|Char Defrancesco Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||April 4, 1981|
Char Defrancesco is a Swiss entrepreneur, model, actor, interior designer, and fashion designer, best known for his relationship and subsequent marriage to Marc Jacobs, a well-known American fashion designer. However, he was a successful name in multiple industries well before that, having been a fashion designer with his own clothing store dedicated to hip and trendy dads. Following the collapse of the economy, Char also became a model in New York City, New York, and Los Angeles, California, United States so he could pay his bills. After a painful breakup, Char decided to redesign his closet at home, and the picture he shared of the process gained traction and pushed him to start a career in interior design. He also became an entrepreneur out of his own love for fragrances and relaxation at home. At one point, Char recognized he spent more money on candles with a fragrance than on his monthly rent.
With that in mind, Char decided to make them himself out of coconut wax after some research, as a way to save money and make them exactly to his liking. He received praise from his close friends who were also designers, models, and socialites, so he decided to turn them into a business and created a candle collection named Get Lit By Char. Its 3 signature candle products – Lit, Rich, and Bae became a success and were praised by the likes of Naomi Campbell, among many others. The Lit candle, which consists of an original combination of hashish and agarwood, and Bae, made of caramelized tobacco, nuts, vanilla, and charred wood, also have a travel tin version due to Char’s own need for portability when traveling. He is also an actor and has appeared in 1 episode of the drama, mystery web series Sense8 in 2017. Char has also amassed a fanbase online with more than 150k followers on Instagram.
- New York City, New York, United States
- Los Angeles, California, United States
Char attended the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) in Los Angeles, California, United States, and graduated with a degree in political science.
Model, Actor, Entrepreneur, Fashion Designer, Interior Designer
- Mother – Sonya Hallmark
- Siblings – Jonathan Defrancesco (Brother)
- Others – Jamie Stoltz (Half-Brother), Jennifer Stoltz (Half-Sister)
He self-manages his career.
6 ft or 183 cm
83 kg or 183 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Char Defrancesco has dated –
- Marc Jacobs (2015-Present) – He was rumored to be dating the well-known fashion designer and entrepreneur in early 2015, and it was reportedly a bad press for Marc. They allegedly accused Char of being the culprit for Marc’s spiraling in drugs, but it later became obvious that there was nothing of the sorts going on. It wasn’t until the New Year’s Eve in 2015 that they confirmed their relationship. Besides a few rumors in the press regarding Char arm wrestling Lorenzo Martone at Kate Moss‘s birthday party, which was nothing but friendliness, their relationship was “a smooth sailing.” Char also produced a video of contestants from RuPaul‘s Drag Race singing Big Spender from the musical Sweet Charity as a Christmas Present to Marc. In 2016, the two also traveled a lot together, mostly by an airplane or even with a helicopter that took them to Marc’s villa in Greece for vacation. On April 4, 2018, Marc decided to take it to the next step and hired a flash mob. He got on one knee and proposed to Char in a Chipotle restaurant, which was Char’s favorite place to eat. Initially, the crowd danced to Prince‘s song Kiss and Char had no idea it would be anything more than his birthday celebration, so he filmed it all. After just a little more than a year post-engagement, on April 6, 2019, the couple made a lavish wedding and tied the knot in complementary green suits. The wedding was held in New York City, New York, United States, and included a 5-story cake. Because of A-list celebrities and socialites that were attendees, some press made a comparison to Meghan Markle and Prince Harry‘s 2018 royal wedding. Some of the people that attended were Gigi Hadid, Bella Hadid, Christy Turlington, Anna Wintour, Rita Ora, Emily Ratajkowski, Justin Theroux, Amber Valletta, Christina Ricci, Bette Midler, Kate Moss, Tiffany Panhilason, Naomi Campbell, and many others. Char’s best friend Melissa also attended the wedding. Both of them wore Louboutin shoes for the wedding, and also went ahead and designed additional sneakers for themselves, which Louboutin made for them, and they wore in a hotel post-wedding. Char and Marc also began living in a townhouse in West Village, New York City, New York, United States. They were also spotted wearing matching nail polish and dressing up in similar costumes in public and on social media.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Italian descent.
