|Ray Winstone Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||February 19, 1957|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Raymond Andrew “Ray” Winstone
Homerton, Hackney, London, UK
Roydon, Essex, England
Winstone was educated at the Brimsdown Primary School and Edmonton County School.
After graduation, Ray decided to pursue an acting career and joined the Corona Stage Academy.
- Father – Raymond John Winstone (Raymond had his own Vegetable and Fruit Business before he became a Black Cab Driver)
- Mother – Margaret Winstone (Emptying Fruit Machines)
Ray is signed with CAM.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
196 lbs or 89 kg
Ray Winstone dated –
- Elaine Winstone (1979–Present) – Ray met Elaine in 1979 on the set of That Summer. The exact date of their engagement and marriage is not known. The couple has 3 children, Lois, Jaime Margaret (born, May 6, 1985), and Lola (born, May 21, 2001).
Race / Ethnicity
- Hard and deep voice
- Often plays a tough guy character
Winstone has appeared in various TV commercials for: Omaha Public TV, Pot Noodle, Cider, Sky TV (UK), Sky TV, Holsten Pils lager (2001), Vodafone (2006), FA (2009) and Bet365 (2009).
Best Known For
His roles in the movies Nil by Mouth (1997), The War Zone (1999), Everything (2004), King Arthur (2004), The Departed (2006), Beowulf (2007), Noah (2014), and others.
Ray first showed up in the TV movie Scum in 1977, playing as Carlin.
His first featured appearance was in 1979 in the movie That Summer, in which he played the character of Steve.
First TV Show
Winstone first appeared in the TV series You and the World (1975), playing as Larry Meese.
Ray Winstone Facts
- When he was 7, Ray moved to the city of Enfield.
- He took horse riding classes when he was younger.
- Ray loves boxing. When he was 12, he attended boxing classes at the Repton Amateur Boxing Club. He won over 80 fights in the next decade. Ray also boxed for England and was a school champion in the welterweight tournament.
- He is a great supporter of the West Ham United football club.
- Ray had a huge passion for acting, so when he was a kid, he and his father went to watch a movie in the cinema every Wednesday.
- Winstone borrowed money from his mother’s friend and appeared in the Emil and the Detectives production, in which he played as a newspaper seller.
- He is one of the founders of Size 9 Productions along with Michael Wiggs and Joshua St. Johnston.
- Ray became bankrupt twice in his life. Once in 1988 and again in 1993.
- AMPAS invited Winstone to join the Academy in 2008.
- Ray is not on social media.