|Vanessa Laine Bryant Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||May 5, 1982|
Vanessa Laine Bryant is an American model and businesswoman who also happens to be the wife of the famous former NBA player, Kobe Bryant. She kick-started her career in her early years and appeared in various music videos. She was fairly successful as a model and also attended the 2000 Teen Choice Awards.
Vanessa Cornejo Urbieta
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
Vanessa went to the St. Boniface Parochial School, graduating in 1996. Then, she graduated with honors from Marina High School in 2000.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Sofia Urbieta
- Siblings – Sophie (Older Sister)
- Others – Stephen Laine (Step Father)
She self-manages her career.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
61 kg or 134.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Vanessa has dated –
- Kobe Bryant (1999-Present) – Vanessa met the retired NBA player, Kobe Bryant, in 1999 while she was working on a music video for Tha Eastsidaz, a trio made up of Snoop Dogg, Tray Deee, and Goldie Loc. She was just a senior at Marina High School when the couple started dating. Kobe and Vanessa got married on April 18, 2001, at St. Edward Roman Catholic Church, in Dana Point, California and have since been together. Though she filed for a divorce on December 16, 2011, citing irreconcilable differences, after a relationship of 10 years, the couple called off the divorce on January 11, 2013. They have three daughters – Natalia Diamante (b. 2003), Gianna Maria-Onore (b. 2006), and Bianka Bella (b. 2016).
- Victor Ortiz – Vanessa’s name has been linked with American boxer and actor, Victor Ortiz in the past. It was a rumor.
Race / Ethnicity
Vanessa is of Mexican descent. She is not Irish as claimed by some of the websites.
- Broad smile
- Curvy figure
She has not endorsed any brand yet.
Vanessa’s religious beliefs are not known.
Best Known For
Her modeling career and working in the art department of feature films like Man on Fire and Colombiana.
Vanessa has not made her theatrical movie debut yet.
First TV Show
Vanessa made her TV show debut in the episode The Wedding of Keeping Up with the Kardashians in 2009.
Vanessa Laine Bryant’s workout routine and diet plan are unknown.
Vanessa Laine Bryant Favorite Things
Her favorite things are unknown.
Vanessa Laine Bryant Facts
- Her parents got divorced when Vanessa was only 3 years old.
- Her mother managed two jobs in order to raise her two daughters as a single parent.
- Even though her stepfather never adopted her, Vanessa took his last name, Laine, and changed her birth name to Vanessa Laine in 2000.
- Vanessa was a member of varsity cheerleading squad at St. Boniface Parochial School.
- She graduated high school via home program due to all the buzz created by her relationship with Kobe Bryant.
- She was only 18 when she married Kobe.
- Kobe’s parents didn’t attend their wedding because they did not accept Vanessa.
- Vanessa and Kobe helped Vanessa’s mother and stepfather with more than $500,000 when they filed for bankruptcy in 2000.
- She suffered a miscarriage in the spring of 2000 due to an ectopic pregnancy, a condition in which the fertilized egg attaches itself to a place other than inside the uterus.
- She stood by Kobe’s side when he was accused of raping a hotel employee in 2003. Even when Kobe accepted cheating on her, she stated that they would deal with the issue “within their marriage”.
- Follow Vanessa on Instagram.
Featured Image by Kobe Bryant / Instagram