|Victor Ortiz Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||January 31, 1987|
Victor Ortiz is an American professional boxer who had a tough life growing up. But, due to his hard work and dedication, he later got known for his successful boxing career. He has won various championships like WBC Welterweight and Police Athletic League. He was rated as one of the top three welterweights in the world by popular sports news websites and channels like BoxRec, ESPN and Ring magazine. Ortiz has also appeared in films like The Expendables 3 (2014) and Southpaw (2015). He has more than 300k followers on Twitter and more than 200k followers on Instagram.
Garden City, Kansas, U.S.
California, United States
Ortiz went to Pacifica High School. He started boxing shortly after his mother left the family. After graduating from high school, Ortiz won the 2003 Police Athletic League national championships in Toledo at the age of 16. He also took training at Salvation Army Red Shield Community Center.
Ortiz also attended Oxnard’s famous La Colonia Youth Boxing Club. He got trained by 5 trainers named Ignacio “Buck” Avilia, Manuel Rios, Antonio Orozco Sr., Juan M. Aldana Jr., and Alfred Ritz at The Garden City Boxing club.
- Father – Victor Ortiz Sr.
- Siblings – Carmen (Older Sister), Temo (Younger Brother). He also has 1 older sibling.
Victor is represented by –
- Brett Norensberg and Mike Staudt, Talent Agents, The Gersh Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Scott Karp, Manager, The Syndicate, Los Angeles, California, United States
- Samuel Spira, Manager, Xtreme Couture Management, Los Angeles, California, United States
- Jacob Frederick Berne, Talent Agent Commercial, The Gersh Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Chad M. Christopher, Legal Representative, Stone, Genow, Smelkinson, Binder & Christopher, Beverly Hills, California, United States
Light Welterweight and Welterweight
70 in or 178 cm
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
67 kg or 148 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Victor has dated –
- Vanessa Laine Bryant – Victor and model Vanessa Laine Bryant were rumored to be dating in the past.
- Lindsay Arnold (2013) – Ortiz and dancer Lindsay Arnold were partnered together in the reality show Dancing with the Stars in 2013. This led to the rumors of them being dating together. However, the two people denied the rumors.
- Deborah Mather – Victor and Deborah Mather has been dating for a long time. The couple announced that they were expecting their first child in late 2016. On January 10, 2017, they had their first child a son named, Royal.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Mexican ancestry.
- Pointed chin
- Thick arched eyebrows
- Teethy smile
He has appeared in a “Victor Ortiz by FaceLube” commercial.
Best Known For
- Being previously credited as one of the top three welterweights in the world by popular news channels such as ESPN, The Ring magazine, and BoxRec
- He is also known for his roles in films like The Expendables 3 (2014) and Southpaw (2015)
First Boxing Match
In June 2004, Victor played his first match against Raul Montes at Plaza Hotel & Casino, Las Vegas, Nevada. Victor won the match by Technical Knockout (TKO).
Victor made his theatrical film debut as Mars in the action-adventure thriller film The Expendables 3 in 2014.
First TV Show
He made his first TV show appearance in sports series HBO Boxing After Dark in 2010.
Victor trains very hard. He has 3 training sessions in a day. He also does cardio to keep himself slim. His training varies according to his opponent.
In general, he enjoys doing mountain biking, surfing, swimming, skateboarding, and running and it definitely helps him keep lean and fit.
Victor Ortiz Facts
- Victor’s mother left her family for a relationship with another man when he was only 7 years old. He hated her mother for that.
- His father abandoned his family when he was 12 years old.
- He and his 5 siblings had to live in Kansas foster care system after their parents left them for their own personal reasons.
- In 2002, Ortiz and his younger brother left Kansas and relocated to Denver, Colorado to move in with their older sister (She became a legal adult in 2002).
- He won the 132-pound weight division with a record of 5-0 in a Junior Olympics tournament when he was 16 years old.
- One of his early noticeable fights was against British boxer Amir Khan, he lost in a second-round stoppage.
- In 2015, he turned 18 and became a legal adult and gained the full custody of his little brother.
- In 2002, he won the National Jr. Olympics title.
- On February 25, 2010, Ortiz fought against Hector Alatorre and won by TKO in the 10th and final round.
- In 2008, Victor was honored with ESPN Prospect of the Year due to his crowd-pleasing, aggressive style, two-fisted power, and boyish charm.
- In 2015, he appeared in the sports drama film, Southpaw.
- His father was an alcoholic who often harshly hit him and his siblings.
- Visit his official website @ vortizboxing.com.
- Follow him on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
Featured Image by Victor Ortiz / Instagram