|Kobe Bryant Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||August 23, 1978|
|Date of Death||January 26, 2020|
Kobe Bryant was an American professional basketball player who spent his entire 20-year career with the Los Angeles Lakers in the National Basketball Association (NBA). Considered as one of the greatest players of all time, he was instrumental in Lakers winning 5 NBA championships and was an 18-time All-Star, a 15-time member of the All-NBA Team, a 12-time member of the All-Defensive Team, the 2008 NBA Most Valuable Player (MVP), and a two-time NBA Finals MVP. Popularly known as “Black Mamba”, his talents weren’t limited to his game and he also won the Academy Award for “Best Animated Short Film” for his 2017 film Dear Basketball. Tragically, he died along with his 13-year-old daughter Gianna and 7 others in a helicopter crash in Calabasas, California in 2020.
Kobe Bean Bryant
Kobe, Black Mamba, Mister Clutch
Kobe was born on August 23, 1978.
Kobe died on January 26, 2020, at the age of 41, in a helicopter crash nearby Calabasas, California, U.S. Gianna Bryant, his daughter was also traveling with him in the helicopter who also lost her life.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
He resided in Newport Beach, California, United States.
Kobe attended Lower Merion High School in Ardmore, Pennsylvania.
Professional Basketball player
- Father – Joe Bryant (ex Basketball Player)
- Mother – Pam Cox Bryant
- Siblings – Shaya Bryant (Older Sister), Sharia Bryant-Washington (Older Sister)
- Other – John “Chubby” Cox (Uncle), Joseph Washington Bryant (Paternal Grandfather), Georgia Marie (Paternal Grandmother), John Arthur Cox II (Maternal Grandfather), Mildred Williams (Maternal Grandmother)
6 ft 5 in or 195.5 cm
As per Kobe’s own statement given to The New York Times in December 2006 –
“Everyone thinks I’m 6 feet 7 inches tall. But just between you and me, I’m really 6-4”
But, he was believed to be 6 ft 5 inches.
96 kg or 212 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Kobe Bryant had dated –
- Brandy Norwood (1996) – In April 1996, Kobe took singer and actress, Brandy Norwood as his date on the prom at Lower Merion High School. This relationship soon fizzled out.
- Jameika Williams (1997) – In the year 1997, he was romantically involved with attorney Jameika Williams.
- Vanessa Laine (1999-2020) – Kobe met Vanessa Laine, when she was only 17 back in 1999, while she was working as a backup dancer in one of the studios, where Kobe was working on a never-released audio album. After several months of being in a relationship, both Kobe and Vanessa got engaged in May 2000. Soon after that, the couple got married on April 18, 2001. In 2003, Kobe was a part of an affair with a 19-year-old hotel employee, for which he was accused of a sexual assault. After this incident, Kobe admitted to the affair, but both he and Vanessa remained together. Kobe and Vanessa had 4 daughters, Natalia Diamante (b. January 19, 2003), Gianna Maria-Onore (May 1, 2006-January 26, 2020), and Bianka Bella (b. 2016), and Capri Kobe Bryant (b. June 2019). Gianna died in a helicopter crash along with her father Kobe on January 26, 2020.
- Katelyn Faber (2003) – He had a fling with Katelyn Faber in June 2003.
- Vanessa Curry (2008) – He had an encounter with Vanessa Curry in 2008.
- Jessica Burciaga (2011) – It was RUMORed that he hooked up with glamor model Jessica Burciaga in 2011.
Race / Ethnicity
Kobe Bryant was of African-American and Guyanese descent.
14 (US) or 13.5 (UK) or 47 (EU) or 30 cm (JAP)
He appeared in TV commercials for Adidas (2001), McDonald’s (2001), Sprite (2002), Spalding (2001), NBA Basketball on TNT (2005), Nike (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014), Nutella (2008) and others.
Print ads for Vitamin Water Glaceau (2008) and Turkish Airlines (2011).
Back in 1996, Kobe signed a six-year contract with Adidas, worth 48 million dollars.
Signed contracts with Coca-Cola Company, Nubeo (watch company) (2009), and many others.
Best Known For
Winning 5 NBA Championships with the Los Angeles Lakers, and also for winning two Olympic Gold medals with the US National basketball team at Olympics 2008 and 2012
- Killer Instinct
- Clutch Player
- Great Leadership
- Sickening work ethic
- Great Fundamentals
- Great Shooting ability
- Good Athleticism
- High Level of Intelligence
- More Individual than a team player
- Loses his nerves when he’s (or his team) losing.
