|Suzanne Somers Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||October 16, 1946|
Suzanne Somers is an American actress, author, singer, businesswoman, and health spokesperson who had appeared in numerous films and TV series in the 1970s and 1980s. She is most well recognized for her portrayal of Chrissy Snow in the sitcom Three’s Company (1977–1981). In the latter half of her career, she ran a successful business built around organic wellness and skincare products. She has also authored/co-authored several books including Wednesday’s Children: Adult Survivors of Abuse Speak Out (1992), Suzanne Somers’ Eat Great, Lose Weight (1996), Ageless: The Naked Truth About Bioidentical Hormones (2006), Breakthrough: 8 Steps to Wellness: Life-Altering Secrets From Today’s Cutting-Edge Doctors (2008), The S*xy Forever Food Bible (2011), and Bombshell: Explosive Medical Secrets That Will Redefine Aging (2012).
Suzanne Marie Mahoney
Suzy, The Queen of the Jiggles
San Bruno, San Mateo County, California, United States
She splits her time between Malibu, Los Angeles County, California, United States, and Palm Springs, Riverside County, California, United States.
Suzanne had attended the Capuchino High School in her hometown of San Bruno as well as the Mercy High School in Burlingame, California. After her high school graduation, she had joined the San Francisco College for Women.
Actress, Author, Singer, Businesswoman, Health Spokesperson
- Father – Francis ‘Frank’ Mahoney (Laborer, Gardener)
- Mother – Marion Elizabeth (née Turner) (Medical Secretary) (d. 1998)
- Siblings – Daniel Mahoney (Older Brother), Maureen Gilmartin (Older Sister). She also has a younger sibling.
- Others – Caroline Somers (Daughter-in-Law) (Writer, Producer), Bill Gilmartin (Brother-in-Law)
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Suzanne has dated –
- Bruce Somers (1964–1968) – Suzanne and Bruce Somers began dating in April 1964 and got married on April 14, 1965, when she was just 19 years old. They have a son together named Bruce Somers Jr. (b. November 8, 1965) (Marketing Agency Owner). The couple got divorced in 1968. Through Bruce Somers Jr., she has 3 granddaughters named Camelia Marie Somers (b. October 2, 1995) (Actress), Violet Somers, and Daisy Hamel-Buffa (Musician).
- Alan Hamel (1969-Present) – Suzanne started dating Canadian entertainer, producer, and TV host Alan Hamel in 1969, and they got married on November 11, 1977. She has step-children Leslie Hamel (Costume Designer) and Stephen Hamel (Film Director) from Alan’s previous marriage.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of English and Irish descent.
- Petite frame
- Shoulder-length, straight hair
- Charming smile
- Radiant face
Suzanne had been featured in the TV commercials for –
- Rice A Roni (1972)
- Folgers coffee (1974)
- Ace Hardware (the 1980s)
- Torso Track (1999)
- 3-Way Poncho (2015)
Suzanne Somers Favorite Things
- Movie – Out of Africa (1985)
- Room in the House – Dining Room
- Closet Item – Black Tom Ford leather dress
Source – UsMagazine.com
Suzanne Somers Facts
- Suzanne’s father had become an alcoholic when she was about 6 years old and he would often embarrass her and the family publicly with his antics. When she was 16 years old, she had hit him with a tennis racket after getting fed up with his behavior. He had suffered a concussion and had not spoken to her for nearly 2 years.
- In 1970, she was briefly arrested for passing bad checks but the charges against her were dropped when she paid restitution.
- She was diagnosed with stage II breast cancer in 2000 and had undergone a lumpectomy to remove the tumor.
- In January 2007, a raging wildfire had decimated her Malibu home.
- In 2020, she fell off the stairs (along with her husband Alan Hamel) and had to undergo neck surgery to fix the 2 vertebrae which went out of place.
- Her first-ever job was to work for the Carlton Card Company where she was required to sell door-to-door Christmas cards.
- Suzanne is great at making roasted chicken with onions, carrots, potatoes, and her secret salt rub.
- In 1987, she was the Las Vegas Female Entertainer of the Year.
- In 1973, she published her first book called Touch Me, a poetry book.
- Previously, she owned a Volkswagen Beetle car.
- Growing up, she had a celebrity crush on actor-singer, Eddie Fisher.
- Tequila is her cheat meal.
- Generally, on Saturday nights, she cooks a lavish dinner along with tequila cocktails for herself and her spouse Alan and they dance in the house.
- On Sundays, she works in her vegetable garden.
- If she ever has to pick a new career, it would be a chef.
- She was starstruck after she met Frank Sinatra.
- FaceMaster and getting bioidentical hormones are her beauty secret which has slowed down her aging.
- Since 1990, she has been using ThighMaster to tone her thigh muscles. She does 3 sets of 50 repetitions in each set.
- She is friends with some paparazzi. She calls them by their names during the events.
Featured Image by Suzanne Somers / Instagram