|Seth Macfarlane Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10½ in|
|Date of Birth||October 26, 1973|
Seth Macfarlane is an American actor, screenwriter, producer, film director, singer, and animator. He is known for creating the television adult animated sitcom Family Guy as well as the science fiction comedy-drama series The Orville and for co-creating the adult animated sitcoms American Dad! and The Cleveland Show. He has also been a part of several other shows and movies such as Life is Short, The Life of Larry, Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story, Futurama: Into the Wild Green Yonder, A Million Ways to Die in the West, Logan Lucky, and Sing. Moreover, he was inducted into the Television Hall of Fame in 2020.
Seth Woodbury MacFarlane
Kent, Connecticut, United States
Beverly Hills, California, United States
Seth attended Kent School and in 1991, he got his high school diploma.
Seth then received his Bachelor of Fine Arts degree from Rhode Island School of Design (RISD) where he studied animation, film, and video.
TV producer, filmmaker, singer, songwriter, actor
- Father – Ronald Milton MacFarlane (Has served as a teacher at Kent School)
- Mother – Ann Perry (née Sager) (Has worked in the Admissions Office at South Kent School)
- Siblings – Rachael Ann MacFarlane (Younger Sister) (Voice Actor)
- Others – Milton Worcester MacFarlane (Paternal Grandfather), Selina Alfreda Shean (Paternal Grandmother), Arthur Woodbury Sager (Maternal Grandfather), Berta Rogers (Maternal Grandmother)
Seth MacFarlane has been signed with –
- William Morris Endeavor Entertainment
- Fuzzy Door Productions, Inc., Production Company, Los Angeles, California, United States
- 20th Century Fox Studios, Inc., Film Studios, Los Angeles, California, United States
Traditional pop, big band, easy listening, jazz, vocal jazz, show tunes, swing, musical comedy, vocal
Universal Republic, Republic Records, Verve Records, Fuzzy Door
His net worth had been $300 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 10½ in or 179 cm
83 kg or 183 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Seth MacFarlane has dated –
- Nicole Sullivan (1998-2000) – From 1998 to 2000, the actors Nicole Sullivan and Seth were an item.
- Tamera Mowry-Housley (2006) – Actor Tamera Mowry-Housley went on a date with Seth MacFarlane in 2006, which she revealed in 2013 during an episode of The Real.
- Christa Campbell (2006) – In 2006, actors Christa Campbell and Seth briefly dated together.
- Jessica Barth (2006) – In 2006, actors Jessica Barth and Seth MacFarlane were an item.
- Camille Guaty (2007) – In 2007, Seth’s name was linked with actor Camille Guaty.
- Kat Foster (2007-2008) – From 2007 to January 2008, actors Kat Foster and Seth MacFarlane were romantically linked to each other.
- Eliza Dushku (2008-2009) – In March 2008, actors Eliza Dushku and Seth met via a mutual friend and started dating each other. The couple kept their private lives secret and in November 2009, the two stopped seeing each other. He is 8 years her senior.
- Amanda Bynes (2008) – After meeting actor Amanda Bynes on the set of “Family Guy,” the two of these started dating each other in July 2008 and split later in the year. He is approx 13 years her senior.
- Kate Todd (2008-2009) – From 2008 to early 2009, Canadian singer Kate Todd and Seth MacFarlane were romantically linked to each other. Here also, Kate is 14 years his junior.
- Kaylee DeFer (2009) – After meeting actor Kaylee DeFer in 2006 at the set of the sitcom The War at Home, the couple dated briefly in 2009.
- Ashley Greene (2009) – In the summer of 2009, actors Ashley Greene and Seth MacFarlane had a couple of dates.
- Katie Sah (2009) – In late 2009, Seth dated a girl named, Katie Sah after getting introduced to her via his college friend. He also took her shopping in Beverly Hills to buy her a Roberto Cavalli gown so that she can wear it to the Emmys as his date.
- Audrina Patridge (2009) – In December 2009, the reality TV star, Audrina Patridge and Seth had an encounter when they were pictured together at Seth’s house party in Hollywood Hills. Nothing came out of the relationship.
- Trisha Cummings (2010-2012) – TV personality Trisha Cummings and Seth were linked to each other from 2010 to 2012.
