Guy Edward Pearce
Guy, Mike from Neighbours
Ely, Cambridgeshire, UK
Guy went to Geelong College, a local private school. He was also a member of the Geelong Society of Dramatic Arts (GSODA) Junior Players.
Actor and Musician
- Father – Stuart Pearce (RAF Squadron leader and a Hawker Siddeley Harrier Test pilot) (Died in 1973)
- Mother – Anne Pearce (School Teacher)
- Siblings – Tracy Pearce (Older Sister)
- Others – Henry George Pearce (Paternal Grandfather), Margaret Stewart/Stuart Kemp (Paternal Grandmother), Fred Pickering (Maternal Grandfather), Margaret “Peg” Capes (Maternal Grandmother)
Erin Jameson (Jameson & Co.) manages Guy Pearce.
- MGM Distribution
- Vast Image
5 ft 10.5 in or 179 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Guy Pearce has dated –
- Kate Mestitz – Guy first met psychologist Kate when he was just 12 years old in 1980 and after that, they met at the Geelong College and fell in love. The two married in March 1997. They did not have children. After 18 years of marriage, they parted ways amicably in January 2015.
- Carice van Houten (2015-Present) – Guy met Dutch actress and singer Carice at the shooting of movie Brimstone in 2015. Guy was in awe of Carice and called her as being “very talented and very beautiful”. They have been dating ever since then and have a son together named Monte Pearce (b. August 2016).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of English and Scottish descent.
- Broad smile
- Neatly sleeked back hairdo
Guy Pearce was seen in the 1987 Australian TV commercial Match the Stars and Win The Cars.
Guy is interested in religion but not a follower of any particular religion. He has dabbled in Buddhism. He believes religion can be a force for both good and evil.
Best Known For
- His role as Leonard Shelby in the film Memento.
- Playing the role of the outrageous character of Adam Whitely / Felicia Jolly good fellow in the 1994 movie The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert.
- Playing the main character in the Australian TV adaptation of Jack Irish stories.
On November 7, 2014, Guy released his first album Broken Bones which consisted of 10 tracks.
In 1990, Guy made his theatrical film debut as Paul Dysart in an Australian film Heaven Tonight.
First TV Show
In 1986, Guy made his television show debut in the Australian soap opera Neighbours as Mike Young. He appeared in a total of 496 episodes until 1989.
Guy has always been an active person. When he was young, his mother would take him to the gym, where he developed the routine of pumping weights and doing circuit training. By 16, he became a competitive amateur bodybuilder. He even won the title of Junior Mr. Victoria.
Guy regularly hits the gym. He does not have a personal trainer. He also does a lot of Pilates and yoga. Pilates has helped him recover from his back injury. Due to the pressure and demand from directors and producers, Guy has always been working on his body and following diets that have helped his body transform according to the requirements of his role.
Guy Pearce Favorite Things
- Movie – The Elephant Man (1980)
- Role Played By Him – Charlie Burns in “The Proposition”
Source – Rotten Tomatoes, Vulture
Guy Pearce Facts
- He is a jeans and t-shirts kind of a guy and wears clothes that feel right on him.
- He joined a theater group when he was young and appeared in productions such as The King and I, Fiddler on the Road and The Wizard of Oz.
- At one point because of overwork, Guy was not eating right. His diet was breakfast, chocolate during the day and dinner. He met a nutritionist who changed his lifestyle for the best.
- He and his former wife Kate own 2 basenji dogs.
- While in school, he took part in fencing as well.
- He is a huge supporter of the Geelong Football Club and has done several media works for the club.
- In 2009, he performed at the Melbourne Theatre Company’s production of Poor Boy.
- He is a charitable person and supports many organizations related to causes for animal welfare and protection of earth’s ecology.
- Visit his official website @ www.guypearce.net.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Soundcloud.
Featured Image by Angela George / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0