|Rachel McAdams Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||November 17, 1978|
Rachel McAdams is an award-winning Canadian actress and voiceover artist who is best known for her roles in movies such as The Notebook, Spotlight, Midnight in Paris, Perfect Pie, Sherlock Holmes, Mean Girls, Every Thing Will Be Fine, Wedding Crashers, The Time Traveler’s Wife, The Vow, Passion, A Most Wanted Man, Disobedience, and Doctor Strange. Also, her portrayal of the character named Sacha Pfeiffer in the 2015 biographical drama film, Spotlight, got her nominated for the 2016 Academy Award for “Best Supporting Actress”.
Rachel Anne McAdams
London, Ontario, Canada
She divides her time between –
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Los Angeles, California, United States
Rachel studied at Myrtle Street Public School. Later, she attended Central Elgin Collegiate Institute in St. Thomas, Ontario. She also served on the student council.
In 2001, she graduated from a four-year theater program at York University in Toronto, Ontario.
Actress, Voiceover Artist
- Father – Lance McAdams (Retired truck driver and furniture mover)
- Mother – Sandra McAdams (née Gale) (Nurse)
- Siblings – Kayleen McAdams (Younger Sister) (Celebrity Makeup Artist), Daniel McAdams (Younger Brother)
- Others – Cecil Leslie McAdams (Paternal Grandfather), Florence June Williams (Paternal Grandmother), Harold Gowan Gale (Maternal Grandfather), Eileen Maude Bell (Maternal Grandmother)
She is signed with these agencies –
- Magnolia Entertainment, Talent Management Company, Beverly Hills, California, United States
- William Morris Endeavor Entertainment, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
5 ft 4 in or 163 cm
54 kg or 119 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Rachel McAdams has dated –
- Ryan Gosling (2005-2008) – They both met each other on the set of the 2004 movie “The Notebook” and soon started seeing each other. The duo was in a relationship from 2004 until 2007. They also reconciled for a couple of months in 2008. So, this was an ON-again OFF-again kind of relationship.
- Josh Lucas (2009) – American actor Josh Lucas and actress Rachel were first spotted kissing at an event in Washington D.C. Post that, they dated for months in 2009, possibly from January 2009 until August 2009.
- Ben Jackson (2009-2010) – After meeting on the set of the 2009 movie Sherlock Holmes, Rachel was RUMORed to be dating Jude Law‘s assistant, Ben Jackson in late 2009, possibly from December 2009 to January 2010.
- Michael Sheen (2010-2013) – Michael Sheen, Welsh actor met McAdams on the set of the 2011 movie Midnight in Paris. They started dating in September 2010. The co-stars dated quietly until February 2013.
- Kit Harington (2013) – In March 2013, Rachel was RUMORed to be dating actor Kit Harington.
- Patrick Sambrook (2013-2014) – Rachel dated Patrick Sambrook, who is a well-known personality in the Canadian music industry from July 2013 to May 2014. The duo was first photographed at CANFAR benefit in Toronto, back in May 2013.
- Jake Gyllenhaal (2014) – It was RUMORed that she was romantically involved with American actor and film producer Jake Gyllenhaal in the year 2014.
- Taylor Kitsch (2015) – In June 2015, the actors Taylor Kitsch and Rachel were RUMORed to be dating each other.
- Jamie Linden (2016-Present) – Screenwriter Jamie Linden and McAdams are an item since April 2016. They were seen shopping for pillows in August 2016. They have a son together (b. April 10, 2018). They are currently expecting their 2nd child.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of English, Welsh, Irish, Scottish, Dutch, and German descent.
Rachel is a natural brunette (brown colored hair), but, likes to dye her hair red, blonde, and others.
- Often plays romantic love interests
- Couple of mole marks on her face and neck
- Fair complexion
34-24-35 in or 86-61-89 cm
2-4 (US) or 34-36 (EU)
7 (US) or 4.5 (UK) or 37.5 (EU)
Best Known For
Her role in the films The Notebook (2004), Mean Girls (2004), Sherlock Holmes (2009), and Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows (2011).
Rachel played Sally Garfield in the 2002 comedy film My Name is Tanino.
First TV Show
In 2001, McAdams guest appeared in the television show Shotgun Love Dolls for her role as Beth Swanson in an episode titled “Pilot”.
She is a yoga lover and a biker. Rachel does Kundalini daily in the morning.
For the 2012 film The Vow, she worked with personal trainer Jerry Owen. Rachel is athletic and does not need many corrections in her workout, as revealed by Jerry.
Owen focused more on HIIT (High-Intensity Interval Training), which leads to a healthier heart, increased metabolism, and it also burns a larger amount of fat.
Rachel McAdams Favorite Things
- Actor – Philip Seymour Hoffman
- Actress – Laura Dern, Joan Cusack, Samantha Morton, Renée Zellweger, Kate Winslet, Juliette Lewis
- Color – Purple
Source – IMDb, KidzWorld.com
Rachel McAdams Facts
- Rachel’s grandmother is of Welsh descent.
- She was active in sports in her childhood and also remained active in sports until 18. Rachel had won several state-level awards in various contests.
- Rachel started figure skating at the age of 4. At 9, she received an offer to train for skating in Toronto but turned down the offer. So, it became just her hobby.
- She was formerly a vegetarian.
- Rachel had also worked at McDonald’s restaurant in the past for continuous three years. She used to work there during her summer holidays in college.
- McAdams first developed an interest in acting and performing arts, when she was seven years old.
- McAdams is allergic to horses.
- McAdams was first considered for the role of Vesper Lynd in Casino Royale (2006). However, finally, that role was offered to Eva Green (French actress and model) and she accepted.
- Again for the role of Rachel Dawes in The Dark Knight (2005), she was considered. But, again this part ended up going to Maggie Gyllenhaal.
- She was born at St. Joseph’s Hospital in London, Ontario in Canada, which is the same one, where her ex-boyfriend Ryan Gosling was born.
- She turned down the role of Pepper Potts in the Iron Man series, which Gwyneth Paltrow accepted.
- She endorsed Senator Bernie Sanders for President in the 2016 U.S. presidential election.
- She likes to shop at vintage clothing stores.
- She co-starred as Sigrit Ericksdóttir, Lars’ bandmate and long-time best friend who wishes for a romantic relationship with him, in the 2020 American musical comedy film, Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga. Her fellow castmates included the likes of Will Ferrell, Dan Stevens, Mikael Persbrandt, Demi Lovato, and Pierce Brosnan.
- In April 2024, Rachel made her Broadway debut in Amy Herzog’s Mary Jane.