King Roger, Federer Express, Maestro, RF, El reloj suizo, Der Künstler
He dropped out of school at the age of 16.
Professional tennis player
Grand Slams Won
Federer has won –
- US Open – (2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008)
- Wimbledon – (2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012)
- Australian Open – (2004, 2006, 2007, 2010)
- French Open – (2009)
- Father – Robert Federer
- Mother – Lynette Federer
- Siblings – Diana (Older Sister)
Roger’s agent is Tony Godsick.
Their relationship goes back to the time when Roger started playing professional tennis. They established an athlete Management Company together, which is called Team8.
6 ft 1 in or 185 cm
187 lbs or 85 kg
- Miroslava Vavrinec (2000 – Present) – Roger met Miroslava back in the year 2000, at the Olympics in Sydney. Both of them were competing for their country Switzerland. Miroslava is a former player of the Women’s Tennis Association, who got injured in one of the tournaments and so, she retired in 2002. Miroslava and Roger were in a relationship for 9 years until April 11, 2009, when they finally got married. On July 23, 2009, Miroslava gave birth to the couple’s first pair of twin girls, Myla Rose and Charlene Riva, and then on May 6, 2014, she gave birth to another pair of twins, this time boys, named, Leo and Lenny.
Race / Ethnicity
Roger has Swiss, South – African, Dutch and French ancestry.
- Specific face
- Very calm
- Great sportsmanship
Roger’s body specifications like chest, arms, and waist measurements aren’t known.
12 (US) or 11 (UK) or 46.5 (EU)
Roger has signed sponsorship contracts with brands like Nike, Rolex, Wilson, Gillette, Mercedes-Benz, Jura, Credit Suisse, Nationale Suisse, NetJets and others.
Roger has appeared in many commercials; you can check the full list on this YouTube channel.
Roger was raised Roman Catholic.
He once met Pope Benedict XVI, while he was playing on the Internazionali BNL d’Italia tournament in Italy, back in the year 2006.
Best Known For
He is considered to be the greatest tennis player, who has ever lived.
Roger is known for holding the record of most weeks spent on the number 1 spot at the ATP list (302 weeks), and also for winning 17 Grand Slam titles in all, till now.
Roger hasn’t appeared in a movie yet.
In the period from 1991 until present, Roger had been coached by various trainers, starting from Adolf Kacovsky back in 1991, then Peter Carter (1991-2000), Peter Lundgren (2000-2003), Tony Roche (2006-2007), Jose Higueras (2008), Paul Annacone (2010-2013), Severin Luthi (2013-2014) and the last one, Stefan Edberg, who coached Federer in 2014.
You can check Federer’s workout routine HERE.
Roger Federer Favorite Things
- Cuisine / Food – Italian, Japanese, Rosti, Fondue, Raclette
- Car – Mercedes – Benz
- City – Rome
- Movie – Good Will Hunting (1997)
- Number – Eight
- Vacation Place – Sardinia, Miami
- Pre-match Meal – Pasta, chicken salad, fruits
- Song – Fly Away (By Lenny Kravitz)
- Favorite Dubai Restaurant – LA Petite Maison
- Labels – Louis Vuitton
- Athlete – Zinedine Zidane
- Favorite Football Club – FC Basel
Roger Federer Facts
- At the age of 11, Federer was among the top 3 junior tennis players in Switzerland.
- In 2003, he became the first Swiss tennis player to win a Grand Slam.
- He is the only player to win Wimbledon and U.S open for three straight years.
- At the age of 8, he played soccer.
- Boris Becker and Stefan Edberg are Federer’s all-time favorite players.
- At the age of 14, Roger became national junior tennis champion of Switzerland.
- Federer held the first spot on the ATP list from 2004 to 2008.
- Roger has his own Roger Federer Foundation, which helps with providing grants to poor countries, where the child mortality rates are more than 15 percent. His foundation is donating for sports based and education projects.
- He loves playing basketball and golf. In one of the interviews, he said that if he had the opportunity to play another sport, he would choose basketball.
- Roger is friends with golf star, Tiger Woods, and tennis fellow, Stan Wawrinka.
- He knows how to play the piano.
- Federer loves American professional wrestling.
- One of Roger’s best friends is the NHL star Ziggy Palffy.
- Roger has won a gold medal for Switzerland playing in doubles, during the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing.
- He was a part of the Switzerland team that won the 2014 Davis Cup.
- Roger won a silver medal in the singles category during the Olympic games held in London in 2012.
- He has his own website @ rogerfederer.com.
- You can follow Roger on his Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and Google+.