|Elaine Mason Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Year of Birth||1951|
Elaine Mason is a British nurse known for her former marriage to theoretical physicist, cosmologist, and author Stephen Hawking.
Elaine was born in 1951.
The United Kingdom
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Elaine has dated –
- David Mason (1980-1995) – Elaine was previously married to an engineer named David Mason from 1980 to 1995. She has 2 children.
- Stephen Hawking (1995-2006) – Theoretical physicist, cosmologist, author, and research institute director Stephen William Hawking and Elaine grew close to one another in the late 1980s while she had been working as a caretaker for him. Stephen was at the time married to his first wife, Jane Wilde, and eventually told Jane that wanted to marry Elaine. Then, in 1995, Stephen and Jane legally parted ways, and a couple of months after that, he and Elaine got married on September 16, 1995. In the early 2000s, Stephen’s family members were worried about him being physically abused. However, police investigations amounted to nothing as Stephen declined to make any official complaint. Later, his family members and close friends were excluded from his life. Elaine and Stephen finally divorced in 2006.
Race / Ethnicity
- Her curly red hair
- Towering physical appearance
Elaine Mason Facts
- She was born and raised in the United Kingdom.
- Prior to her relationship ending with Stephen Hawking, she was accused of having been physically abusive. However, Stephen refrained from speaking up about it in public.
- She had started off her career as a nurse working for a children’s orphanage located in Bangladesh.
- English actress and narrator Maxine Peake portrayed her in the Stephen Hawking biopic called The Theory of Everything (2014).