|Kenan Thompson Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8½ in|
|Date of Birth||May 10, 1978|
Kenan Thompson is an American actor, comedian, producer, writer, and singer who is best known for having been a cast member of the late-night live variety TV series, Saturday Night Live, since 2003. Starting acting at the age of 15, he has also appeared with his All That co-actor, Kel Mitchell, on their very own teen sitcom, Kenan & Kel. Kenan Thompson has also been cast in a variety of roles in various shows and movies like D2: The Mighty Ducks, D3: The Mighty Ducks, The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle, The Master of Disguise, Barbershop 2: Back in Business, Good Burger, Space Chimps, The Smurfs, Stan Helsing, The Magic of Belle Isle, They Came Together, The Smurfs 2, Brother Nature, Going in Style, The Steve Harvey Show, The Amanda Show, Rugrats, Sit Down, Shut Up, Maya & Marty, F Is for Family, and Double Dare. Apart from acting, he has also performed several songs on shows which include Saturday Night Live, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, Psych, and All That. Kenan Thompson also enjoys a huge social media fan base with more than 100k followers on Twitter, more than 80k followers on Facebook, and more than 280k followers on Instagram.
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Kenan Thompson divides his time between his residences in –
- New York, United States
- Los Angeles, California, United States
Kenan Thompson studied at Tri-Cities High School which is a Visual and Performing Arts Magnet School located in East Point, Georgia, United States.
Actor, Comedian, Producer, Writer, Singer
- Father – Fletcher Thompson
- Mother – Elizabeth Ann Thompson
- Siblings – Feleecia Thompson (Younger Sister), Kerwin Thompson (Older Brother)
- Others – Clarence Robert “Ned” Callaham, Jr. (Maternal Grandfather), Clarence Robert Lee Callaham (Maternal Great Grandfather), Sam Archer Callaham (Maternal Great Great Grandfather), Hettie Lou Wynn (Maternal Great Great Grandmother), Esther Marshall Cheatham (Maternal Great Grandmother), Augustus T. Cheatham (Maternal Great Great Grandfather), Lucy Ann Marshall (Maternal Great Great Grandmother), Matilda Elsie Payne (Maternal Grandmother), William Payne (Maternal Great Grandfather), Charles Payne (Maternal Great Great Grandfather), Mearly Wards (Maternal Great Great Grandmother), Martha H. Thompson (Maternal Great Grandmother), Thomas W. Thompson (Maternal Great Great Grandfather), Matilda Fields (Maternal Great Great Grandmother)
Kenan Thompson is represented by United Talent Agency, Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
5 ft 8½ in or 174 cm
90 kg or 198.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Kenan Thompson has dated –
- Christina Evangeline – He started dating model Christina Evangeline in 2008. They both felt connected to one another and, hence, the relationship proceeded. Then, in September 2010, the couple got engaged. On November 11, 2011, Kenan Thompson and Christina Evangeline tied the knot and have since been together. They welcomed their first child, a daughter named Georgia Marie, on June 20, 2014. Four years later, their second daughter, Gianna Michelle, was born on July 31, 2018.
Race / Ethnicity
Kenan Thompson is of African-American descent.
- Imposing physique
- Wide smile
- Broad forehead
Kenan Thompson has been a part of Nike‘s MVP “Most Valuable Puppets” commercials, where he provided his vocals to the LeBron James‘s puppet. The commercials were planned to be shown during the 2009 NBA Playoffs.
He has also endorsed the brand, Fandango, appearing in 18 videos, eight 30-second commercials, and a few comedic skits.
