LeBron Raymone James
LBJ, King James
Akron, Ohio, USA
He has lived at places like Cleveland, Miami, and Akron in the past.
LeBron played AAU for the Northeast Ohio Shooting Stars.
He attended the St. Vincent-St. Mary High School, a school that was actually a white private one.
He didn’t attend any college, as he had entered the NBA draft and was chosen by the Cleveland Cavaliers as the first pick.
Professional basketball player
- Father – Anthony McClelland
- Mother – Gloria Marie James
- Siblings – He is an only child
Shooting Guard, Shooting Forward
6 ft 8 in or 203 cm
238 lbs or 108 kg
Girlfriend / Spouse
LeBron James dated –
- Adrienne Bailon (2003-2004) – Back in May 2003, LeBron started dating the American actress, Adrienne Bailon. After spending several months together, the two got engaged on December 23, 2003. Their engaged status lasted for a very short period as they split up in February, the following year in 2004.
- Meagan Good (2004) – Back in 2004, there were RUMOURs, that linked the professional basketball player with the American actress, Meagan Good. The RUMOURs said that these two had an encounter together.
- Amber Rose (2010) – In January of the year 2010, LeBron dated the ex. pole dancer, actor, and model, the well known, Amber Rose. Both of them were in a relationship until March 2010, after that, they parted ways.
- Carmen Ortega (2012) – Lebron had a brief affair with the attractive American model, Carmen Ortega back in 2012.
- Savannah Brinson (2000–Present) – LeBron and his current wife, Savannah Brinson met each other in high school, back in 2000. Ever since they were high school sweethearts. Although LeBron had several encounters and was dating other women, these two stayed together and got engaged on December 31, 2011, and got married on September 14, 2013. LeBron and Savannah have 3 children, the sons LeBron James, Jr (born – October 6, 2004) and Bryce Maximus (born – June 14, 2007) and daughter Zhuri (born – October 22, 2014).
Race / Ethnicity
LeBron’s body specifications may be –
- Chest – 46 in or 117 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 17 in or 43 cm
- Waist – 36 in or 91.5 cm
15 (US) or 14 (UK) or 48 (EU)
He has signed contracts with Audemars Piguet, Dunkin’ Brands, McDonald’s, Nike, Coca-Cola, State Farm, and Samsung.
He appeared in many commercials for Sprite, Powerade, Nike, Monopoly game promotion and Samsung.
He appeared in print ads for Nike and Nikebasketball.com, Glaceau’s Vitamin Water, etc.
Best Known For
He is the two-time NBA champion, for two years in a row, with the Miami Heat. He is considered as one of the best players that has ever played in the hardest basketball league in the world i.e. the NBA.
LeBron, many times, has been compared with the one and only “His Airness” Michael Jordan, despite the fact, he has a long journey to go through to win 4 more championships and reach Jordan, who has 6.
Great Athletic Ability – Probably, the best athlete in the whole NBA league, thanks to his great Vertical Jump and Speed numbers.
Massive Strong Build – The well-known basketball skill trainer, Ganon Baker once said that playing against LeBron is a total “nightmare.” He said so as he had once broken his finger when he accidentally stuck against LeBron’s body. In Baker’s own words –
“His body is like a steel, it’s so massive and strong.”
Great footwork – His footwork is so great, his steps are soft and he always knows, where to land after a layup or a dunk. This is the thing that actually keeps him injury free and makes him the wealthiest player in the whole NBA league.
Sick work ethic – He is considered as one of the hardest working basketball players.
Need to be more clutch – Lebron has been shy of taking the late-game responsibility for a long time, and this is the reason, why for many people, who watch the NBA, LeBron can’t be compared to Kobe Bryant or Michael Jordan.
Needs to improve his shooting ability – LeBron isn’t considered as a great shooter by a lot of people. This is because there have been many games, where he shoots 10 of 26, and on the other side, there are very few games, where he shoots 12 of 17.
LeBron appeared in his documentary movie More Than a Game in the year 2008.
The documentary is about LeBron’s friends and his basketball journey starting from the point when they were playing AAU together to the point, where all of them started to play basketball on a professional level.
First TV Show
He first appeared on television back in the year 1993 as a guest on the Late Show with David Letterman.
