David Jude Heyworth Law
Lewisham, London, England, UK
Jude attended John Ball Primary School in Blackheath and Kidbrooke School.
He also went to Alleyn’s School in Dulwich, south London.
Actor, film producer, and director
- Father – Peter Robert Law (Comprehensive School Teacher)
- Mother – Margaret Anne (née Heyworth) (Comprehensive School Teacher)
- Siblings – Natasha Law (Older Sister) (Painter and Graphic Designer)
Both his mom and dad were orphans.
Jude is represented by these agencies –
- Julian Belfrage Associates
- William Morris Endeavor Entertainment
5 ft 11½ in or 182 cm
87 kg or 192 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jude Law dated –
- Sadie Frost (1995-2003) – In March 1995, Jude Law started dating actress Sadie Frost who is about 8 years his senior. They met while they were working on the film Shopping. The actors got married on September 2, 1997, and after 6 years of marriage, the couple got divorced on October 29, 2003. The couple has three children – son Rafferty (b. 1996), daughter Iris (b. 2000), and son Rudy (b. 2002).
- Pearl Lowe (2001) – In 2001, he hooked up with a fashion designer Pearl Lowe. He was on a Greek holiday with his then wife Sadie Frost, Pearl Lowe and Lowe’s boyfriend Danny Goffey. Sadie performed a striptease in front of the two men and then suggested a wife swapping session. Everybody agreed.
- Scarlett Johansson (2003) – In 2003, Jude was RUMORed to have hooked up with American actress, Scarlett Johansson.
- Nicole Kidman (2003) – For a couple of months in 2003, he was RUMORed to be dating Australian actress, Nicole Kidman.
- Sienna Miller (2003-2006; 2009-2011) – Alfie co-stars, Sienna Miller and Jude started dating in December 2003 and on December 25, 2004, they got engaged. Law started an affair with his children’s nanny while he was still in a relationship with Sienna. Later, it came into notice that Sienna was also dating Daniel Craig at that time. The couple finally called it quits in November 2006. They reconciled again in December 2009. They spent their time together during Christmas 2009 at Barbados along with Jude’s three children. Again, they split in February 2011.
- Daisy Wright (2005) – Jude dated his children’s nanny, Daisy Wright in early 2005 for which apologized publicly in July 2005.
- Cameron Diaz (2006-2007) – He was RUMORed to be dating actress Cameron Diaz nearing 2006 and 2007.
- Natalie Portman (2007) – They were seen leaving a party together and were RUMORed to be dating each other in early 2007.
- Lindsay Lohan (2007) – In March 2007, actress Lindsay Lohan and Jude were RUMORed to be dating together.
- Kim Hersov (2007) – Fashion editor, Kim Hersov and Jude were together for a month from March 2007 to April 2007.
- Susan Hoecke (2007) – Starting from August 2007, German actress Susan Hoecke and Jude dated for a couple of months.
- Samantha Burke (2008) – American model Samantha Burke and Jude Law were romantically linked to each other in the summer of 2008. From Samantha, Jude has a child, his fourth, daughter named, Sophia who was born in September 2009.
- Kimberly Stewart (2008) – American model, reality star, socialite and fashion designer, Kimberly Stewart had a fling with Jude in May 2008.
- Lily Cole (2008) – In 2008, model, actress, and businesswoman Lily Cole was seen leaving Jude’s apartment and then on a couple of dates after that. The relationship is still a RUMOR as it was never confirmed.
- Sophie Monk (2009) – In 2009, he was RUMORed to be dating Australian actress, Sophie Monk.
- Ruth Wilson (2012-2014) – In March 2012, he started dating another actress, Ruth Wilson after meeting her at “Anna Christie” play at the Donmar Warehouse in London. They dated for two years before calling it quits in February 2014.
- Alicia Rountree (2013) – Mauritian model and businesswoman, Alicia Rountree and Jude had a short romance in mid-2013.
- Linda Zimany (2014) – In April 2014, he had a fling with Hungarian adult / glamour model, Linda Zimany. She is about 13 years his junior.
- Catherine Harding (2014) – Jude Law then dated Catherine Harding for a couple of months in 2014. Catherine gave birth to Jude’s 5th child, a daughter in March 2015.
- Phillipa Coan (2015-Present) – In 2015, Jude started dating psychologist Phillipa Coan. In May 2015, the rumors of them dating started surfacing the internet. They are still going strong in 2019 as well.
Race / Ethnicity
- Bold Green eyes
- Rich smooth voice
Jude Law’s body specifications may be –
- Chest – 44 in or 112 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 15 in or 38 cm
- Waist – 35 in or 89 cm
His shoe size is not known.
Jude appeared in commercials for “Dior Homme Sport” men’s fragrance in 2009, Johnnie Walker’s Blue Label, etc.
He also appeared in PSA for Respect for Animals, UK in 2007.
In 2008, Law was seen in Dunhill luxury goods for men.
He is non-religious.
Best Known For
Playing Dickie Greenleaf in the psychological thriller film The Talented Mr. Ripley (1999), as Gigolo Joe in the science fiction film A.I. Artificial Intelligence (2001), W.P. Inman in the Cold Mountain (2003), as Harlen Maguire in the Road to Perdition (2002), as Dr. John Watson in the Sherlock Holmes film series.
He first appeared in the 1989 film The Tailor of Gloucester for his role as Sam, Mayor’s Stableboy. It was an ITV Christmas Special broadcast.
First TV Show
In 1990, Jude appeared in the ITV’s daytime soap opera Families for his role as Nathan Thompson.
For playing the title role in the 2013 film Dom Hemingway, Jude had to gain 30 pounds. So, he stopped doing exercising and started eating all the wrong stuff (which he was not supposed to eat otherwise) such as read meat, burgers, ice-creams, steaks, etc. He even drank 10 cokes per day.
When the project ended, he breathe a sigh of relief as he wanted to run and do exercising and started working on his body to lose those extra 30 pounds.
You can also take a look at his workout routine for the 2010 film Repo Men, where he played Remy. He worked with trainer Lisa Twight to get himself in shape. The workout started couple of months before the filming started. His did full body workout and did exercises such as deadlifts, drag chains, pull ups, etc.
Jude Law Favorite Things
- Ice-Cream Flavor – Cookies ‘n cream
- Word – Dad
- Submarine Films – Das Boot, Run Silent Run Deep, Gray Lady Down
Jude Law Facts
- Jude Law was named after considering the Beatles song “Hey Jude” and also the book “Jude the Obscure.”
- In 2015, Jude’s oldest son Rafferty was included in the list of GQ’s 50 best dressed British men.
- A band named, Brand New featured a song on his name which is “Jude Law and a Semester Abroad.”
- He is good friends with actress Rachel Weisz and Andrea Logiudice.
- His first name is the German word for “Jew.” But, he is not a Jewish.
- For the 1999 film The Talented Mr. Ripley, he learned to play saxophone.
- He was formerly a partner in the production company Natural Nylon.
- Jude was dropped out of the movie From Hell (2001).
- Jonny Lee Miller and Ewan McGregor were his former roommates.
- At 17, Jude dropped out of school so that he could appear in TV series Families (1990).
- In 2004, he was titled People Magazine’s “Sexiest Man Alive.”
- In the 2013 film Iron Man Three, he was first considered to play the role of Aldrich Killian. But, after he turned it down, it went to Aldrich Guy Pearce.
- At one point of time, his dad became the youngest headmaster in London.
- In 2002, when he played the title role in the play Doctor Faustus, he was injured thrice including a blood infection in the leg.
- He is avid fan of Tottenham Hotspur football club.
- Jude is not on social media.