|Kel Mitchell Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||August 25, 1978|
Kel Mitchell is a familiar face for all the Nickelodeon fans. By entertaining his young fans, Kel has taken up a huge responsibility of helping out young kids in schools by mentoring them to be the future leaders by making positive choices in their lives with faith. He is also a man of many talents. From rapping to writing his own songs to playing various roles to serving his community, there is no stopping this man driven with purpose.
Kel Johari Rice Mitchell
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
There is no information available about Kel’s academic qualifications.
Actor, Stand-Up Comedian, Musician, Singer, Rapper, Host, Philanthropist
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Kyra Mitchell, Kenyatta Mitchell
Kel Mitchell is managed by –
- Stephanie Nese or Alex Goodman for Management /Stand-up Comedy of Levity Entertainment Group, Los Angeles, California, U.S.
- Kerri Boyd for Television Hosting /Unscripted TV of AKA Talent Agency, Los Angeles, California, U.S.
- Dean Panaro for Voice-Over Bookings of Abrams Artist Agency, Los Angeles, California, U.S.
- Clive Ennis for Road Management /Speaking Engagements of C Anthony Entertainment Agency, Atlanta, Georgia, U.S.
- Caitlin Scott for Media /Publicity /Interview of PMK•BNC, Los Angeles, California, U.S.
Rap, Pop, Christian
5 ft 8 in or 172.5 cm
72 kg or 158.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Kel Mitchell has dated –
- Tyisha Hampton (1999-2005) – In 1999, Kel married actress and writer Tyisha Hampton. However, after 6 years of marriage, they divorced in 2005. They share 2 children – daughter Allure Mitchell (born 2004) and son Lyric Mitchell (born 2005).
- Asia Lee (2012-Present) – In 2012, Kel got married for the second time to the rapper Asia Lee. In July 2017, they were blessed with a beautiful daughter, Wisdom Mitchell. After the birth of his child, Kel said that he was “grateful and happy”, adding that, prayers do get answered.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-American descent.
- Short shaved hair
- French beard
- High cheekbone
Kel Mitchell has done endorsement work for the brands like –
- Philly Comic-Con
He is a converted Christian who, according to him, was earlier living a sinful life.
Best Known For
- His versatile roles in numerous Nickelodeon comedy series like All That (1994–1999), Kenan & Kel (1996–2000), Figure It Out (1998–1999), Wild Grinders (2012–2015), Sam & Cat (2013), The Thundermans (2014), and Game Shakers
- His other characters in movies including the Invisible Boy in Mystery Men (1999), Ed in Good Burger (1007), etc.
- He has also lent his voice to many characters like T-Bone in Clifford the Big Red Dog (2000–2003) and Dutch in Motorcity (2012)
As a Singer
As a singer, he has performed at various levels such as for films like Good Burger (1997) in which he performed We’re All Dudes and in Mystery Men (1999), in which he sang Who Are Those Mystery Men along with his rapper friends.
In 1997, he made his theatrical film debut as Ed in the comedy family film Good Burger.
First TV Show
In 1994, he made his first TV show appearance on the comedy family music series All That.
Kel Mitchell works out regularly. More than often, he has shared his workout videos on Instagram. His workout includes a mixed range of exercises for strength and flexibility like working on bars, bench press, heavy medicine ball workout and working on core.
He likes to incorporate different types of equipment in his workout. He keeps himself motivated to work out every day by maintaining a diary, where he attempts to better his workout routine the next training day.
As for his diet, Kel consumes foods with high nutrients. He focuses on consuming 90% nutrient-rich plant foods and he also loves quinoa.
View this post on Instagram
Core burn!?#medicineballchallenge try it out and let me know how you like it!! ?? s/o to my fam @confusedmuscles for always pushing me to new levels of fitness! ???#workout #youwannaworkout #squad #teamJesus #teamfaith #confusedmuscle #kelmitchell #Gogetthemblessings #stillAllThat
Kel Mitchell Favorite Things
- Restaurant In Chicago – Taurus Flavors
- Places To Go To In Chicago – Field Museum, Lake Shore Drive
Source – Chicago Tribune
Kel Mitchell Facts
- He grew up in the neighborhood of Austin, in the city’s West Side.
- He loves writing music and drawing.
- At the age of 12, he began acting as a member of the ETA Creative Arts Foundation.
- At the age of 14, he got the opportunity to be on the Nickelodeon’s kid show.
- When he was 13, he joined MWAH! (Messages Which Are Hopeful) group based in Chicago, Illinois, as one of its original members.
- In 1975, he auditioned for Saturday Night Live TV show but did not get the part.
- He was the luggage collecting hotel valet in Kanye West music video All Falls Down (2004).
- Then in 2017, in Khalid’s music video for the song Young Dumb & Broke, he was featured as a cook.
- Kel has written and directed the short film She Is Not My Sister (2012) and has also co-written and co-produced Dance Fu (2011).
- He has done parodies of many hit songs including songs by Prince, 50 Cent, Michael Jackson, and more on a DVD called Kel Videos Live.
- In 2009, Kel directed the music video Let You Go performed by pop artist Colby O’Donis.
- He is associated with several organizations as their spokesperson such as NCCSA: National Center for Child Safety and Awareness, The Boys & Girls Club, The National College Association, Best After School Enrichment Program, Young Visionaries, and Black Carson Chambers of Commerce.
- He has hosted the web-series called Ask Pastor Zeigler with his Pastor from Spirit Food Christian Center Church and has also co-hosted Dance 360 with Fredro Starr in 2004.
- Kel and his wife, Asia, produce a live dance competition called The Back House Party every month in Compton, California for which they were honored with Carson Black Chambers of Commerce award.
- In 1997, he got the Cable Ace Award for Best Actor in a comedy series for Nickelodeon’s Kenan and Kel.
- While in 1999, he won the Kids Choice Award for Best Actor in a comedy series for All That and Kenan and Kel.
- Visit his official website @ kelmitchell.net.
- Follow Kel Mitchell on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Jennifer Johnson / Instagram