|Lennie James Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||October 11, 1965|
Lennie James is a British actor, screenwriter, and playwright who is best known for his portrayal of Tony Gates in Line of Duty, Morgan Jones in The Walking Dead and Fear the Walking Dead. Besides that, he is also notably known for his televised appearances as Glen Boyle in Critical on Sky 1, Robert Hawkins in Jericho, and Detective Joe Geddes in Low Winter Sun.
Lennie Michael James
Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, England, United Kingdom
Los Angeles, California, United States
Lennie studied at Ernest Bevin College.
Later, in 1988, he completed his graduation from the Guildhall School of Music and Drama.
Actor, Playwright, Screenwriter
- Mother – Phyllis Mary James
- Siblings – Kester James (Brother)
Lennie is represented by Estelle Lasher, Independent Talent Group, and the United Talent Agency.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
86 kg or 189.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Lennie has dated –
- Giselle Glasman – Lennie is married to a woman named Giselle Glasman with whom he has 3 children named Romy (b. 1990) and twins Celine and Georgia (b. 1994).
Race / Ethnicity
He has African and Trinidadian ancestry.
- Nubian nose
- Scruffy looking beard
- He mostly plays troubled characters.
Lennie James Favorite Things
- TV Shows – Hill Street Blues, The Six Million Dollar Man
- Director – Frank Darabont
Source – The Guardian, BT.com
Lennie James Facts
- During his youth, Lennie resided in South London.
- He was only 10 years old when Lennie’s mother Phyllis passed away. Prior to that, she had been raising them single-handedly.
- After the death of his mother, Lennie and his brother Kester chose to reside in a children’s home instead of going to the United States to be raised by their relatives. After that, he spent 8 years of his life in foster care.
- During his teenage years, Lennie dreamt about being a professional rugby player.
- He came across the art of acting after having followed a girl that he liked at the time who was going to an audition.
- The bravest thing he ever did was to help run a campaign that worked against schools planning to expel students.
- In the past, he worked with the British government’s social security office.
- As of 2020, Lennie’s twin children Celine and Georgia were attending Ivy League universities.
- He is very good at cooking and especially loves making Caribbean dishes.
- Lennie is a huge fan of Tottenham Hotspur FC and Valencia Club de Fútbol.
- He is one of the many celebrities who wrote down the open “letter to my younger self” for The Big Issue in March 2015.
- In his spare time, Lennie loves to speak to black inner-city kids to motivate them.
- He once stated that he wanted to play the role of Batman.
- Lennie finds it most difficult to do a Welsh accent.
- He admires actor Gary Oldman and considers director Horace Ové and actor Michael Byrne to be his guru.
Featured Image By Gage Skidmore / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0