|Tony Dovolani Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||July 17, 1973|
Tony Dovolani is a dancer, actor, and judge known for showcasing his superior dancing skills on popular shows like Dancing with the Stars. He has done endorsement work for various brands such as Youthful Essence and Omega XL. He has a huge social media fan base with more than 200k followers on Instagram, more than 300k followers on Twitter, and more than 200k followers on Facebook.
Pristina, SFR Yugoslavia (Today Kosovo)
Stamford, Connecticut, United States
Since he fled from his country, Tony quit school and started working to help his family financially. He took his dance training from Fred Astaire Dance Studio.
Ballroom Dancer, Instructor, Judge, Actor
- Siblings – Fisnik Dovolani (Brother), Laura Dovolani (Sister)
Tony is managed by his own company, Tony Dovolani Productions, LLC.
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
76 kg or 167.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Tony Dovolani has dated –
- Lina Dovolani (1998-Present) – Tony met Lina on a blind date and popped the question in just 4 hours after meeting her. The couple decided to get hitched in November 1999 and is blessed with 3 children – daughter Luana and fraternal twins Adrian and Ariana.
Race / Ethnicity
Tony has Albanian ancestry.
- His well-toned body
- Usually maintains a stubble
Tony has done endorsement work for the following brands –
- Youthful Essence (2007)
- Core Rhythms dance workouts (2008)
- Omega XL (2013)
Best Known For
- His supreme and versatile dancing skills on Dancing with the Stars where he was a series regular from 2006 to 2016.
- For playing the role of Slick Willy in the dance movie Shall We Dance alongside Jennifer Lopez and Richard Gere.
Tony Dovolani made his theatrical film debut as Slick Willy in the dance drama Shall We Dance in 2004.
First TV Show
Tony Dovolani made his television show debut as himself on Dancing with the Stars in 2006.
Tony manages to keep his well-sculpted body in shape through dancing. He dances 8 to 9 hours in a day which helps to keep him active. He does not take a day off and also adapts aerobics into his workouts. Tony starts with a basic warm up and then hits the gym for floor and cable exercises.
He is a firm believer in portion control and is fond of eating fruit. He usually eats fruits and occasionally snacks on hazelnuts.
Tony Dovolani Facts
- His son Adrian has autism.
- He is fond of playing golf and is also a part of the Player Development Committee.
- He moved to Stamford from Yugoslavia when he was only 15 years.
- Tony revealed that during the time of war in his hometown, there were smoke bombs thrown at his school windows which nearly got him killed.
- His father was a political face in his hometown.
- He used to work as a cook at Stamford’s Parkway Diner.
- He has won 2 World Championships in dancing.
- When he was offered to be a part of the show Dancing with the Stars for the first time, he refused since he was still defending his world title.
Featured Image by Angela George / Flickr / CC BY-SA 3.0