Rachel Hannah Weisz
Rachel, Rachel Weisz
London, England, UK
New York, US
British and American
Rachel Weisz has attended North London Collegiate School. After leaving her first school, she went to Benenden School and then, attended St Paul’s Girls School for one year and completed her A-levels.
After graduation, Weisz joined the prestigious Trinity Hall, Cambridge. She pursued the subject English for the degree of Bachelor of Arts. She graduated with second-class honors, upper division.
Actress, fashion model
- Father – George Weisz (Inventor)
- Mother – Edith Ruth (née Teich) (Teacher-turned-psychotherapist)
- Siblings – Minnie Weisz (Photographer and Curator)
Rachel Weisz is attached to Independent Talent Group Ltd. (Talent Agency), London, UK and Brillstein Entertainment Partners (Talent Management Company), California, USA.
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
125 lbs or 57 kg
Boyfriend / Spouse
Rachel Weisz has been romantically linked with –
- Ben Miller (1991-1993) – The English comedian, actor, and director, Ben Miller started dating Weisz in 1991. However, their relationship was brief and ended in two years.
- Dominic Anciano (1993-1996) – The English producer, actor, director, writer and comedian, Dominic Anciano, known for British TV series ‘Operation Good Guys’, started dating Weisz in 1993. However, the actress’ busy schedule did not permit the relationship to last long and they parted ways in 1996.
- Alessandro Nivola (1997) – The American actor and producer, Alessandro Nivola met Weisz during the filming of “I Want You” in 1997. They had a brief relationship thereafter.
- Neil Morrissey (1998-2000) – The English actor, media personality and businessman, Neil Morrissey was reportedly living-in with Weisz during their courtship. They started dating in 1998 after the shooting of “My Summer with Des.” The couple split in 2000.
- Sam Mendes (2000-2001) – The relationship between English stage and film director, Sam Mendes and Weisz was not steady. They maintained an ON and OFF relationship during their brief encounter in 2000 and 2001.
- Darren Aronofsky (2001-2010) – The American film director, screenwriter, and film producer, Darren Aronofsky, known for his controversial movies, started dating Weisz in 2001. They got engaged in 2005 and were blessed with son Henry Aronofsky in 2006. However, the couple announced their separation in 2010.
- Daniel Craig (2010-Present) – The couple started dating in December 2010, but they knew each other since 1992 when they were together at the shoot of ‘Les Grandes Horizontales.’ The duo reconnected in 2010 when they worked together for the Broadway production ‘Dream House.’ The couple married on June 22, 2011, in a private New York ceremony. Daniel already has a daughter, Ella from his previous relationship. Hence, in 2011, as a result of marriage, Rachel became a US citizen too. The couple is expecting their first child together.
Race / Ethnicity
Rachel Weisz is Jewish on her father’s side and has Austrian Jewish, “Catholic Viennese” and Italian ancestry on her mother’s side.
- Effervescent smile
- Long Brown Hair
- Beautiful Eyes
37-24-35 in or 94-61-89 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU) or 8 (UK)
9.5 (US) or 40 (EU)
Rachel Weisz has appeared in several TV commercials and print ads since her modeling time.
She has served as a muse for designer Narciso Rodriguez. She had been the face of Revlon in 2005.
Rachel Weisz is Jewish according to her heritage.
However, she does not believe in one religion or followed it in a devout manner. She rather believes that humanity should take over segregation created by religion.
Best Known For
Rachel Weisz is best known for her role as Evelyn Carnahan-O’Connell in the movies The Mummy (1999) and The Mummy Returns (2001).
Rachel Weisz appeared as a junior executive in the 1994 release Death Machine.
First TV Show
Rachel Weisz appeared on the small screen for the first time as Sarah Thompson in the TV movie Advocates II (1992).
However, Rachel’s first TV show appearance was in the episode “Twilight of the Gods” of the British detective drama TV Series Inspector Morse in 1993 as Arabella Baydon.
The perfectly sculpted body of Rachel Weisz makes her one of the most beautiful women in the world. The actress maintains her physique through training and workouts. Her personal trainer, Gregory Joujon-Roche focuses on her overall well-being. He not only provides necessary training for physical fitness, but also recommends a diet of high-fiber, water-rich vegetables, proteins like tofu and fish, and essential fats from raw almonds and seeds.
Roche makes sure that the actress takes about 90-minute session for five days in a week. Her rigorous exercise includes running and wire work essentially. The trainer also gives special training on the treadmill to keep Weisz’ waist and butts trimmed. This includes a session with raising the elevation of the treadmill platform that gives a feel of climbing a steep hill.
Rachel Weisz Favorite Things
- Director – Paul Thomas Anderson, Pedro Almodovar, Sean Durkin
- Filmmaker – The Dardenne brothers
- Actress – Meryl Streep
- Designer – Jason Wu, Isabel Marant, Stella McCartney, Steven Alan and Hussein Chalayan, Preen
- Writer – Philip Roth
- Books – American Pastoral (By Philip Roth), My Ear at His Heart (By Hanif Kureishi), Howards End (By E.M.Forster), On Beauty (By Zadie Smith), An Inmate History of Humanity (By Theodore Zeldin).
- Idols – Gena Rowlands, Katharine Hepburn, Jack Nicholson, Shirley MacLaine, Ingrid Bergman, Jimi Hendrix, and Janis Joplin
- Movie – Performance (1970)
- Musician – Beethoven
Rachel Weisz Facts
- She is known for her beautiful appearance since teenage. At that time, she was known as “English Rose.”
- Rachel started modeling at the age of 14.
- She was interested in live performances and was a part of a student drama group called Cambridge Talking Tongues, which ceased to exist in 1993. Personalities like Sacha Baron Cohen, Alexander Armstrong, Sue Perkins, Mel Giedroyc, Richard Osman and Ben Miller were her contemporaries in college.
- Her performance in the movie The Constant Gardener (2005) rewarded her with the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress, the Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actress in a Motion Picture, and the Screen Actors Guild Award for Best Supporting Actress in a Motion Picture.
- Her performances have garnered her invitation to join the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences in 2006. In the same year, she was also awarded the Britannia Award for Artist of the Year at Los Angeles BAFTA Ceremony.
- In 1994, Weisz was awarded the London Critics Circle Theatre Award (Drama Theatre) for her performance in ‘Design for Living’ as the Most Promising Newcomer.
- Emily Mortimer was her classmate at St Paul’s Girls School in London.
- She was ranked #30 by Stuff magazine in the list of “102 Sexiest Women in the World” in 2002.
- She was ranked #37 by Empire magazine on the list of “100 Sexiest Stars in Film History” in 2007.
- Weisz has inked a tattoo of a ladder on her hip.