Kobe Bean Bryant
Kobe, Black Mamba, Mister Clutch
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, U.S.
Newport Beach, CA
Kobe attended Lower Merion High School in Ardmore, Pennsylvania.
Professional Basketball player
- Father – Joe Bryant (ex Basketball Player)
- Mother – Pam Bryant
- Siblings – Shaya Bryant (Older Sister), Sharia Bryant-Washington (Older Sister)
- Other – John “Chubby ” Cox (Uncle)
6 ft 5 in or 195.5 cm
As per Kobe’s own statement given to The New York Times in December 2006 –
“Everyone thinks I’m 6 feet 7 inches tall. But just between you and me, I’m really 6-4”
But, he is believed to be 6 ft 5 inches.
212 lbs or 96 kg
Girlfriend / Spouse
Kobe Bryant has dated –
- Brandy Norwood (1996) – In April 1996, Kobe took singer and actress, Brandy Norwood as his date on a prom at Lower Merion High School. This relationship soon fizzled out.
- Vanessa Laine (1999-Present) – Kobe met Vanessa Laine, when she was only 17 back in 1999, while she was working as a backup dancer in one of the studios, where Kobe was working on a never released audio album. After several months of being in a relationship, both Kobe and Vanessa got engaged in May 2000. Soon after that, the couple got married on April 18, 2001. In 2003, Kobe was a part of an affair with a 19-year-old hotel employee, for which he was accused of a sexual assault. After this incident, Kobe admitted to the affair, but both he and Vanessa remained together. Kobe and Vanessa have three daughters, Natalia Diamante (b. January 19, 2003), Gianna Maria-Onore (b. May 1, 2006), and Bianka Bella (b. 2016). The couple is expecting 4th child together which they announced on New Year’s Day in 2019.
Race / Ethnicity
Kobe Bryant’s body specifications may be –
- Chest – 43 in or 109 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 16.5 in or 42 cm
- Waist – 35 in or 89 cm
14 (US) or 13.5 (UK) or 47 (EU) or 30 cm (JAP)
He appeared in TV commercials for Adidas (2001), McDonald’s (2001), Sprite (2002), Spalding (2001), NBA Basketball on TNT (2005), Nike (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014), Nutella (2008) and others.
Print ads for Vitamin Water “Glaceau” (2008) and Turkish Airlines (2011).
Back in 1996, Kobe signed a six-year contract with Adidas, worth 48 million dollars.
Signed contracts with Coca-Cola Company, Nubeo (watch company) (2009) and many others.
Best Known For
Winning 5 NBA Championships with the Los Angeles Lakers, and also for winning two Olympic Gold medals with the US National basketball team at Olympics 2008 and 2012.
- Killer Instinct
- Clutch Player
- Great Leadership
- Sickening work ethic
- Great Fundamentals
- Great Shooting ability
- Good Athleticism
- High Level of Intelligence
- More Individual than a team player
- Loses his nerves when he’s (or his team) losing.
He first appeared in the documentary about himself, known as Kobe Doin’ Work directed by Spike Lee back in 2009.
First TV Show
Bryant first appeared on a TV Show back in 1996 playing as Kobe Bryant in the TV series Arli$$.
First NBA Appearance
Kobe played his first NBA game on November 3 back in 1996 like a part of the Los Angeles Lakers against the Minnesota Timberwolves.
On that game, Kobe officially became the youngest player that has ever appeared in an official NBA game.
At that time Kobe was 18.
Kobe’s personal trainer is the well known Tim Grover, the main director of Attack Athletics, a company for training basketball players.
Tim is known for the fact that he was Michael Jordan’s personal trainer too.
More about Kobe’s diet and workouts, you can find on our website HERE.
Kobe Bryant Achievements
– 5 x NBA Champion with Los Angeles Lakers (2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010)
– 2 x NBA Finals Most Valuable Player (MVP) (2009, 2010)
– NBA MVP Most Valuable Player (2008)
– 17 x Selected as an NBA All-Star (1998, 2000 – 2015)
– 4 x NBA All-Star Game MVP (2002, 2007, 2009, 2011)
– 2 x NBA Scoring Champion (2006, 2007)
– All time leading scorer for the Los Angeles Lakers
– Naismith Prep Player of the Year (1996)
– NBA Slam Dunk Champion (1997)
– 11 x NBA First Team (2002, 2003, 2004, 2006 – 2013)
– 9 x NBA First Defensive Team (2000, 2003, 2004, 2006 – 2011)
– 2 x NBA Second Team (2000, 2001)
– 3 x NBA Second Defensive Team (2001, 2002, 2012)
– 2 x NBA Third Team (1995, 2005)
– Won Gold medal at the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing with team USA
– Won Gold medal at the 2012 Olympic Games in London with team USA
– Won Gold medal at the 2007 FIBA Americas Championship in Las Vegas with team USA
More stats at NBA.com.
Kobe Bryant Favorite Things
- Food – Macaroni and Cheese, Swordfish, Sweet Potatoes
- Color – Purple, Yellow
- Basketball Player – Magic Johnson, Joe Bryant
- Teammate – Derek Fisher
- Sport – Football
- Football Team – AC Milan
- Music – Hip Hop
- Album – Jay-Z’s Reasonable Doubt
Source – Fifa.com, Inflex We Trust
Kobe Bryant Facts
- His parent named him after the beef named, Kobe.
- Bryant started playing the game of basketball when he was 3.
- His favorite basketball team while growing up was the Los Angeles Lakers.
- On his high school prom, he took the R&B singer Brandy.
- After high school, he went directly to the NBA.
- His father, Joe Bryant was an NBA player too and was part of the league for 8 years.
- Bryant speaks fluent Italian and he lived there with his family for 8 years, while his dad played basketball.
- He was chosen as the 13th pick by the Charlotte Hornets in the 1996 NBA Draft.
- Bryant became the youngest player to play in one All-star game in 1998; at that point, Bryant was 19.
- He once scored 81 points single-handedly against the Toronto Raptors in 2006.
- He won 3 straight championships with the Los Angeles Lakers in 2000, 2001, and 2002.
- After he injured his Achilles tendon, he made a great comeback despite he was 36.
- He once asked his coach to work out with him at 4:15 A.M.
- Once, while he was in high school he showed up at 5 a.m. and left the practice at 7 p.m.
- He played with his high school teammates “one on one” to 100.
- Kobe trains for 4 hours in a day in-season and 6+ hours in the off-season.
- On every practice, Kobe counts his shot makes and stops whenever he reaches 400.
- You can follow Kobe on his Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.