Sir Daniel Michael Blake Day-Lewis
Greenwich, London, England, UK
Lewis was educated at Sevenoaks School in Kent and Bedales School in Hampshire, England.
After graduation, he went to the Bristol Old Vic Theater School, where he studied for three years.
- Father – Cecil Day-Lewis (Poet)
- Mother – Jill Balcon (Actress)
- Siblings – Tamasin Day-Lewis (Older Sister)
- Others – Michael Balcon (Grandfather)
Daniel Day-Lewis is signed to –
- Julian Belfrage Associates
- Parseghian Planco Management
6 ft ¼ in or 186 cm
174 lbs or 79 kg
Girlfriend / Spouse
Daniel Day-Lewis dated-
- Juliette Binoche (1988) – Daniel met Juliette on the set of the movie The Unbearable Lightness of Being in 1988. Their relationship lasted for a short period before they split up.
- Isabelle Adjani (1989 – 1994) – Daniel had been in a relationship with the French Actress Isabelle Adjani in the period of 1989 till 1994. They have one son Gabriel–Kane, born on April 14, 1995.
- Julia Roberts (1995) – Daniel dated Julia Roberts for a brief period in 1995.
- Winona Ryder (1996) – RUMOR
- Rebecca Miller (1996 – Present) – Daniel and his current wife Rebecca Miller, met through her father, the playwright Arthur Miller. At the time, he was working on the movie The Crucible (1996). Daniel visited Arthur’s house and got introduced to Rebecca. After a couple of months spent in a relationship, Day-Lewis and Rebecca married on November 13, 1996. They have two children, Ronan Cal (born on June 14, 1998) and Cashel Blake (born in May 2002).
Race / Ethnicity
Daniel has Irish, English, Latvian, Polish and Jewish ancestry.
Salt and Pepper
- Salt and Pepper hair
- Often selects and chooses his roles
- Sentimental performances
- Dramatic Voice
Daniel’s body specifications are not known.
10.5 (US) or 9.5 (UK) or 44 (EU)
Daniel Day-Lewis hasn’t signed any endorsement contract till now.
Best Known For
Daniel is best known for his roles in many movies, including: The Left Foot (1989), In the Name of the Father (1993), The Crucible (1996), There Will Be Blood (2007) and Lincoln (2012).
Day-Lewis is considered to be a method actor, who always wants to know his exact roles.
Day-Lewis first appeared in the movie Sunday Bloody Sunday as Child Vandal, back in 1971.
First TV Show
In 1980, Daniel was part of the acting cast for the TV series Shoestring, in which he played as a DJ. He showed up in just one episode, titled The Farmer Had a Wife.
Richard Smedley is Daniel’s personal trainer.
His workout and diet are not known.
Daniel Day-Lewis Favorite Things
- Actor – Heath Ledger
Source – IMDb
Daniel Day-Lewis Facts
- Daniel was selected as one of the 50 Most Beautiful People by People’s Magazine.
- At the age of 15, Daniel lost his father.
- Day-Lewis has Irish and British citizenships.
- Daniel is a passionate supporter of the Millwall Football Club.
- He has a house in both Ireland and USA.
- He is one among the only three male actors who won 3 Oscars for the role of “Best Actor.”
- He appeared in the Time Magazine as one of the 100 Most Influential People in the World.
- He wanted to be a cabinet maker.
- Daniel is also called English Robert De Niro.
- You can follow Daniel on Twitter.