Tamera Darvette Mowry
Gelnhausen, Main-Kinzig-Kreis, Germany
Los Angeles / Napa Valley, California, U.S.
Tamera Mowry was enrolled at the Birmingham High School in Los Angeles.
After graduating from high school, she got admission at the Pepperdine University in California from where she graduated with a major in psychology. She spent the summer of 2001 in Florence while studying at the Pepperdine University’s Italian Campus.
Actress, television host, model, author, businesswoman, singer
- Father – Timothy John Mowry (US Army Veteran and custody officer with City of Glendale Police Department)
- Mother – Darlene Renee Mowry (US Army Veteran)
- Siblings – Tia Mowry (Younger Twin Sister) (Actress, model, author, businesswoman, vocalist), Tahj Mowry (Younger Brother), Tavior Mowry (Younger Brother) (Played College Football for University of California)
Tamera Mowry is represented by Main Title Entertainment.
5 ft 4½ in or 164 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Tamera Mowry has dated –
- Andrew Keegan – In one episode of the talk show, The Real, Tamera revealed that she went out briefly with actor Andrew Keegan. They had reportedly even gone out on a cruise with some other star kids. However, their relationship didn’t last long.
- Seth MacFarlane (2006) – In another episode of The Real, Tamera owned up to dating Family Guy creator Seth MacFarlane. She even went to claim that she is the reason why he loves black women.
- Adam Housley (2006-Present) – Tamera met her husband Adam Housley, who is a senior journalist with Fox News through her college professor. They started going soon after. After dating for around 6 years, Adam proposed to her in a hotel room in Venice. They got married in May 2011 in Napa Valley. In November 2012, she gave birth to a son, Aden John Tanner Housley. Later, in July 2015, she gave birth to a daughter, Ariah Talea Housley.
Race / Ethnicity
On her father’s side, she has Irish ancestry, whereas, she is of Afro-Bahamian descent on mother’s side.
Beauty mark below left eye
34-26-34 in or 86-66-86 cm
8 (US) or 40 (EU)
6 (US) or 36.5 (EU)
Tamera Mowry has appeared in a TV commercial for
- Frosted Cheerios
- Old Navy
- Double Mint Gum
Best Known For
- Being cast as Tamera Campbell in the sitcom Sister, Sister.
- Portraying the role of Dr. Kayla Thornton in the medical TV series, Strong Medicine.
As a Singer
Along with her sister Tia, Tamera was part of the R&B vocal girl group, Voices. The band released debut album, Just the Beginning… in 1992.
In 2002, Tamera made her first film appearance in the role of Sissy in The Hot Chick.
First TV Show
In 1991, Tamera was seen in an episode of the NBC sitcom Flesh ‘n’ Blood.
Tamera had gained around 60 pounds while being pregnant with her daughter Ariah. To shift this weight off her body, she made healthy changes to her lifestyle. She made sure that she was working out 4 days a week. Out of these 4 days, two days were reserved for weightlifting interval training, one day for cardio and a day for pilates.
Of late, she has added Zumba and yoga to her workout routine as well. The former is her go-to choice when she wants to burn calories fast and want to have some fun while at it. One of the biggest benefits of yoga for her is that it helps her relieve stress. It has also helped her take care of her back problem and increased flexibility is the added benefit.
Regarding diet, Tamera doesn’t believe in depriving herself or going for any diet. Instead, she has made subtle changes to her favorite and daily foods. For example, she has swapped pasta with spaghetti squash. Also, instead of classic high carb pizza, she goes for cauliflower crust pizza.
Tamera Mowry Favorite Things
- Color – Purple
- Guilty Pleasures – Chocolate, Wine and Cheese
- Pet Peeves – Entitlement, laziness, and prejudice
- Wildest Moment – Flying an airplane
- Theme Song – Soldier of Love by Sade
- Celebrity Hair Crush – Kim Kardashian
Source – The Real
Tamera Mowry Facts
- Tamera’s mother quit her job in the military and moved the whole family to Los Angeles after Tamera and her twin sister Tia revealed their desire to try their luck at acting.
- For her work in children’s and young adult shows, Tamera was inducted into Kids’ Choice Hall of Fame in 1998.
- Tamera has collaborated with Tia to establish their own production company named, “Twilight Production.”
- She didn’t lose her virginity till the age of 29 due to her devout Christian faith. After losing her virginity she felt guilty, so decided to remain celibate till her marriage.
- In 2015, she joined hands with Tia to publish a fiction book, Twintuition: Double Vision, which is a magical story that revolves around twin sisters.
- In 2013, she and her twin sister launched two motherhood related products – Milky! being a concoction of organic ingredients that help mothers lactate and Stretchy! was a herbal cream to take care of post-pregnancy scars.
- The twin sisters collaborated to start a reality show, Tia & Tamera, which went on to become the most watched new series in the history of the STYLE Network.
- Visit her official website @ tameramowry.com.
- Follow Tamera on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.