|Daniel Day-Lewis Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft ¼ in|
|Date of Birth||April 29, 1957|
Daniel Day-Lewis is an English retired actor who is regarded as one of the finest actors of his generation and has won several accolades including 3 Academy Awards for “Best Actor” (making him the first actor to have three wins in that category), 4 British Academy Film Awards, 3 Screen Actors Guild Awards, and 2 Golden Globe Awards. One of the most selective actors in the film industry, his filmography includes My Left Foot, In the Name of the Father, There Will Be Blood, Gangs of New York, Lincoln, The Ballad of Jack and Rose, A Room with a View, The Unbearable Lightness of Being, Phantom Thread, The Age of Innocence, The Last of the Mohicans, The Boxer, My Beautiful Laundrette, and Gandhi. He received a knighthood for services to drama in 2014 and The New York Times ranked him 3rd on its list of the “25 Greatest Actors of the 21st century” in 2020.
Daniel Michael Blake Day-Lewis
Greenwich, London, England, United Kingdom
Lewis was educated at Sevenoaks School in Kent and Bedales School in Hampshire, England.
After graduation, he went to the Bristol Old Vic Theater School, where he studied for three years.
- Father – Cecil Day-Lewis (Poet)
- Mother – Jill Balcon (Actor)
- Siblings – Tamasin Day-Lewis (Older Sister)
- Others – Rev. Frank Cecil Day-Lewis (Paternal Grandfather), Kathleen Blake Squires (Paternal Grandmother), Michael Elias Balcon (Maternal Grandfather), Aileen Freda Leatherman (Maternal Grandmother)
Daniel Day-Lewis has been signed to –
- Julian Belfrage Associates, Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom
- Parseghian Planco Management
His net worth has been $60 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft ¼ in or 186 cm
174 lbs or 79 kg
Girlfriend / Spouse
Daniel Day-Lewis has dated –
- Juliette Binoche (1988) – Daniel met Juliette on the set of the movie The Unbearable Lightness of Being in 1988. Their relationship lasted for a short period before they split up.
- Isabelle Adjani (1989-1994) – Daniel had been in a relationship with the French actor Isabelle Adjani in the period of 1989 till 1994. They have one son Gabriel–Kane, born on April 14, 1995.
- Julia Roberts (1995) – Daniel dated Julia Roberts for a brief period in 1995.
- Winona Ryder (1996) – RUMOR
- Rebecca Miller (1996–Present) – Daniel and his current wife Rebecca Miller, met through her father, the playwright Arthur Miller. At the time, he was working on the movie The Crucible (1996). Daniel visited Arthur’s house and got introduced to Rebecca. After a couple of months spent in a relationship, Day-Lewis and Rebecca married on November 13, 1996. They have two children, Ronan Cal (born on June 14, 1998) and Cashel Blake (born in May 2002).
Race / Ethnicity
Daniel is of English, Northern Irish, and Welsh descent on his father’s side and has Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry on his mother’s side.
Salt and Pepper
- Salt and Pepper hair
- Often selects and chooses his roles
- Sentimental performances
- Dramatic Voice
10.5 (US) or 9.5 (UK) or 44 (EU)
Best Known For
Daniel is best known for his roles in many movies, including The Left Foot (1989), In the Name of the Father (1993), The Crucible (1996), There Will Be Blood (2007), and Lincoln (2012).
Day-Lewis is considered to be a method actor, who always wants to know his exact roles.
Day-Lewis first appeared in the movie Sunday Bloody Sunday as Child Vandal, back in 1971.
First TV Show
In 1980, Daniel was part of the acting cast for the TV series Shoestring, in which he played the role of a DJ. He showed up in just one episode, titled The Farmer Had a Wife.
Richard Smedley is Daniel’s personal trainer.
Daniel Day-Lewis Favorite Things
- Actor – Heath Ledger
Source – IMDb
Daniel Day-Lewis Facts
- Daniel was selected as one of the 50 Most Beautiful People by People’s Magazine.
- At the age of 15, Daniel lost his father.
- Day-Lewis has Irish and British citizenships.
- Daniel is a passionate supporter of the Millwall Football Club.
- He has a house in both Ireland and the United States.
- He is one among the only three male actors who won 3 Oscars for the role of “Best Actor.”
- He appeared in Time Magazine as one of the 100 Most Influential People in the World.
- He wanted to be a cabinet maker.
- Daniel is also called English Robert De Niro.
- His theatre credits include having been cast in productions of The Recruiting Officer, Troilus and Cressida, Old King Cole, Class Enemy, Hamlet, A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Look Back in Anger, Dracula, and Futurists.
- He co-starred as Reynolds Woodcock in the 2017 historical drama film Phantom Thread and this role got him nominated for various accolades including an Academy Award for “Best Actor”, British Academy Film Award for “Best Actor in a Leading Role”, and Golden Globe Award for “Best Actor – Motion Picture Drama”.