|Suzanne Somers Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||October 16, 1946|
Suzanne Somers is an American actress, author, singer, businesswoman, and health spokesperson who had appeared in numerous films and TV series in the 1970s and 1980s. She is most well recognized for her portrayal of Chrissy Snow in the sitcom Three’s Company (1977–1981). In the latter half of her career, she ran a successful business built around organic wellness and skincare products. She has also authored/co-authored several books including Wednesday’s Children: Adult Survivors of Abuse Speak Out (1992), Suzanne Somers’ Eat Great, Lose Weight (1996), Ageless: The Naked Truth About Bioidentical Hormones (2006), Breakthrough: 8 Steps to Wellness: Life-Altering Secrets From Today’s Cutting-Edge Doctors (2008), The S*xy Forever Food Bible (2011), and Bombshell: Explosive Medical Secrets That Will Redefine Aging (2012).
Suzanne Marie Mahoney
Suzy, The Queen of the Jiggles
San Bruno, San Mateo County, California, United States
She splits her time between Malibu, Los Angeles County, California, United States, and Palm Springs, Riverside County, California, United States.
Suzanne had attended the Capuchino High School in her hometown of San Bruno as well as the Mercy High School in Burlingame, California. After her high school graduation, she had joined the San Francisco College for Women.
Actress, Author, Singer, Businesswoman, Health Spokesperson
- Father – Francis ‘Frank’ Mahoney (Laborer, Gardener)
- Mother – Marion Elizabeth (née Turner) (Medical Secretary) (d. 1998)
- Siblings – Daniel Mahoney (Older Brother), Maureen Gilmartin (Older Sister). She also has a younger sibling.
- Others – Caroline Somers (Daughter-in-Law) (Writer, Producer), Bill Gilmartin (Brother-in-Law)
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Suzanne has dated –
- Bruce Somers (1964–1968) – Suzanne and Bruce Somers began dating in April 1964 and got married on April 14, 1965, when she was just 19 years old. They have a son together named Bruce Somers Jr. (b. November 8, 1965) (Marketing Agency Owner). The couple got divorced in 1968. Through Bruce Somers Jr., she has 3 grand-daughters named Camelia Marie Somers (b. October 2, 1995) (Actress), Violet Somers, and Daisy Hamel-Buffa (Musician).
- Alan Hamel (1976-Present) – Suzanne started dating Canadian entertainer, producer, and TV host Alan Hamel in November 1976, and they got married on November 11, 1977. She has step-children Leslie Hamel (Costume Designer) and Stephen Hamel (Film Director) from Alan’s previous marriage.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of English and Irish descent.
- Petite frame
- Shoulder-length, straight hair
- Charming smile
- Radiant face
Suzanne had been featured in the TV commercials for –
- Rice A Roni (1972)
- Folgers coffee (1974)
- Ace Hardware (the 1980s)
- Torso Track (1999)
- 3-Way Poncho (2015)
Suzanne Somers Facts
- Suzanne’s father had become an alcoholic when she was about 6 years old and he would often embarrass her and the family publicly with his antics. When she was 16 years old, she had hit him with a tennis racket after getting fed up with his behavior. He had suffered a concussion and had not spoken to her for nearly 2 years.
- In 1970, she was briefly arrested for passing bad checks but the charges against her were dropped when she paid restitution.
- She was diagnosed with stage II breast cancer in 2000 and had undergone a lumpectomy to remove the tumor.
- In January 2007, a raging wildfire had decimated her Malibu home.
- In 2020, she had fallen off the stairs (along with husband Alan Hamel) and had to undergo neck surgery to fix the 2 vertebrae which went out of place.
Featured Image by Suzanne Somers / Instagram