- Tall, muscular physique
- Defined facial features
- Numerous tattoos on his body
Char Defrancesco has endorsed brands such as –
- Chanel (2017)
- Canary Yellow (2017)
- H&M (2018)
- Sephora (2018)
- Moschino (2018)
- OEUVRES NYC (2019)
- Jimmy Choo (2019)
- Louis Vuitton (2019)
- Christian Louboutin (2019)
- HIGHSNOBIETY (2019)
- HYPEBEAST (2019)
- Blood Manor Haunted House NYC (2019)
- Hello Critter Care (2019)
Best Known For
- Guest starring as Charlie in an episode of the web series Sense8 (2017) alongside his then-partner, Marc Jacobs
- Being an entrepreneur candlemaker, having founded his own brand Get Lit by Char
- Having a fanbase online with more than 150k followers on Instagram
First Web Show
Char Defrancesco made his first web show appearance as Charlie in an episode titled If All the World’s a Stage, Identity Is Nothing But a Costume of the drama-mystery series Sense8 on May 5, 2017.
Char Defrancesco Favorite Things
- Restaurant – Chipotle
- Chipotle Order – Burrito With Chicken, Corn, Spicy Salsa, And Quinoa
- Sneakers – Balenciaga Triple S, Chuck Taylors, Nike Air Jordan 1
- Animal – Dog
- Candle Scent – Lit
- Vape Flavor – Sticky Buns With A Menthol Squirt
- Earrings – Ben Baller Diamond Studs
- Watch – Rolex Presidential
- Suitcases – Rimowa x Supreme, Louis Vuitton x Supreme
- Hat Brand – DiSnapback
- Trend (In 2018) – Snapchat Filters, Chaos Phone Cases
- 3 Songs On Workout Playlist (In 2018) – Lemon – Drake Remix by N.E.R.D. and Rihanna, The Jump Off by Lil Kim, Forever by A$AP Rocky (feat. Moby)
- TV Show To Binge (In 2018) – Killing Eve
- Funniest Instagram Account (In 2018) – @Earlboykins
- Personal Quote – “I’ve been a few places. I’ve seen a few things. We’re all just doing the best we know how.”
Source – Instagram Bio, The Cut
Char Defrancesco Facts
- He was born in Switzerland.
- His parents owned a boarding school in Lausanne, Vaud, Switzerland.
- His parents divorced when he was 3 years old, and he came to the United States to stay with his maternal side of the family who lived in California and were in the movie business.
- Growing up, Char would split his time between Los Angeles, California, and visiting his family in Switzerland for holidays.
- His 1st language is French.
- After his clothing store business failed, he was also a bartender.
- He was often called an underwear model because he always showed off his physique in tight boxers and underwear. When asked about it, Char said he had been called worse, and that his family supports him in whatever he does.
- Apparently, only his husband Marc calls him Charly.
- According to him, the vacation spot is irrelevant, as long as he is with family, friends, and dogs.
- He cannot travel without a Tibetan Ginseng Mist and Kiehl’s Cactus Flower.
- Char is creeped out by toe shoes and would never wear them.
- He has to wear big sunglasses because he has a big face.
- He doesn’t mind fanny packs on other people, but they aren’t his thing.
- According to him, a one-piece ski suit is always appropriate.
- He went skiing in the Alps in January 2017 with one of his brothers.
- Char posed for a picture with Nicki Minaj in September 2017.
- He was on an airplane alongside actress Gwendoline Christie and a few friends in March 2018. They were traveling to London, England, United Kingdom, and took that time to create a short comedy skit together.
- He attended the Coachella festival in 2018 with a friend who he hasn’t seen for 5 years.
- Char has tried goat yoga in early July 2019.
- Visit his official website @ getlitbychar.com.
- Follow him on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Char Defrancesco / Instagram