|Will Ferrell Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||July 16, 1967|
Will Ferrell is one of the most popular and acclaimed American comedians. He started his journey as a comedian in 1995 with Saturday Night Live. Over his 7 years stint with the popular show, he went onto prove that he has impeccable comedic timing and skills. As a film actor, he got his breakthrough with his role in Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy. The other popular movies he has worked in include Talladega Nights, Step Brothers, and The Other Guys.
John William Ferrell
Irvine, California, United States
He divides his time between Orange County and New York City.
Will Ferrell went to the Culverdale Elementary. Later, he studied at the Rancho San Joaquin Middle School in his hometown of Irvine.
After graduating from high school, he got enrolled at the University High School. In 1990, he graduated from the university with a B.A. degree in sports information.
Actor, comedian, producer, writer
- Father – Roy Lee Ferrell Jr.
- Mother – Betty Kay Ferrell (Elementary School Teacher)
- Siblings – Patrick Ferrell (Younger Brother)
- Others – Roy Lee Ferrell (Paternal Grandfather), Ruth Rebecca Trueblood (Paternal Grandmother), Henry William Overman (Maternal Grandfather), Katie/Kate Elizabeth Pierce (Maternal Grandmother)
Will Ferrell is represented by –
- Gary Sanchez Productions
- United Talent Agency
6 ft 3 in or 190.5 cm
89 kg or 196 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Will Ferrell has dated –
- Viveca Paulin (1995-Present) – Will Ferrell started dating Swedish actress Viveca Paulin in 1995. They got married in August 2000 in an intimate wedding ceremony. They had first met at an acting class in 1995. They started dating soon after. In March 2004, Paulin gave birth to their first son, Magnus Paulin Ferrell. They welcomed son Mattias Paulin Ferrell into their family in December 2006. She gave birth to their third son, Axel Paulin Ferrell, in January 2010.
Race / Ethnicity
He has German, English, and Irish ancestry.
Blue with a hint of green
Will Ferrell has appeared in TV commercials for the following brands –
- GAP clothing stores
- Apple iPod
- Loews Cinemas 100th Anniversary campaign
- ACT (America Coming Together)
- Old Spice
- Dodge Durango trucks
He has also done a radio commercial for Miller Beer.
He is an atheist. He takes a special pleasure in poking at various religions.
Best Known For
- Having played important roles in popular movies such as Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy, Talladega Nights, Step Brothers, The Other Guys, and Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues
- His work as a cast member of the popular comedy sketch show, Saturday Night Live
In 1997, he made his theatrical film debut in the popular comedy movie, Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery.
First TV Show
In 1995, Will Ferrell made his first TV show appearance in Little Rascals episode of the ABC sitcom, On Our Own.
Will Ferrell Favorite Things
- Eatery And Bar In San Diego – Blind Lady Ale House and Cinnabon
- Co-Star – Julia Louis-Dreyfus
- Comedy Skits – Harry Caray space show with Jeff Goldblum and the Cowbell sketch with Christopher Walken
- Film – Patton
- Soccer Clubs – Chelsea FC and Celtics FC
Will Ferrell Facts
- While studying at the University of Southern California, he was a member of the Delta Tau Delta international fraternity.
- After graduating from the university, he started working as an intern at NBC Sports. However, after he drew some laughs by ad-libbing a joke on-air while working on a broadcasting course, he decided to focus on comedy.
- As he had shown the negative side of the show business in his childhood with his father often remaining away from home for long periods of time and not earning a steady income, he was determined not to work in the show business and instead find a steady paying job.
- While studying in high school, he excelled in sports. He served as a captain of the basketball team, played as a kicker in the school’s varsity football team, and was also a member of the soccer team.
- While in the senior year at the high school, he used to get along with his friend to perform comedy skits over the intercom system. He also used to regularly create comedy skits for the talent shows held in the school.
- While studying at the university, he secured an internship at a local television station in the sports department. However, he didn’t enjoy his work.
- After graduating from the university, he started working as a hotel valet. But he didn’t last long in his job because of his mistakes. In fact, he drove a van under a low-lying beam, which resulted in a baggage rack being torn off the top of the vehicle.
- After his failure as a hotel valet, he started working as a teller at Wells Fargo. However, his careless and error-prone work ethic again came to fore as he often came up short on money deposited with him.
- His mother noticed how he was floundering at various jobs and encouraged him to go for something that he liked. He decided to audition for the comedy group The Groundlings and he was accepted.
- With his diligent work and impressive skills, he managed to secure a place with the top professional group of The Groundlings in 1994.
- In 1995, the producer of Saturday Night Live saw the performance of The Groundlings. He was impressed with Ferrell’s work and he asked him to audition for Lorne Michaels, the main producer of SNL.
- He joined the cast of SNL in 1995. He worked in the popular comedy sketch show for 7 years before leaving the show in 2002. However, he has worked as a host and guest in the show on numerous occasions.
- In January 2016, it was revealed that Ferrell was set to become a part-owner of the new Major League Soccer team, Los Angeles FC. The club made its MLS debut in March 2018.
- In April 2018, he was caught in a serious accident involving two cars. He was riding with three passengers in the SUV, which flipped over. He escaped without any serious injuries.
- In 2005, the Premiere Magazine placed him on the 38th spot in their Power 50 list. The following year, he improved his ranking and finished in the 34th spot.
- In recognition of his services to the entertainment industry, he was honored with his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 6767 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood.
- In April 2007, he collaborated with Adam McKay to start a streaming video website, Funny or Die. The users can upload short films on the website and other users were allowed to vote on posted videos.
- He doesn’t have any official social media account.
Featured Image by Eva Rinaldi / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0