First NBA Appearance
His NBA debut was back in 2003, at the Arco Arena in Sacramento, where he played against the Sacramento Kings. LeBron’s team Cleveland Cavaliers lost the game by fourteen and 106-92 was the end result. LeBron played for good 42 minutes and scored 25 points in all.
LeBron’s personal trainer is Mike Mancias.
LBJ does many different types of training. He often does circuit training because that keeps him in the best shape for his basketball game and also builds the needed endurance in his muscles. Thanks to this, James can even push the sled with 30 kg on it. You can also see him do kettlebell exercises, weighted rope exercises, pull-ups, medicine ball throws, and much more.
He loves doing Yoga and works in the swimming pool, as these things help him relax his muscles and also provide great recovery for his body.
You can check the following videos, to see some of LeBron’s workout.
Lebron James Achievements
- 2× NBA Champion (2012–2013)
- 2× NBA Finals MVP (2012–2013)
- 4× NBA Most Valuable Player (2009–2010,2012–2013)
- NBA scoring champion (2008)
- Cleveland Cavaliers all-time leading scorer
- 3× Ohio Mr. Basketball (2001–2003)
- 11× NBA All-Star (2005–2015)
- 2× NBA All-Star Game MVP (2006, 2008)
- 8× All-NBA First Team (2006, 2008–2014)
- 2× All-NBA Second Team (2005, 2007)
- 5× NBA All-Defensive First Team (2009–2013)
- NBA All-Defensive Second Team (2014)
- NBA Rookie of the Year (2004)
- NBA All-Rookie First Team (2004)
- AP Athlete of the Year (2013)
- USA Basketball Male Athlete of the Year (2012)
- Naismith Prep Player of the Year (2003)
- McDonald’s All-American Game MVP (2003)
You may want to check more stats…
LeBron James Favorite Things
- Food – Turkey, cereal, shrimp
- Color – Blue
- TV Show – Martin
- Rapper – Jay-Z, Drake
- Basketball Player – Michael Jordan, Allen Iverson
- Teammate – Dwyane Wade, Anderson Varejao
- Sport – Baseball and Basketball
- Football Club – FC Liverpool
- Music – Hip-hop / Rap
- Shoe – Soldier 7s and 11s
- Actress – Jennifer Lawrence, Jennifer Aniston
- Video Game – NBA 2k14
- Cartoon – Tom and Jerry
- Basketball Moment – Winning a championship
- Quote – Man In The Arena
Source – Storify.com, ask.com
LeBron James Facts
- During his childhood, LeBron and his mother were moving from apartment to apartment because she couldn’t find a steady work.
- Eventually, James’ mother Gloria, moved him to the family of Frank Walker, who was a local football coach. It was Frank, who actually introduced James to the game of basketball.
- James also played football, while he was in high school.
- He is often called the “L-train.”
- LeBron has purchased stakes in the English football club, Liverpool.
- LBJ is a democrat and is a supporter of the president, Barack Obama.
- Eddie Jackson, who was LeBron’s surrogate father, spent three years in jail for cocaine trafficking.
- LeBron has never met his true biological father.
- He used to smoke marijuana as a teenager.
- LeBron is the highest paid basketball player in the world.
- James has five medals with the US national basketball team, 3 gold and 2 bronze. He archived one gold during the Olympic games in Beijing in 2008, second during the Olympic games in London 2012, and one in the FIBA Americas Championship in 2007. He achieved the bronze medals in Athens back in 2004 and in Japan in 2006.
- He owned a very small amount of stake in Beats Electronics, which was later sold to Apple, Inc.
- LeBron shoots with his right hand but eats and writes with his left hand.
- In 2008, he scored 50 points and had 10 assists in the game against the New York Knicks. With that performance, he joined Michael Jordan and Stephon Marbury as one of the only three players, that has done that since 1976.
- During the 2009 – 2010 season, he broke Kobe Bryant’s record for the youngest player to score 15,000 points.
- LBJ is a great fan of Ohio State Buckeyes.
- He has a tattoo on his arm, of his mother Gloria.
- In 2014, the Forbes magazine named him “Most Powerful Athlete.”
- The king has his own website, which you can check @ www.lebronjames.com.
- You can follow LBJ on his Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and Google+.