Heather Renée Sweet
Dita Von Teese
Rochester, Michigan, U.S.
Hollywood, California, U.S.
Dita Von Teese went to University High School in Irvine, California.
Burlesque dancer, lingerie designer, author, actress, entrepreneur, model, singer
- Father – Ken Sweet (Machinist)
- Mother – Bonnie Lindsey (Manicurist)
- Siblings – Sarah Brown (Younger Sister), Jennifer (Older Sister)
Dita is signed to
- Dishell Multimedia Group
- True Public Relations
She is not signed to any record label.
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
Though, in interviews, she has said herself 5 ft 5 in or 165 cm.
52 kg or 115 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Dita Von Teese dated –
- Mark Mahoney – Dita dated for a couple of months with American tattoo artist, Mark Mahoney who is considered the founder of black and grey art with a single needle.
- Peter Sarsgaard (2000) – In 2000, she was romantically linked with actor Peter Sarsgaard.
- Mike Ness (2001) – Social Distortion’s vocalist, songwriter, and guitarist, Mike Ness dated Dita for some time in 2001.
- Marilyn Manson (2002-2007) – On January 5, 2002, she started dating musician Marilyn Manson, when she appeared in a music video in Marilyn’s song. After three years of dating, the couple married on December 3, 2005. But, the marriage didn’t go for long and they split in December 2006 and filed for divorce, which was finalized on July 5, 2007.
- Louis-Marie de Castelbajac (2009-2012) – From 2009 to 2012, Dita and French socialite, Louis-Marie de Castelbajac were an item. He is around 11 years her junior.
Race / Ethnicity
Dita has Armenian, English, German, and Scottish ancestry.
She is a natural ‘Blonde.’
But, dyes her hair black.
- Retro looks
- Curvaceous and buxom figure
- Wears red lipstick
37-22-35 in or 94-56-89 cm
8 (US) or 40 (EU)
6.5 (US) or 37 (EU)
In 2006, she appeared in Mac cosmetics print ads for their various product range
In 2006, Dita appeared in a print ad for “Skin cancer” awareness campaign.
She has served as the face of Vivienne Westwood’s Spring / Summer 2005 collection, and Wheels and Dollbaby 2006 / 2007 Spring / Summer campaign.
Best Known For
Retro looks, and burlesque dancing.
As a model, she has walked in the Los Angeles Fashion Week 2004, Milan Fashion Week 2006 and others.
Her first film was in 1995 entitled Romancing Sara where she portrayed the role as Allison. She was credited as “Heather Sweet.”
It was an adult film.
First TV Show
In 2006, she appeared as herself in the reality show America’s Next Top Model in an episode titled “The Girl Who Graduates.”
She drinks a green smoothie daily without any fail.
Dita regularly attends Pilates classes and also does yoga. Check out her complete workout routine and diet plan.
She generally washes her hair three times a week. To make her hairstyle look like that, she uses medium and small rollers. Dita is a Do It Yourself (DIY) person.
Dita Von Teese Favorite Things
- Perfume – Quelques Fleurs, Lancôme Magie Noire
- Concealer – Clé de Peau
- Accessory – Sunglasses
- SPF – MD Solar Sciences Mineral Lotion
- Actress – Betty Grable
- Restaurant (For Dessert) – Brasserie Lipp in Paris, France
Source – Elle, Refinery29, Chicago Tribune
Dita Von Teese Facts
- Dita likes classic vintage style and 1940s cinema.
- Dita has a cat named, Aleister.
- She admires actress Betty Grable. Dita got attracted towards all the old style fashion and looks through her mother, who would buy her clothes to dress up.
- She is a skilled ballet dancer.
- Until 13, she used to dance for a local ballet company.
- She initially wanted to be a ballerina.
- As “Heather Sweet,” she has acted in several adult films (soft-core p*rnographic as well as fetish movies) as well.
- Dita Von Teese is her stage name, which she picked from various places. She picked “Dita” from silent film actress’ name Dita Parlo. For last name, she used her phone book. When she was appearing at the Playboy magazine cover for December 2002 issue, she didn’t had any last name. So, she used her phone book and gave the name “Von Treese” to the Playboy team. They misspelled it to be Dita Von Teese. But, she continued using that name, instead.
- Dita collects vintage tea sets and egg cups.
- Dita is a liberal Democrat.
- Con Teese was born at Crittenton Hospital in Rochester, Michigan.
- In 2013, she was a featured singer in the single Disintegration by Monarchy.
- In 2006, she also released her book titled “Burlesque and the Art of the Teese.”
- Check out her official website @ www.dita.net.
- Connect with her on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.