|Gary Trainor Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||March 19, 1948|
Gary Trainor is an American musician who is the father of pop star Meghan Trainor who skyrocketed to fame in 2014, with the release of her Grammy Award for “Song of the Year”-nominated single All About That Bass.
Nantucket, Massachusetts, United States
Media Personality, Musician, Former Band Teacher
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Gary has dated –
- Kelli Trainor – Gary is married to Kelli Trainor with whom he has two children named Meghan Trainor (b. December 22, 1993), Justin Trainor (b. January 24, 1996) (Music Producer), and Ryan Trainor. Together, the couple ran a jewelry store called Jewel of the Isle in Nantucket which they retired from in 2016.
Race / Ethnicity
He wears a pair of rectangular reading glasses.
Gary Trainor Facts
- Trainor was just 11 years old when he started to learn to play the piano.
- While on an episode of The Voice UK in January 2020, his daughter asked him to play the piano which impressed her fellow judges. Tom Jones who was one of the judges sang a version of Shake, Rattle, and Roll to Gary’s music. During that episode, Gary stated that he learned most of the piano skills from listening to music by Tom.
- He had previously worked as a band teacher and even gigged across America.
- Gary has collaborated with his daughter Megan on numerous occasions including her singles Cupid (2011) and Good Morning (2019). Good Morning was originally written by Kathie Lee Gifford and Hoda Kotb.
Featured Image By Gary Trainor / Instagram