- Alexandra Breckenridge (2011) – They have worked together for years on Family Guy, but in 2011, they secretly started dating each other. In November 2011, she also appeared at the American Music Awards VIP after-party.
- Cara Santa Maria (2011) – Science communicator, podcaster, TV host Cara Santa Maria and Seth were RUMORed to have had a fling in 2011.
- Cameron Diaz (2011) – It was RUMORed that he had a fling with entrepreneur, producer, author, and retired actor and model Cameron Diaz in December 2011.
- Emilia Clarke (2012-2013) – From July 2012 to March 2013, English actor Emilia Clarke and Seth dated each other.
- Alexis Knapp (2013) – Seth MacFarlane was RUMORed to be dating actor Alexis Knapp in 2013. He is 16 years her senior.
- Halston Sage (2017) – In September 2017, Seth commenced dating fellow actor Halston Sage.
Race / Ethnicity
Seth has English, Irish, and Scottish ancestry with distant New England roots.
- Multi-talented personality
- Very dark and grotesque gags
Seth MacFarlane’s body measurements like chest, biceps, and waist sizes are not known.
Seth’s shoe size is speculated to be 10 (US).
In 2009, Seth appeared in a TV commercial for Hulu.com.
Later in 2012, Seth was seen in the AXE Hair commercial.
He was also seen in the TV commercials for animated television series “American Dad!” and “Family Guy.”
Best Known For
Being credited as the creator of “Family Guy” and co-creator of “American Dad!” and “The Orville”.
Seth released his first album Music Is Better Than Words on September 27, 2011, via Universal Republic Records. It peaked at #111 at Us Billboard 200.
It consists of 14 songs in the standard edition, which makes it about 52 minutes long.
Seth first appeared in a 1995 animated film The Life of Larry where he voiced the role of Larry, Steve, and Lois. It was a student film directed by himself.
First TV Show
In 1997, Seth MacFarlane was seen in just one episode of the animation showcase series What a Cartoon! where he voiced the role of Larry and Steve.
Before Seth MacFarlane started working out, he used to weigh 205 pounds. It all started when actor Ryan Reynolds guest appeared on Seth’s TV show, Family Guy. Seth was impressed by Ryan’s physique and asked who was his trainer.
This is how Seth got introduced to celebrity trainer Bobby Strom. He started working all 7 days a week to lose the extra weight and started eating completely healthy such as egg whites, Greek yogurt among others.
Seth Macfarlane Favorite Things
- Star Wars Film – Star Wars: Episode V – The Empire Strikes Back (1980)
- Star Trek TV Series – Star Trek: The Next Generation
- Movie – Airplane! (1980), Caddyshack (1980), The Sound of Music (1965)
- Western TV Series – Gunsmoke (1955-1975)
- Western Film – The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance (1962)
- Music Band – Queen
Seth Macfarlane Facts
- As a 9-year-old child, he used to earn $5 a week from a local newspaper based in Kent, Connecticut for publishing a comic strip.
- Undergraduate Seth wanted to work for Disney, but after completing graduation in animation, video, and film, he changed his mind. But, he has worked at animation studio Hanna-Barbera instead.
- He is the creator of the adult animated sitcom, Family Guy.
- By the age of 2, he started creating cartoon characters.
- He is a big fan of the “Star Wars” and “Star Trek” series.
- Seth is good friends with Charlize Theron, Amy Schumer, Norah Jones, Neil deGrasse Tyson, and Matt Groening.
- He supports Democratic Party and has donated more than US $200,000 for the campaigning.
- He has taken vocal lessons from Lee and Sally Sweetland. These are the same people who trained Frank Sinatra and Barbra Streisand.
- Seth was the “The Smartest Person on TV” in 2008 as per Entertainment Weekly.
- He has his own production company called “Fuzzy Door.”
- His middle name “Woodbury” comes from the town drunk.
- He was scheduled to return to Los Angeles from Boston on American Airlines Flight 11 on the morning of September 11, 2001. However, due to a hangover from the previous night and an incorrect departure time (8:15 a.m. instead of 7:45 a.m.) from his travel agent, he missed the flight. The flight was hijacked by 5 al-Qaeda terrorists 15 minutes after departure and it killed everyone on board.