kightley (Younger Sister)
She has been signed up with
- Bella Models Management (Mother Agency)
- Models 1 – London
- IMG Models – New York
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
64 kg or 141 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Italian origin on her mother’s side, whereas, on her father’s side, she is of English descent.
She has identified herself as bisexual in some interviews.
Also, she has called herself sexually fluid on a number of occasions.
- Androgynous looks
- Short cropped hairdo
38-28.5-40.5 in or 96.5-72.5-103 cm
10 (US) or 42 (EU)
9 (US) or 6.5 (UK) or 39.5 (EU)
Stefania has been cast in a promotional campaign for Target.
She was also made the face of a lingerie line created by American Burlesque dancer Dita Von Teese. The lingerie line was sold by the Australian department store Myer.
In 2017, she was hired as an ambassador of the Melbourne Fashion Week. She was one of the 4 models selected for the role.
Best Known For
- Being one of the most popular plus-size Australian models.
- Her vocal and frank activism work aimed at making plus-size models a part of mainstream fashion.
Stefania Ferrario Favorite Things
- Biggest Influences – Amber Rose and Dita Von Teese
- Role Models – Erika Linder (Swedish model), Andreja Pejic (Australian transgender model)
Source – Galore Mag, Canberra Times
Stefania Ferrario Facts
- After she was made the face of Melbourne Fashion Week in 2017, Stefania became the first model of over an Australian size 10 to be selected as an ambassador for a fashion week.
- She has got both her nipples pierced.
- She got her signature look (bleached buzz cut) in 2012 after taking inspiration from Keira Knightley‘s movie.
- Stefania got her modeling breakthrough in 2013 after she was selected by British fashion consultant Gok Wan to head the modeling campaign for Target.
- Stefania Ferrario was first signed up at the age of 16 by a local modeling agency after they discovered her on social media, thanks to her immense popularity on social media.
- While growing up, she was a competitive swimmer but later got fed up with training 16 hours a week and decided to quit.
- She always wanted to become a model and in her teen years, she used to conduct her own photoshoots at her home.
- In 2017, the adult dating website Red Hot Pie declared her the Sexiest Australian of the Year.
- In 2016, Stefania Ferrario launched and heavily promoted the #droptheplus campaign through which she urged the fashion and modeling industry to drop the plus-size label, which is often used for models with dress sizes above 4 (US).
- She collaborated with fashion photographer Peter Coulson for his In My Pants book, which was a special publication that aimed to spread awareness and raise funds for cancer and the Cancer Council (Australia).
- In 2012, Stefania Ferrario decided to shave off her hair to spread awareness about alopecia, trichotillomania, and cancer. She also worked to raise funds for these causes.
- She is multilingual with English being her first language and French and Italian as her secondary languages.
- She had to struggle quite a lot at the start of her modeling career as she was too big for the conventional modeling standards.
- She has a rabbit named Bambi.
- She loves drawing and writing poems and stories in her spare time.
- Stefania Ferrario has described herself as an “animal-activist” and revealed that she has been a vegan since January 1, 2020. She has also stated that she wished she had done it sooner. Later that year, she tweeted “If you’re against animal cruelty why are you paying for it on a daily basis? Go vegan!”