|Patrick Duffy Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||March 17, 1949|
Patrick Duffy is an American actor who is best known for portraying the character of Bobby Ewing in the primetime soap opera Dallas (1978-1985; 1986-1991). He is also well recognized for playing Frank Lambert in the sitcom Step by Step (1991-1998) and Stephen Logan in the daytime soap opera The Bold and the Beautiful (2006-2011).
Patrick Garfield Duffy
Pat, The Duffster, The Duff Man, Paddy
Townsend, Broadwater County, Montana, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Patrick had graduated, in 1967, from the Cascade High School in Everett, Washington. He had then attended the University of Washington from where he had graduated with a degree in drama in 1971. He had also earned enough credentials in theater arts that had made him eligible to teach there.
- Father – Terence Duffy (Tavern Owner) (d. November 18, 1986)
- Mother – Marie Duffy (Tavern Owner) (d. November 18, 1986)
- Siblings – Joanne Hunt (Older Sister) (Retired Police Officer)
- Others – Emily Kosloski (Daughter-in-Law) (Actress), Emily Cutler (Daughter-in-Law) (TV Producer), Barry Zito (Nephew) (Former Professional Baseball Player), Roberta Zito (née Rosser) (Sister-in-Law) (d. 2008), Fiona Lee Duffy (Granddaughter), Maxwell Robert Duffy (Grandson)
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
84 kg or 185 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Patrick has dated –
- Carlyn Rosser (1974–2017) – Patrick had married professional ballerina Carlyn Rosser, 10 years his senior, on February 15, 1974. They were together until her death in January 2017. They had 2 sons together named Padraic Terrence Duffy (b. 1974) and Conor Duffy (b. January 16, 1980) (Actor).
- Linda Purl (2020–Present)
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Irish descent.
- Lanky frame
- Often sports a thick mustache
- Affable smile
- Often sports a Mullett
- Center-parted, wavy hair
Patrick has been featured in the TV commercials for –
- Taco Bell (1976)
- Turbo Track with Suzanne Somers
- Miracle-Ear Digital Hearing Aids (2010)
He has also hosted infomercials for –
- ‘Supreme Pilates’ fitness system with Elle Macpherson and Ellen Croft (2006)
- ‘Winsor Pilates’ fitness system with Daisy Fuentes and Mari Winsor (2006)
Patrick Duffy Facts
- He had wanted to be a professional athlete as a child and had become a certified scuba diver in his teenage years.
- During his senior year in college, he had ruptured both his vocal cords, and consequently, he had been forced to work as an interpreter for ballet, opera, and orchestra companies in and around Washington, instead of regular acting work. He also used to teach mime and movement classes during this time.
- In parallel with his acting career, he had also dabbled in singing. In 1983, he had released a duet titled Together We’re Strong with French singer Mireille Mathieu. The track had peaked at number 5 in the Netherlands in April that year.
- Both his parents were murdered in November 1986 at their Montana tavern during an armed robbery. The culprits, Kenneth Miller and Sean Wentz, who were both teenagers at that time, were convicted and sentenced to 75 years in prison. In 2001, Sean had recanted his original story by stating that he was the sole gunman in the incident. Kenneth was consequently granted clemency later that year but was released on parole only in December 2007. Sean was granted parole in 2015.
Featured Image by Patrick Duffy / Instagram