|Tim Allen Quick Info
|5 ft 10½ in
|Date of Birth
|June 13, 1953
Tim Allen is an American actor and comedian who is best known for portraying roles such as Tim “The Toolman” Taylor on Home Improvement and Mike Baxter on the Last Man Standing. He has also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as Reno 911!, Hot Country Nights, and Galaxy Quest. Tim has also done voiceover work in films and TV shows such as Toy Story 2, Cars, Toy Story 3, Ralph Breaks the Internet, The Wonderful World of Disney, and Spin City. He has won numerous awards such as the People’s Choice Awards, Kids’ Choice Awards, and TV Guide Awards.
Timothy Allen Dick
Tim Allen, The Tool Man, The Outdoor Man
Denver, Colorado, United States
Tim Allen went to Seaholm High School in Birmingham and it was there that he developed his love for acting.
After graduating from high school, he enrolled in Central Michigan University but in 1974, he opted to transfer to Western Michigan University.
In 1976, he graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in communications specializing in television and radio-television production with a split minor in design and philosophy.
Actor, comedian, author
- Father – Gerald M. Dick (Real Estate Agent) (Died in November 1964)
- Mother – Martha Katherine (Community Service Worker)
- Siblings – He has 8 siblings including a younger sister, 2 older brothers, and 2 younger brothers.
Observational comedy, blue comedy, physical comedy, character comedy
5 ft 10½ in or 179 cm
82 kg or 182 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Tim Allen dated –
- Laura Deibel (1978-2003) – According to reports, Tim Allen and Laura Deibel started going out in 1978. She was regular at the amateur stand-up comedy shows Allen was participating in during his struggling days. They got married in April 1984 in a private wedding ceremony. Laura gave birth to a daughter Katherine in 1989. However, their marriage of 19 years ended in 2003 as they mutually agreed to divorce due to irreconcilable differences and share custody of their daughter.
- Jane Hajduk (2002-Present) – During the last days of his crumbling marriage with Laura, he started going out with actress and model Jane Hajduk. By the time, he had divorced his first wife, things had got serious with Jane. After almost five years of dating, they got married in a small private ceremony on October 7, 2006, in Grand Lake Colorado. Their daughter Elizabeth was born in March 2009.
Race / Ethnicity
Salt and Pepper
- Blue Eyes
- Salt and Pepper hair
Tim Allen had a lucrative brand endorsement deal with the motor giant Chevrolet and even gave his voice to the 2011 Chevrolet Cruze advertisement campaign.
He has also lent his voice for the brand promotions campaigns of Pure Michigan and Campbell Soup.
Best Known For
Playing Timothy “Tim” Taylor in the sitcom Home Improvement from 1991 to 1999.
Lending his voice for Buzz Lightyear character in the animated Toy Story series.
Tim Allen’s first appearance in a movie came in the drama film Tropical Snow in 1988 as Baggage Handler.
First TV Show
Allen made his first appearance in a TV show in comedy show ABC TGIF in 1990 as Tim Taylor.
Tim Allen relies on cardio and a combination of weight lifting exercises to stay fit and trim even in advanced age. He also attributes his fitness to consistency and discipline in following the workout set by his trainer.
Tim Allen Favorite Things
- NFL Team – Detroit Lions
- Favorite Part of School – Shop class
- Fast Food – White Castle and Chick-fil-A
- Favorite Movie – The Sound of Music (1965)
Tim Allen Facts
- In November 1964, when Tim was 11 years old, his father died in a car accident.
- Tim Allen was arrested in October 1978 at the Battle Creek Airport while possessing about over 650 grams (1.43 lbs) of cocaine.
- He pleaded guilty to drug trafficking charges in November 1978 and revealed names of other dealers, which helped him get a three to five years sentence instead of life imprisonment.
- In 1998, he was arrested for driving under the influence in Michigan and was later sentenced to one-year probation.
- In 1998, Tim was awarded an honorary fine arts degree and the Distinguished Alumni Award by Western Michigan.
- He has done voiceover work in video games for characters such as Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story 3: The Video Game and Tim “The Tool Man” Taylor in Home Improvement: Power Tool Pursuit.
- Tim was stopped in Birmingham, Michigan with 0.15% blood alcohol content, which got him one-year probation.
- In 1995, he won best television series actor at the Golden Globe Awards for his work in the Home Improvement show.
- In November 1994, he was the star of the highest-grossing movie and top-rated TV series along with being the author of a book that topped the New York Times best-seller list within a space of a week.
- In 2022, Tim reprised his popular role of Scott Calvin/Santa Claus in the Disney+ series The Santa Claus.
- Tim loves motorcycles.
- The book Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance by Robert M. Pirsig changed his life for good.
- Growing up, women strongly influenced his life.
- He is one of the 9 kids.
- When young, he used to work at a sporting goods store.
- Actor Matthew McConaughey was previously his neighbor.
- He is still having the original Tool Time set with him from the show Home Improvement. It is lying in his garage.
- He likes spam.
- Tim likes reading about different religions.
- When he appears on a talk show, he rearranges the furniture in his dressing room.
- Allen likes to study quantum physics.
- If he wasn’t a comedian, he would have been a designer.
- He also wanted to be a semi-truck driver or a bulldozer operator.
- Actor and comedian, Richard Pryor motivated him to choose comedy.
- In her memoir, Love, Pamela, Pamela Anderson had claimed that Tim flashed her on the set of Home Improvement. However, Tim had denied the accusation.
- In December 2023, Tim’s The Santa Clauses‘ co-star Casey Wilson accused him of “rude behavior on set”.