He first appeared in the documentary about himself, known as Kobe Doin’ Work directed by Spike Lee back in 2009.
First TV Show
Bryant first appeared on a TV show back in 1996 playing as Kobe Bryant in the TV series Arli$$.
First NBA Appearance
Kobe played his first NBA game on November 3 back in 1996 like a part of the Los Angeles Lakers against the Minnesota Timberwolves.
In that game, Kobe officially became the youngest player that had ever appeared in an official NBA game.
At that time Kobe was 18.
Kobe’s personal trainer was the well known Tim Grover, the main director of Attack Athletics, a company for training basketball players.
Tim is known for the fact that he was Michael Jordan’s personal trainer too.
More about Kobe’s diet and workouts, you can find them on our website HERE.
Kobe Bryant Achievements
– 5 x NBA Champion with Los Angeles Lakers (2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010)
– 2 x NBA Finals Most Valuable Player (MVP) (2009, 2010)
– NBA MVP Most Valuable Player (2008)
– 17 x Selected as an NBA All-Star (1998, 2000 – 2015)
– 4 x NBA All-Star Game MVP (2002, 2007, 2009, 2011)
– 2 x NBA Scoring Champion (2006, 2007)
– All-time leading scorer for the Los Angeles Lakers
– Naismith Prep Player of the Year (1996)
– NBA Slam Dunk Champion (1997)
– 11 x NBA First Team (2002, 2003, 2004, 2006 – 2013)
– 9 x NBA First Defensive Team (2000, 2003, 2004, 2006 – 2011)
– 2 x NBA Second Team (2000, 2001)
– 3 x NBA Second Defensive Team (2001, 2002, 2012)
– 2 x NBA Third Team (1995, 2005)
– Won Gold medal at the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing with team USA
– Won Gold medal at the 2012 Olympic Games in London with team USA
– Won Gold medal at the 2007 FIBA Americas Championship in Las Vegas with Team USA
Kobe Bryant Favorite Things
- Food – Macaroni and Cheese, Swordfish, Sweet Potatoes
- Color – Purple, Yellow
- Basketball Player – Magic Johnson, Joe Bryant
- Teammate – Derek Fisher
- Sport – Football
- Football Team – AC Milan
- Music – Hip Hop
- Album – Jay-Z’s Reasonable Doubt
Source – Fifa.com, InflexWeTrust.com
Kobe Bryant Facts
- His parents had named him after the beef named, Kobe.
- Bryant started playing the game of basketball when he was 3.
- His favorite basketball team while growing up was the Los Angeles Lakers.
- On his high school prom, he took the R&B singer Brandy.
- After high school, he went directly to the NBA.
- His father, Joe Bryant was an NBA player too and was a part of the league for 8 years.
- Bryant spoke fluent Italian and he lived there with his family for 8 years, while his dad played basketball.
- He was chosen as the 13th pick by the Charlotte Hornets in the 1996 NBA Draft.
- Bryant became the youngest player to play in one All-star game in 1998; at that point, Bryant was 19.
- He once scored 81 points single-handedly against the Toronto Raptors in 2006.
- He won 3 straight championships with the Los Angeles Lakers in 2000, 2001, and 2002.
- After he injured his Achilles tendon, he made a great comeback despite he was 36.
- He once asked his coach to work out with him at 4:15 A.M.
- Once, while he was in high school, he showed up at 5 a.m. and left the practice at 7 p.m.
- He had played with his high school teammates “one on one” to 100.
- Kobe used to train for 4 hours a day in-season and 6+ hours in the off-season.
- In every practice, Kobe counted his shot makes and stopped whenever he reached 400.
- Starting from January 1, 2021, Californian Governor Gavin Newsom made a new law that makes it illegal for the first responders to take unauthorized photos of the deceased at crime scenes. Any violation would lead to a $1,000 fine. This new law was created after the sudden death of Kobe Bryant in a helicopter crash.
- Kobe was very romantic which was revealed by Vanessa Bryant during his memorial service in October 2020. Every year, he used to plan a special anniversary trip plus a traditional gift on the occasion of marriage.
- Due to Kobe’s jersey number 8 and 24, Kobe Bryant Day was celebrated on August 24.
- On Kobe Bryant’s day in August 2020, it was revealed that a street would be named after him in Los Angeles. Figueroa Street would be renamed Kobe Bryant Boulevard.
- In December 2020, he was posthumously honored by the Los Angeles Lakers with their 2020 championship rings.
- In February 2021, his childhood basketball hoop sold for almost $37,200 at Heritage Auctions.
- In May 2021, he was inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame.