|Mirka Federer Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||April 1, 1978|
Mirka Federer is a Swiss former professional tennis player who was adept at both the singles and the doubles formats of the sport having been rated as high as world number 76 in singles in September 2001 and world number 214 in doubles in August 1998, as per the official WTA (Women’s Tennis Association) rankings. At Grand Slam tournaments, in the singles format, her best performance was reaching the 3rd round of the 2001 US Open. On the ITF (International Tennis Federation) Circuit, she had won 3 singles titles – ITF Tel Aviv (1997), ITF Klosters (1997), and ITF Clearwater (1999); and a solitary doubles title – ITF Langenthal (1993). She had retired from professional tennis in 2002 due to a persistent foot injury. At the time of her retirement, she was ranked within the ‘Top 100’ of the WTA singles rankings.
Bojnice, Trenčín, Slovakia
Bottmingen, Arlesheim, Switzerland
Professional Tennis Player (Retired)
- Others – Robert Federer (Father-in-Law), Lynette Federer (née Durand) (Mother-in-Law), Diana Federer (Sister-in-Law) (Nurse), Benedikt Anton Federer (Grandfather-in-Law), Maria Katharina Inauen (Grandmother-in-Law), Jacobus Albertus Durand (Grandfather-in-Law), Vera Meyer (Grandmother-in-Law)
Right-Handed (Two-Handed Backhand)
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
63 kg or 139 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Mirka has dated –
- Roger Federer (2000-Present) – Mirka had first met fellow professional tennis player Roger Federer at the 2000 Sydney Olympics where they were both representing Switzerland. They began dating soon after and eventually got married on April 11, 2009, at the Wenkenhof Villa in Riehen, a municipality in the canton of Basel-Stadt in Switzerland. The ceremony was attended by a small group of close friends and family. On July 23, 2009, Mirka gave birth to a pair of identical twin girls named Myla Rose Federer and Charlene Riva Federer. On May 6, 2014, she gave birth to another pair of twins, this time fraternal boys, named Leo Federer and Lenny Federer.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Swiss-Slovakian descent.
She often tends to dye her hair blonde.
- Toned physique
- Center-parted, shoulder-length, wavy hair
- Charming smile
- Gleaming face
Mirka Federer Favorite Things
- Tennis Shots – Serve, Volley
- Tennis Surface – Hard
Source – WTA Tennis
Mirka Federer Facts
- Born Miroslava Vavrincová, she changed her name to Miroslava Vavrinec during her youth and was affectionately known as Mirka on the tennis circuit.
- Born in Bojnice, Slovakia, which was then a part of Czechoslovakia, she and her family had emigrated to Switzerland when she was 2 years old.
- When she was about 9 years old, her father had taken her to watch a tennis tournament in Filderstadt, a town in the district of Esslingen in Baden-Württemberg in southern Germany. There, she had an opportunity to meet legendary professional tennis player Martina Navratilova.
- Martina had suggested to Mirka’s father that the young girl should try her hand at tennis as she felt that she was quite athletic. Martina had later even sent her a racquet and arranged for her first tennis lesson.
- In 2002, she and her then-boyfriend Roger Federer had teamed up to participate in the Hopman Cup, an international 8-team indoor hard court tennis tournament that features mixed-gender teams on a country-by-country basis.
- After her retirement from the sport in 2002, due to a persistent foot injury, she had taken on the role of Roger’s public relations manager. She began to travel with him on tour and was often seen attending his matches, a habit that continued throughout the rest of the 2000s and the 2010s.
Featured Image by Mirka Federer / Instagram