Best Known For
- Having been cast in a variety of movies which include Heavyweights (1995) as Roy, D3: The Mighty Ducks (1996) as Russ Tyler, Good Burger (1997) as Dexter Reed, The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle (2000) as Lewis, Big Fat Liar (2002) as Party Guest, The Master of Disguise (2002) as Guy on Computer, Love Don’t Cost a Thing (2003) as Walter Colley, My Boss’s Daughter (2003) as Hans, Barbershop 2: Back in Business (2004) as Kenard, Fat Albert (2004) as Fat Albert, Snakes on a Plane (2006) as Troy, Wieners (2008) as Wyatt, Stan Helsing (2009) as Teddy, The Magic of Belle Isle (2012) as Henry, They Came Together (2014) as Teddy, Brother Nature (2016) as Meisha, Going in Style (2017) as Keith, The Grinch (2018) as Bricklebaum, and Wonder Park (2019) as Gus
- Appearing in various TV show such as The Steve Harvey Show (1996-1998) as Junior, Kenan & Kel (1996-2000) as Kenan Rockmore, Sabrina, the Teenage Witch (1998) as himself, The Parkers (2000) as Damon, Clifford the Big Red Dog (2003) as Hamburger, Saturday Night Live (from 2003) as various, Wild ‘N Out (2005, 2018) as himself, Crank Yankers (2007) as Mark Thomas, The Mighty B! (2008) as Rocky Rhodes, Sit Down, Shut Up (2009) as Sue Sezno, The ’90s Are All That (2011) as the host, The Awesomes (2013-2015) as Austin “Impresario” Sullivan, The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon (2015) as Lester Oakes, F Is for Family (2015) in Additional Voices, Maya & Marty (2016) as Various roles, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (2016, 2019) as Roland, Match Game (2017-2019) as Himself /Panelist, Double Dare (2018) as himself, The Masked Singer (2019) as himself, and Scooby-Doo and Guess Who? (2019) as himself
As a Singer
Kenan Thompson has performed several songs on Saturday Night Live which include O-o-h Child, So Far Away, All I Want for Christmas Is Booty, That’s What Friends Are For, The Health Care Boogie, You’ve Got to Hide Your Love Away, Gwyneth Paltrow‘s Song from ‘Glee’, Thank You For Being A Friend, Oompa Loompa, Doompa-Dee-Do, We Wish You a Merry Christmas, Tom Brady’s Falafel City, The Super Bowl Shuffle, Where Is the Love?, Let’s Get It Started, Can’t Take My Eyes off of You, Crazy, Billie Jean, O Holy Night, First Love, Rollerskate Love, With You, Hearts Will Survive, and Turn it Up.
He has also performed on shows such as Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, Psych, and All That.
Kenan Thompson made his first theatrical film appearance as Russ Tyler in the sports comedy-drama movie, D2: The Mighty Ducks, in 1994.
As a voice actor, he made his first theatrical film appearance by providing vocals to the character of Ringmaster in the animated adventure comic science fiction movie, Space Chimps, in 2008.
First TV Show
Kenan Thompson made his first TV show appearance performing various roles in an episode of the family sketch comedy show, All That, in 1994.
As a voice actor, he made his first TV show appearance by voicing the character of Hamburger in an episode, titled Food for Thought /Friends Forever, of the animated educational comedy children’s series, Clifford the Big Red Dog, in 2003.
He went through a weight-loss program before he was cast in the lead role in Fat Albert.
Kenan Thompson Favorite Things
- Character – Pierre Escargot
Source – IMDb
Kenan Thompson Facts
- He grew up in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Kenan Thompson was cast in a school play titled The Gingerbread Duck. This was his first significant acting work.
- He started acting at the age of 15.
- During the initial phase of his career, he worked as an entertainment reporter for CNN’s “Real News for Kids”.
- He secured a part in a movie while he was studying at Tri-Cities High School. That, D2: The Mighty Ducks, was his first movie.
- Kenan Thompson was cast as several characters such as Principal Pimpell, Miss Piddlin, and Superdude in the TV sketch comedy series, All That.
- When he joined the cast of the late-night live television variety show, Saturday Night Live, in 2003, he became the first SNL cast member to be born after its premiere in 1975.
- In 2013, Kenan Thompson asked the Saturday Night Live team to hire black women to play the roles as he himself did not want to do them anymore.
- As of March 2019, he was the longest-tenured cast member in the Saturday Night Live‘s history, after appearing in 16 seasons of the show. The record was previously held by actor, stand-up comedian, and impressionist, Darrell Hammond, who appeared on the show for a total of 14 seasons from 1995 to 2009.
- Kenan Thompson has also performed the most celebrity impressions, amounting to a total of 129, on the Saturday Night Live. Previously, the record was held by Darrell Hammond who had performed 107 celebrity impressions.
- The very first impression that Kenan Thompson did on Saturday Night Live was that of the stand-up comedian, actor, musician, and author, Bill Cosby.
- He broke the record of actor and comedian, Tim Meadows, to become the longest-serving African-American cast member of Saturday Night Live. Tim Meadows had previously been a part of the show for 10 seasons from 1991 to 2000.
- In the 2013–14 season of Saturday Night Live, after the departure of Seth Meyers, Kenan Thompson became the most senior cast member.
- He is a big fan of the Atlanta Falcons.
- He is friends with actor, stand-up comedian, musician, singer, and rapper, Kel Mitchell, and his best friend is actor, rapper, singer, producer, and television host, Nick Cannon.
- Kenan Thompson and actress Corri English share the same birth date as well as the birthplace.
- As a producer, he has worked on a couple of projects like The Kenan Show, Master Maggie, Buccaneer Galaxy, and Wieners.
- He also wrote an episode, titled Who Loves Who-ooh?, of the teen sitcom, Kenan & Kel.
- Kenan had hosted the 2021 Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards.
- In November 2021, he was announced as the host of the 2021 People’s Choice Awards.
Featured Image by Daniel Arnold / Flickr / CC BY 3.0