|Cate Campbell Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||May 20, 1992|
Cate Campbell is an Australian competitive swimmer who as of May 2023, held several world record holders including the world record for Long Course 4 x 100 m Freestyle Relay with Team Australia as well as the short course 100 m freestyle. Aside from that, Campbell has also won two bronze medals at the 2008 and a gold medal at the 2012 Summer Olympics, a gold and a silver medal in 2016, and a gold medal at the 2020 Summer Olympics.
Cate Natalie Campbell
She was Homeschooled as a child. Later, she went on to complete her secondary school studies at Kenmore State High School in Brisbane, Queensland.
Cate has trained under the watchful eyes of Simon Cusack at the Commercial Swimming Club.
In 2011, Cate enrolled for a degree in Mass Communication at the Queensland University of Technology.
- Father – Eric Campbell (Accountant)
- Mother – Jenny Campbell (Nurse)
- Siblings – Bronte Campbell (Younger Sister) (Competitive Swimmer), Jessica Campbell (Younger Sister), Hamish Campbell (Younger Brother), Abigail Campbell (Younger Sister)
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Towering physical appearance
- Freckled face
Through her social media, Cate has either endorsed or promoted various brands including Witchery.
She had identified as a Christian in 2010 and 2011.
Cate Campbell Facts
- She was raised in Malawi but moved to Australia in 2001. Soon after that, Cate decided to take up swimming competitively.
- Her brother Hamish had been diagnosed with cerebral palsy in the past due to which he needs a lot of care.
- It was her mother Jenny who taught Jenny and her sisters to swim in their family pool.
- As a child, she even swam near hippopotami near Lake Malawi which is the deepest lake in Africa.
- She was raised in a Christian household. Her mother would often read the Bible to her.
- The home that they resided in was large and did not have a television. However, they did have various pets which included turkeys, guinea pigs, dogs, cats, and chickens.
- She took part in various high school public speaking events and excelled. Despite that, Cate had stated that she was an average student.
- Cate was 10 years old when she raced at the Brisbane Aquatic Centre pool for the first time.
- Her sister Bronte is also a professional swimmer who had competed in the Olympics. They even competed together in the same event at the 2012 Summer Olympics.
- She was diagnosed with stage one melanoma in November 2018, which she developed through a mole that she had since childhood but had to have it removed as part of the treatment.
- Cate spoke up about her struggles with body image in 2015, on television. During the telecast, she even admitted to being pressured by television and magazines to become skinny. Cate further added, that it went to the point of her becoming very ill and it was her mother who convinced her to see a dietitian.
- She and basketball player Patty Mills were the flagbearers for Australia at the Tokyo 2020 Olympics.
- Cate is a member of the QUT Elite Athlete program.
- She is the proud owner of a kayak.
- In her spare time, Cate enjoys going hiking, listening to music, newspaper crosswords, and brewing Kombucha.
- She has been sponsored by Quest Apartment Hotels, Allianz Australia, Eau Thermale Avène Australia, and arena (Clothing).
Featured Image By Cate Campbell / Instagram