|Paul Thomas Anderson Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||June 26, 1970|
Paul Thomas Anderson is an American filmmaker known for his work in films like Phantom Thread, There Will Be Blood, Boogie Nights, and many others. Considered to be a true auteur, Paul started his career at a very young age and made his first film The Dirk Diggler Story in 1988 which was a mockumentary about a p*rnography star. He is known for realistically flawed and desperate characters in his films. Paul has won awards for his films like Robert Altman Award in 2014 for his film Inherent Vice.
Paul Thomas Anderson
P. T. Anderson, PTA
Los Angeles, California, United States
San Fernando Valley, California, United States
Paul has studied in various schools like Buckley, Sherman Oaks, John Thomas Dye School, Campbell Hall School, Cushing Academy, and Montclair Prep. Paul has completed his graduation from Santa Monica College and his English majors from Emerson College. He also attended New York University for a period of 2 days.
- Father – Ernie Anderson (Actor)
- Mother – Edwina
- Siblings – Amanda Anderson (Sister), Ernest Anderson (Brother), Stephen Anderson (Brother), Kathryn Anderson (Sister), Elizabeth Anderson (Sister), Victoria Anderson (Sister), Richard Anderson (Brother), Michael Anderson (Brother)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Paul has dated –
- Fiona Apple (1997-2002) – Fiona and Paul dated each other for 5 years and then parted ways.
- Estella Warren (2000-2001)
- Maya Rudolph (2001-Present) – Maya and Paul have been in a long term relationship and they have 4 kids together – 3 daughters named Pearl Minnie Anderson (b. October 2005), Lucille Anderson (b. November 2009), and Minnie Ida Anderson (b. August 2013); and a son named Jack Anderson (b. July 2011).
Race / Ethnicity
- Shoots wide angles and moving tracking shots.
- Films ending on unusual notes
- Shoots most of his films in the San Fernando Valley
He has directed ads for brands like Mattress Man.
Paul Thomas Anderson Favorite Things
- Actor – Adam Sandler
- Director – Martin Scorsese, Jonathan Demme
- Movies – The Treasure of the Sierra Madre (1948), Big Daddy (1999), Bad Day at Black Rock (1955), Dogville (2003), Dunkirk (2017)
Paul Thomas Anderson Facts
- He doesn’t like jokes about cancer as his dad was a victim of cancer.
- He belonged to a film background and hence had no other interest other than filmmaking.
- Paul made his first film when he was 8 years old.
- He is the only director to win awards at all the major European film festivals.
- As of June 2020, he has directed 7 actors to an Oscar nomination.
Featured Image By Jürgen Fauth / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 2.0